Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Force vs Tahs round 1 2017

vCash
    In for $100!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Good job I'm not picking the side , because I would have had Tessman at no 4 hooker-off field leader (big deal) or not. I will be suprised if most of his lineouts work which will be blamed on the jumpers

vCash
    Hodgo is a big out and missing both Hodgo and McCalman in one game isn't the best way to start the year but the back row is one area I'm pretty sure we have some depth, Koteka and Hardwick are quality replacements although a little bit inexperienced

I imagine the Waratahs will be sending plenty of attack at Curtis Rona in defence given he has been playing mostly on a wing in League for years now but I don't really rate Folau at 13 so it will be an interesting match up.

Hopefully the boys are fit after a real pre-season instead Michael Foley's holiday camp.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I would've started with TPN and Naisarani, to provide a bit more dynamism in the forwards, but like the look of the team otherwise.
    We're going to be putting a lot of pilfering pressure on with that backrow, so hopefully we don't end up giving away a whole bunch of penalties.

Foley has apparently been ruled out, so I'm backing us for the win comparing the 2 sides on paper!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    BREAKING NEWS | Hegarty called up to number ten with Foley ruled out of Rnd 1 this Sat against the Force http://bit.ly/2lHMy6f

vCash
    Missing Hodgo and Dog at the same time will test more than their backrow depth, I think the ticker is where the loss will be felt most.

If they can put in a spirited performance against the favourites it will be a good sign.As for weaknesses in the team: THe midfield have had plenty of time together, but both boys are on Super Rugby Debut, so it's a risk. They look the goods, but if they aren't up to the standard, it could get messy.

Heath might be a surprising pick over TPN, but the bench cover thing is there and everybody knows that you have to put procedures in place to make sure that Tatafu doesn't break himself, because he only knows one way to play the game.

Lot s of people don't like Ross at lock, but I think it's his natural position, he just needs to be taller than he is, we don't have many jumping options, but they have Skelton and Hooper, so they are losing genuine options as well. I think our back 5 is at least as god as theirs, so I'll leave it at that.

Pekka and Jermain is a pick that is interesting to me, particularly the tighthead side of the scrum. I don't know that Ainsley is our best, and I'm sure that Ben Daley hasn't got what it takes to work the Tahs front row over even with TPN next to him.

and Jono absolutely MUST stay fit and play as close to 80 minutes as possible.

Positives:
    The untested centre pairing has an equal chance of being amazing as it does of sucking, It will certainly be the matchup to watch. I'm with Jargs on Izzy at 13, he doesn't seem to be productive enough, and he is well documented for not wanting to pass the footy (great footwork though)

Back three are world class, even with the understanding that Peni is on debut, Luke Morahan is Australia's most dangerous open field runner for mine and Dane is as steady and smart an option at the back as you will find. Add a dose of bottled lightning like Chance Peni and its a group that'll only need opportunities to carve up. Will they get those opportunities from the Tahs? We don't know. Will they choose to use those opportunities or will their head get in the way? Can't tell. For my money, give chance Peni the ball in a couple of metres space inside the 22 and tell him How old Folau is.... he's just young enough to have a crack, and it might be the linebreak of the game if he manages to pull it off.

Backrow and Back three are where this game is at for me, If the backrow can secure the ball and if they can get usable ball to the back three, I think we might have a shot at it!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Rona played Centre quite a bit last year, probably why his try stats were down a bit. Still a big step up defending 13 in Rugby - on Folau to boot. But he is a good defender and physically pretty much identical.

Hardwick and Koteka are ready and have a point to prove. High hopes for both. Not too sure if RHP is the same - yet.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Backline looks stronger than the piggies. When was the last time that was said about the force. Reckon TPN and Naisarani should have started. Hope they can make some gains against tired legs later.

Want to see the team outlast the tahs physically and play with ball in hand. if they can show they can do that then they might have been doing the right things in the off season. roll on sat...

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Senior Player
    vCash
    Like the look of the team. You can see the depth coming through with a full Wallaby front row on the bench.

They must really see Prior as a Super Rugby quality #10 now, I felt that last year he was only used there due to injuries but now he is obviously rated more highly than Grant and Burton.

Good to see Newsome picked ahead of Brache, Masirewa etc, keen to see what he can produce off the bench.

vCash
    Have to attend a function 2 morrow evening. Venue changed to near the Subi Hotel. Anyone know if they show the match?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Not far to it will be on there

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    They may..but the game is on Saturday at 4.45 Perth time..

vCash
    Like the look of the team, TPN and Naisarani to rip open a few holes in the Tahs defense in the latter half of the game.

Last edited by Kept One; 23-02-17 at 13:15.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    They may..but the game is on Saturday at 4.45 Perth time..
    Another "Senior Moment" function IS Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Not far to it will be on there
    Yeah and I did think of the $8.00 pints too, don't worry. But function starts @ 6:00pm so we're gonna be late already.

P.S. Do you work on commission?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast