Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What to do this year

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    It seems social media is the way to do that. I emailed Taylor's and didn't even receive a reply
    Taylors might have given up responding to so many emails by then! Hopefully they got the message, that they needed to put pressure on the RA and issue a public statement of their stance.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Put in a review on their Facebook page

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Ok. Let's have a numerical example.

As a 12 year gold member of the Western Force and an annual attender at Rugby Championship tests for the past 10+ years, I regard myself as a stakeholder in the WA Rugby Community. The ARU/RA, with what I believe is the complicity of the VRU, has given the finger to the WA Rugby Community, and I believe that it has sought to destroy the sport of Rugby Union in WA.

I also believe that the sponsors of the ARU/RA and the Melbourne Rebels have by their sponsorships endorsed the actions of the ARU/RA in its campaign against the WA Rugby Community.

Therefore, I believe that I have been given sufficient reason to avoid future personal and commercial dealings with the ARU/RA and their sponsors, both direct and indirect.

Personal dealings.

For each of the last 10+ years, it has been my practice to attend the Bledisloe test in Sydney and the Australia vs South Africa RC test, where-ever it has been held in Australia, and to take 4 to 8 guests from Sydney, Perth or Brisbane to the tests.

QANTAS is a major sponsor of the ARU through its sponsorship of the Wallabies and I believe that in the absence of any related denials by QANTAS, the continuing sponsorship of the ARU/RA/Wallabies is an endorsement by QANTAS of the actions taken by the ARU/RA against the WA Rugby Community.

For several years now, QANTAS was my companies' preferred airline for intra-state and inter-state travel - QANTAS do not fly direct from Perth to the locations of our major international clients (i.e. Africa), so they have been getting little or none of our international travel spend. However, in late 2017, my companies' preferred airline for intra-state and inter-state travel changed; QANTAS's support for the ARU/RA was a factor in that change. I and our staff now collect Velocity frequent flyer points.

I expect that the consequent loss of $250K to $500K in annual revenue from us will not show up as even the slightest blip on QANTAS's revenue charts and will be of absolutely no consequence to QANTAS. However, if a good portion of other companies in the METS sector in WA were to change their supplier of intra-state and inter-state travel away from QANTAS, then the blip in revenue might become more noticeable.

BTW, when we fly to Melbourne in June for Origin 1, we will fly Virgin. In all previous years, we have flown QANTAS.
    Good work Fingertips.

Email below that I sent today to Olivia Wirth, Group Executive Brand, Marketing and Corporate Affairs, Qantas Airways Limited.
    olivawirth@qantas.com.au

Hi Olivia,

Further to your response on 9/11/17 to my letter to Alan Joyce about taking a public stance the shocking culling of the Western Force by the ARU:

The court cases you hid behind are long over and a Senate Inquiry has exposed to the world the ARU skullduggery involved.
    https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary...byunion/Report

I have still not seen a word from Alan Joyce or Qantas.

I have recently booked an overseas trip for myself and three members of my family. We will not be flying on Qantas,

I have seen other Force supporters on twf.com.au and Facebook reporting similar actions.
    http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=39612&page=3

regards

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I just noticed her email to me is actually from oliviawirth@qantas.com.au but the bit I cut and paste above comes directly from her own signature in that email and did not have the i in Olivia

vCash
    What did she send you previously?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    What did she send you previously?
    Thank you for your note to Alan. We appreciate your support.

And thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the ARU’s decisions regarding the Super Rugby and Western Force.

As a major partner of the ARU, we are proud to carry the Qantas Wallabies as well as Men’s and Women’s Rugby 7s teams as the compete around the world. The passion that so many people have for rugby union in Australia and globally is one of the reasons we have had such a long association with the ARU and the national teams. We are hopeful that the current situation can be resolved quickly so everyone can return to enjoying the game and supporting their team, but while there are ongoing legal challenges we do not believe it is appropriate for us to comment on the decisions.

I appreciate your passion for the game. Thank you again for taking the time to contact Qantas.

Regards,

Olivia Wirth

vCash
    What a pathetic and patronising response from Olive. Basically says we don't care about anything except our ARU buddies and the national teams and once all the fuss from the peasants out west dies down we'll carry on as if nothing has happened, so screw you all.

