Thread: Nick Cummins excites US sports media with vintage interview

vCash

Nick Cummins excites US sports media with vintage interview

NICK “Honey Badger” Cummins produced a vintage post-match interview on the weekend, with a handful of sensational lines that were noticed in the US media.

Speaking in an interview for the Western Force website in the wake of a 13-6 loss to the Stormers, the Wallabies winger reeled off his usual string of colourful quotes, including one with an American rhyming slang reference: “I sound like I’ve been bloody whacked in the Niagara Falls.”

It must have been enough to get the US interested, with USA Today’s For The Win running a video and a handful of his best quotes under the headline: “Australian rugby player gives incredible interview that’s impossible to understand.”

SB Nation went a step further, with a resident Australian reporter translating the quotes after giving a brief intro to the Honey badger phenomenon.

“There aren’t enough adjectives to accurate convey just how awesome Nick “Honey Badger” Cummins is. The Australian rugby star is known for his down-to-earth demeanour and post-game interviews that confuse anyone on the planet who isn’t Australian,” James Dator wrote, before explaining the Niagara Falls line as per below.

“The loss was tough. I feel like I’ve been hit in the nuts. Sorry about that.”

Dator also elaborated on: “It was quite an emotional loss, but jeez there’s a bee’s wanger it in and we’re not far off.” He explained it: “Losing was tough, but we’re close to where we need to be. The competition is so close the difference is the size of a bee’s penis.”

SB Nation actually did the rest of the world a favour, with Irish website Balls calling for an explanation after getting particularly confused over a Burke and Wills (“burkin wheels?”) reference.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/s...-1227313725870

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    We all love Cummo, but instead of expending all of this energy into trying to come up with new material after every loss this season, perhaps he could focus on 'going off like a frog in a sock'?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    I reckon he is clearly hungry for involvement - he has been coming in off his wing a lot in the last two games. I don't doubt his desire, but we aren't giving him much ball in space. I am more worried about how often he is coming infield in defence and certainly not his desire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    We all love Cummo, but instead of expending all of this energy into trying to come up with new material after every loss this season, perhaps he could focus on 'going off like a frog in a sock'?
    It's called personality. You got it or you don't. He has.

Chelmsford (UK) Race 3 No1. Dead set.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    It's called personality. You got it or you don't. He has.

Chelmsford (UK) Race 3 No1. Dead set.
    He might, but be very mindful that his stuff only works because he's the first union player to actually not babble rugby speak. It was a breath of fresh air. Now it's just a bit lame particularly after 10 straight loses.

Hasta la vista Pam