Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: STRESS, TEARS & A CLUB RUINED - Pek Cowan

vCash
    What a f@*king legend.
    I think the players have maybe been somewhat reserved for fear of persecution, particularly the younger players that have just broken in to the Wallabies squad..just goes to show the leadership shown by guys like Pek and Hodgo to stand up for those guys and speak on their behalf.
    It's truly a shame that in this day and age where mental health, R U OK Day, beyondblue etc, exist that a national sporting body can't stand up for its players (most of whom are still on ARU contracts) and give a shit about their well-being. Let alone have the decency (or balls) to speak to them in person.
    What an appalling display of arrogance, short sightedness, cost cutting, shameful behaviour.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    I hope you guys know that I get it.
    I certainly do Lou, and from my discussions with a number of other TWFers I suspect many others do too. We appreciate your input.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Sorry Shasta but that is bullshit in a hand bag. The guy wrote an eloquent piece about a topic that is still raw to him and lots of other players and supporters. My heart goes out to him. He gets it. I hope you guys know that I get it. Shasta you seem to think that Joe Public would think less for his lot in life because he got to work 13 years as a pro player and got to set himself up and got to move into his investment property - SFW? The post is not about that - and if you don't get what its about, then that, my friend, is BIAH.
    Well I have welcomed your input since you came aboard. Including this one from you. Just don't agree with you abou the bit you took me to task on. No biggie.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Apprentice
    vCash
    I won't lie.. this was hard to read. Even though my family left before things took a turn for the worst, we witnessed everything that the aru were doing. The force players really didn't get any support from RUPA or the ARU in regards to councilling.
    The only person the boys felt safe to talk to was hodgo or the smaller groups within the playing circle. I believe one of the hardest parts was being a partner to a player who had no idea what was going on, if they were going to have a job, if we were going to have an income or a roof over our heads with a new baby. There are families behind the players and I think we were almost as viable for support then the players. It's been a hell of a year and I really am glad that we are no longer under the aru where we are now!

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well I have welcomed your input since you came aboard. Including this one from you. Just don't agree with you abou the bit you took me to task on. No biggie.
    ok thanks for the feedback

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Article now written about in The West here: https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88607976z

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Article now written about in The West here: https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88607976z
    And nicely edited too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Really feel for u Pek -we have been with you guys all 12 years and we are still here with u.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3