Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: IPRC TEAM & COACH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Oh I agree that he will make an excellent captain. My chagrin is that Melbourne gets the benefit of that, not WA.

I’m afraid I still can’t move on from the anger I feel about the Melbourne Rebels reaping the benefit of what WA has sown. And I can’t bring myself to support the boys while they are dressed in Rebels kit.
    It will fall in a heap. I don't know if it has changed, the way it was if you weren't contracted but played a certain amount of Super Rugby games you are entitled to a full contract. Wessels has an army to manage.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Dunno how the Ellenbrook Rabitohs would feel about that.
    Judging by the turnout they had at their recent touch comp, I doubt they would give a RA (pun intended). The Ellenbrook Vipers might me a touched concerned about the turf invasion though

vCash
    I see Adam Coleman has been named captain of the Rebels. Another twist of the knife
    Adam who?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    They are the junior rugby (union) club in Ellenbrook - an offshoot of Perth-Bayswater

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    We can be the West Perth Force and play games at Joondalup
    Perth Nazi Killer Sex Death Hates! [/HGNelson]

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    Oh I agree that he will make an excellent captain. My chagrin is that Melbourne gets the benefit of that, not WA.

I’m afraid I still can’t move on from the anger I feel about the Melbourne Rebels reaping the benefit of what WA has sown. And I can’t bring myself to support the boys while they are dressed in Rebels kit.
    Agree 100% Alison

vCash
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...d-ng-s-1826769
    Billionaire mining magnate Andrew Forrest insists he will go ahead with his Indo Pacific Rugby Championship even if Rugby Australia don't approve it.
    Forrest has been locked in negotiations with RA for months now, with the major sticking point being around whether players who feature in the IPRC will also be eligible for Wallabies selection.
    Forrest has declared his six-team IPRC competition will go ahead one way or the other, with the start date still slated for 2019.
    "We'll either get Rugby Australia's approval, or we won't. But either way we're going to roll, and we'll be playing internationally," Forrest said.
    "This is a tournament that is waiting to happen, and will be fantastic for Australia.
    "We've had something like 250 enquiries from elite players around the world.
    "We've had endorsement from Rugby Asia. We know that World Rugby is completely on side.
    "I think we get closer every day (with getting Rugby Australia's tick).
    "I think if you have a legitimate love for the game and a legitimate interest in what's best for the players, you'll back the new tournament."
    Forrest's deep pockets could become RA's way out of its current financial mess.
    And the mining magnate showed he is more than just talk by launching a new junior rugby development program in WA on Wednesday.
    The program - dubbed the RugbyRoos - will foster future rugby talent by providing fun clinics for kids aged between four and 12 to learn the core skills of the game.
    As part of the new program, all future elite rugby players contracted to play in WA will devote 350 hours of their personal time each year to community programs like RugbyRoos.

Homeowners Are In For A Big Surprise
    Loan Dolphin Sponsored
    Forrest wants to eventually expand the RugbyRoos all over Australia to help strengthen the game.
    "Rugby starts at the grass roots, and finishes with elite. Not the other way around," Forrest said.
    "Rugby has been struggling a bit in the eastern states at a community level. The RugbyRoos is a great way to build the community spirit through rugby in the eastern states.
    "RugbyRoos is a long-term vision."
    Forrest has already resurrected the Future Force Foundation, and he's committed funds to women's rugby as well.
    New Rugby Australia chief executive Raelene Castle says the door is open for the Western Force to return to Super Rugby in 2021 after the current broadcast deal expires.
    But Forrest wants to see the Force back in action before then in his IPRC competition.
    Force players Marcel Brache and Peter Grant have reportedly signed with RugbyWA to lead the side in the National Rugby Championship.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...d-ng-s-1826769
    Billionaire mining magnate Andrew Forrest insists he will go ahead with his Indo Pacific Rugby Championship even if Rugby Australia don't approve it.
    OK, I know the article was all about the launch of RugbyRoos, and that, in itself, is newsworthy, but this morsel can't be overstated.

It's obvious that Twiggy is sick of the Rat's Arse merry-go-round and is about to move on.

What form will that take? Will he commit to an entire rebel league, or will he find some clever workaround by headquartering the organisation elsewhere (possibly even do so in name only, Andrew Cox seemingly ran the rebels for a while using a New Zealand company that had a Melbourne address, why could twiggy not get Jack Ma to set up the organisational structure as a Chinese company and headquarter it all at rugby house?)

Whichever way it goes, I hope to hell Cameron Clyne isn't rounded up by ASIC too quickly, because nothing would be sweeter than watching him chew on nails when he gets his comeuppance.

C'mon the

vCash
    Great news-onya Twiggy. Taking contrôle &telling em to shove it. Guaranteed when IPRC has top players in the comp, Cheika (or whoever is Wallaby coach) will be desperate for talent to replace those over rated Tahs echo think they’re irreplaceable!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    As I asked on another thread, what would such a move mean for RugbyWA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    As I asked on another thread, what would such a move mean for RugbyWA?
    The two organisations are unrelated are they not. Generally work towards the same goal hopefully but RugbyWA is focused on club rugby alone.

Twiggy will be looking at the Professional game and whatever comes from that. So I would think the AusKick style initiative would be unrelated to RugbyWA per say but there will be off-flows there and encouragement to join RugbyWA run sides.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    The two organisations are unrelated are they not. Generally work towards the same goal hopefully but RugbyWA is focused on club rugby alone.

Twiggy will be looking at the Professional game and whatever comes from that. So I would think the AusKick style initiative would be unrelated to RugbyWA per say but there will be off-flows there and encouragement to join RugbyWA run sides.
    One potential issue - would players in a rebel IPRC be allowed to play in an establishment NRC, or would that mean a divorce between the two squads (not to mention the two organisations)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    One potential issue - would players in a rebel IPRC be allowed to play in an establishment NRC, or would that mean a divorce between the two squads (not to mention the two organisations)?
    I'd be interested to know if that excellent question was put to Raelene while she was in the West......

vCash
    Wasn’t asked in the meeting I was in, Andrew. But she had a gazillion meetings when she was here so maybe it came up in one of those. Dunno.

I wonder which jurisdiction she is listening to this week...

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post

The RugbyRoos website says that the program will be delivered by RugbyWA development officers and direction towards their nearest clubs.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast