Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So where to now for TWF'rs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    The older matches - especially the first couple of seasons have proven difficult to track down.

But I still have a few options that I am working on.
    Well whatever you do I am extremely interested

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I have lurked on this site since the very start, but only started posting in last few weeks.
    TWF is unique and a living throbbing website. If I look at Roar or GAGR in the morning, there is nothing new when I go back into it in the evening. Whereas on TWF, people are posting new stories, updates, comments or thoughts all day.

Well done TWFers. Lets keep it going. Dont let those bastards destroy your passion.

vCash
    The older matches - especially the first couple of seasons have proven difficult to track down.

But I still have a few options that I am working on.
    Have you asked Foxtel what they have in their vaults?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Have you asked Foxtel what they have in their vaults?
    not if I can help it.

Foxtel will want money. And I am broke.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    Go the Rabbitohs! .....unless the IPRC turns out as good as it's potential.

vCash
    not if I can help it.

Foxtel will want money. And I am broke.
    I have a buck or 5 hanging around, I am sure that's all old dusty tapes of the Force would be worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Go the Rabbitohs! .....unless the IPRC turns out as good as it's potential.
    Yep, having risen from the ashes after being shafted by their governing body, the Rabbitohs are becoming a bit of a poster child for me too.

vCash
    We might need a RL sub-forum in "Other Sports" to tide us over until next year's IPRC/NRC. Along time from February to September.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    We might need a RL sub-forum in "Other Sports" to tide us over until next year's IPRC/NRC. Along time from February to September.
    IF all we are going to do is talk about League for 12 months - I am out of here.........

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I'll be there at NIB, standing the Shed like I have since 1997, singing bawdy songs and telling the opposition goalie he is a fat bastard who does scandalous things with his mother.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I'll be there at NIB, standing the Shed like I have since 1997, singing bawdy songs and telling the opposition goalie he is a fat bastard who does scandalous things with his mother.
    You would think with so many Pom's in Perth the Glory would have some new chants but it has been the same rubbish for decades. It bothers me more than it should.

vCash
    IF all we are going to do is talk about League for 12 months - I am out of here.........
    Simple X. Don't read. You are qualified for the club forums go there.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Great idea Shasta, I will bide my time following the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles and the Dunsborough Dung Beetles...
    Hopefully the IPRC happens sooner than later...

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Hi guys

For the time being we are in limbo land. No Super Team to support with only the Spirit to keep us going (hmm, sound a bit like a tv evangelist there) But after that? We have the local comp next year and hopefully the IPRC at some time in the future.

As a supporter group where do we want to go? Do we want to disappear slowly over time? Hell, I've actually come to like a few of you and most of you aren't as ugly in person as I had imagined In the past six months there have been some new faces on here to boot. We have shown through several avenues we are a creative and passionate mob and I think we have a lot to offer.

Exile made the suggestion some time ago that we should take the next step and become an incorporated not-for-profit supporters group. I think that has merit. Whilst we don't have a Super Rugby Team, we still have a Super Rugby Union (RugbyWA that is) that more than ever, needs supporters.

I'm not suggesting anything too fancy, but I am sure we can make a positive contribution whether it be through fundraising (no bloody stickers) or other forms of advocacy.

Thoughts?
    Great idea Andrew, yesterday i was completely over rugby in general but i now have a clearer head. I intend to donate most of my OTF refund as suggested by Mark Sinderberry. We need to be ready when our time comes again so we need to make sure Rugby WA are able to do all they can to keep the sport going until then. I believe it will be sooner than later. As well as that I think it would be great to keep a fan site going, maybe have some social events, fundraising etc. I am willing to help in any capacity. I think we all, including RugbyWA, will have learnt something from this sordid little episode and in the meantime I will attend the next Senate enquiry hearing on Oct 11th and hope like hell that those bastards from the ARU get their comeuppance. Oh and I'll be at the Spirit game on Sunday

vCash
    I am working with the people behind the Save the Force rally to organise a massive "weren't the last 12 years fantastic" celebration event to mark the end of the Western Force Mark I era.

As we never got the chance to do a proper 'thanks for the memories' send off, I thought this would be a good way to try and draw a line under the horrendous last six months, celebrate the good times and the memories, and start looking towards the new dawn and the next 12 year chapter in the history of rugby in WA. It could also be a good fund-raising opportunity for RWA as they are now severely starved of resources.

As the details start to shape up, I'll post them on here in a dedicated thread. We could even use the event as the launch for our new TWF forum, and get more people on board!

Hope you will all join the party. As the rally organisers were Irish, it'll be a bloody fantastic craic!!

Ali

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast