Page 148 of 149 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 144 145 146 147 148 149 LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Ben Mac was looking at either Tahs or Rebels but I think his preference was for Tahs as would be closer to his family. No idea about the others :-(

An ex-Force employee told me that upwards of 10 were going to the Rebs, plus all our coaching staff & head of athletic performance. Around 14 players have been discarded, some of whom have found placements elsewhere, some have not.

It’s a bloody disgrace!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Back to the Aus Sports Commission for a minute, I wonder how many of the mandatory governance principles the Rat’s Arse have failed to meet. The conflict of interest one for starters I’d say!!

https://www.ausport.gov.au/__data/as...ples_FINAL.pdf

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Survey complete, I now live in NSW and demand that major sponsor seek financial visibility from the ARU. The 3 things I associate with the Wallabies, Nepotism, Waratah's and Friends of Sydney Uni. I'm now also a mum who works full time with heaps of rugby age kids.

So I must be exhausted after the weekend looking after all of those little Fokkers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Ben Mac was looking at either Tahs or Rebels but I think his preference was for Tahs as would be closer to his family. No idea about the others :-(

An ex-Force employee told me that upwards of 10 were going to the Rebs, plus all our coaching staff & head of athletic performance. Around 14 players have been discarded, some of whom have found placements elsewhere, some have not.

It’s a bloody disgrace!!
    Yeah, I've heard from the horses mouth that both Adam Coleman and Matt Philip are going to the Rebels. They are signed but do not want announced just yet. Not sure why??

Again, no front of Jersey sponsor and where will all of the money come from?? After tomorrow, no business will want to touch them.

vCash
    Talking of RA sponsors, some of you may like to complete this survey about the Wallabies sponsorship!! I did and I had a field day in the free text sections!! Very good for the soul!! http://survey.confirmit.com.au/wix/2...sres=284%7C160
    Done! Surely that was just a HSBC survey only. But at least if as many of us as possible complete the survey, it will do some damage to the Warrabies brand, because God knows, it deserves to it.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I like the length of the text boxes provided on that survey. I put in quite a bit about why I assume Penfolds sponsor the Wallabies.

vCash
    My response was:

Too

Many

Waratahs

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    Yeah, I've heard from the horses mouth that both Adam Coleman and Matt Philip are going to the Rebels. They are signed but do not want announced just yet. Not sure why??

Again, no front of Jersey sponsor and where will all of the money come from?? After tomorrow, no business will want to touch them.
    Because they can't sign them until the salary cap is lifted.
    Senate announcement is Tuesday by the way.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Might be an idea for some of the Tweeters(?) among us to contact as many sports journos as possible and remind them of tomorrow's tabling of the report. I get the impression that it's either not on the radar - or they have been told not to report on it.
    As I mentioned somewhere else the findings are coming down on Tuesday or so I've been told

vCash
    In June of last year, the Australian Sports Commission produced a report on governance reform in sport. An annex to the report lists the areas that are key to good governance and says which sports organisations are doing things well. Not surprisingly, Rat’s Arse appears nowhere on that list!!
    How about "implementing voting systems whereby a minority of members are unable to vote together to create a majority of votes in a poll.

I know RA will say they've based their system upon player numbers, but they used that system to destroy their closest competitor in those stakes, therefore I think the general principle applies.

Along with the fact that NSW and QLD hold 6 out of 15 votes in an absolute majority system therefore they both have an effective power of veto as long as they can convince ANYBODY ELSE to vote with them.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Around 14 players have been discarded, some of whom have found placements elsewhere, some have not.
    It's those 14 players that I feel the most for. I just hope that there is the opportunity for them to pick up something through the IPRC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    As I mentioned somewhere else the findings are coming down on Tuesday or so I've been told
    No, it’s tomorrow afternoon (Monday). It’s on the Notice Paper for the Senate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    It's those 14 players that I feel the most for. I just hope that there is the opportunity for them to pick up something through the IPRC.
    Me too. But if the IPRC doesn’t start til March 2019, what are they to do in the meantime? Perth Spirit maybe

vCash
    Talking of RA sponsors, some of you may like to complete this survey about the Wallabies sponsorship!! I did and I had a field day in the free text sections!! Very good for the soul!!

http://survey.confirmit.com.au/wix/2...sres=284%7C160
    Haven't read further but enjoyed how much i wouldnt follow/use any of the east coast business

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    I did the survey and when asked what three things do you associate with the Wallabies:

1. The Waratahs
    2. The Sydney Morning Herald
    3. Friends of Sydney University Football Club.
    1. Sell outs
    2. Primadonnas
    3.East coast