All the more reason for us to say 'screw you' back!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Dear [insert name of correspondent]

Thank you for [insert nature of communication received] to [insert name of addressee]

And thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about [insert subject matter of the communication]

[Insert generic paragraph identifying name of sport and/or institution and governing body thereof, and express sympathy for concerns (if any)]

I appreciate your passion for [insert name of activity]

Thank you for taking the time to contact Qantas.

Regards

[Insert name of responsible section officer]

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Dear [insert name of correspondent]

Thank you for [insert nature of communication received] to [insert name of addressee]

Can be found in the "Corporate Affairs Managers' Guide to Obsequious Correspondence", which I refer to when necessary.
    Also gets a mention in "Send This Jerk the Bedbug Letter", subtitled "How Companies, Politicians and the Mass Media Deal with Complaints".

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 12-01-18 at 13:08.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    What to do? Wander about wearing my new "Bring Back the Force" tshirt

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Senior Player
    vCash

2018 SR membership numbers

On the topic of rugby in 2018, does anyone have an idea of what the new and renewal membership numbers in 2018 are for the 4 remaining SR franchises?

Or are those numbers State secrets, in the way that the attendance numbers at Rebels' home games became a State secret in the latter part of 2017.

vCash
    On the topic of rugby in 2018, does anyone have an idea of what the new and renewal membership numbers in 2018 are for the 4 remaining SR franchises?

Or are those numbers State secrets, in the way that the attendance numbers at Rebels' home games became a State secret in the latter part of 2017.
    Brumbies have signed 3970 members so far. That's often slow to update and Canberra is always slow this time of the year.

That's the only figures I can find so far.

Last edited by Bakkies; 21-01-18 at 13:54.

vCash

Fingertips, no idea and I do not give a crap as I now follow Scotland, Aviva, Anglo-Welsh and 6 nations rugby. As well as the champions cup. SR and the Wallabies are dead to me.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Went to scorchers last night. Pity that is finishing so soon it would have tidied me over for Sports

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Went to scorchers last night. Pity that is finishing so soon it would have tidied me over for Sports
    Truth is, if we turn our backs on Super Rugby and Rugby Union tests, then there's a lot of sporting events besides Rugby which we can spend our money on and feel that we have got good value.

Just like there are
    • other airlines besides QANTAS (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other suppliers of sporting merchandises beside ASICS (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other business consultants besides Accenture (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other suppliers of financial services besides HSBC (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other makers of wines besides Taylors of Clare Valley (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other mens' toiletries besides those made by Men+Care (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other health and sports supplements besides those from Swisse (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other tyres besides those manufactured and sold by Falken (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other providers of sports betting besides bet365 (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other electrolytes besides those from SOS (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other hotels and resorts besides those operated by Crowne Plaza (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other clothing besides that supplied by Sportscraft (sponsor of the AU/RA)
    • other suppliers of sporting equipment besides Gilbert (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other suppliers of sports medical products besides Victor (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other manufacturers of scrummage machines besides Enforcer (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other private universities besides Bond University (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other suppliers of clothing and footwear besides R M Williams (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other manufacturers of watches besides Seiko (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other manufacturers of mouth guards beside opro (sponsor of the ARU/RA)
    • other suppliers of sporting apparel besides BLK (sponsor of the Melbourne Rebels)
    • other vendors of trucks and buses besides FUSO (sponsor of the Melbourne Rebels)
    • other builders and vendors of agricultural equipment besides Massey Ferguson (sponsor of the Melbourne Rebels)
    • other suppliers of SUVs and 4WDs besides Land Rover (sponsor of the Melbourne Rebels)
    • other food suppliers besides PFD (sponsor of the Melbourne Rebels)
    • other managers of parking facilities besides Wilson (sponsor of the Melbourne Rebels)
    • other makers of probiotics besides Yakult (sponsor of the Melbourne Rebels)
    • other manufacturers of plasters and bandages besides Elastoplast (sponsor of the Melbourne Rebels)
    • other vendors of shoes besides Julius Marlow (sponsor of the Melbourne Rebels)

Why in heaven's name is the WA Government still listed as a supporter of the ARU/RA?
    Fair suck of the sauce bottle, Mr McGowan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast