Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Australian Team of the week

vCash
    Poor Huxley, gets over cancer then has to put up with crap like that.

I hope he does go the rebels, even if they play Cip at flyhalf it'll be better than Gitaeu.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Fly halfs had a horrible job in that weather, they were never going to look good. Even the kicking games were bad to watch. The disallowed try was 50/50, it would of been nice if they gave it though for a better game.

Anyway, Reds vs Brumbies next week should have some better attacking rugby. Giteau vs Cooper.

vCash
    i was just looking at the table and realised that if the Brumbies lose all three of their last games and dont pick up any bonus points and the Force win all theirs with 2 bonus points we can pip them

now theres a pie in the sky incentive

Champion
    vCash
    As the fox bros said ,,, these guys should of watch the Force and Reds game and learnt what attacking rugby is all about.......... Great to see the Brumbies beaten cocky bunch of stars... they also said too many Chiefs not enough Indians in the Brumbies team..........

Veteran
    vCash
    i dont think AAC should have been given the try, you can see him crawling along on his knees before being pushed over the line... double movement...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    My opinion on the AAC try is that it was, his momentum and that of the tacklers were always going to carry him over the line, the only doubt is in him cocking his arm to carry it that bit further (which wasn't even required in the end) and his placement which wasn't in doubt. They woz robbed.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Hollies was going to snot Walsh......... fair enough too..... the ref's are hitlers....stuffing up a good game.... why do they reset a scrun when the ball is at the number 8's feet has got me stuffed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    i was just looking at the table and realised that if the Brumbies lose all three of their last games and dont pick up any bonus points and the Force win all theirs with 2 bonus points we can pip them

now theres a pie in the sky incentive
    Is Mudskipper banned again or just too miserable to show up after the comitee's performances? If the above comes to be and he's banned I vote to let him back on.

At least until he stuffs up again - which is as sure as tomorrow's sunrise.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    If I were a Brumbies fan, I'd be out for Steve Walsh's blood. He's such an egotist - if you challenge his decisions he takes it personally and punishes you the rest of the game. Always has been, and always will be, a prima donna.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    i dont think AAC should have been given the try, you can see him crawling along on his knees before being pushed over the line... double movement...
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    My opinion on the AAC try is that it was, his momentum and that of the tacklers were always going to carry him over the line, the only doubt is in him cocking his arm to carry it that bit further (which wasn't even required in the end) and his placement which wasn't in doubt. They woz robbed.
    I remember a similar try given in recent weeks, where I called it tackled short of the line and many others (Burgs included) called it OK.......

I'm not perpetuating that argument, simply stating that the circumstances were pretty much identical, Burgs and I have made consistent, differing calls on both (I thought Walsh was on the money with AAC) but where is the cosistency in Reffing. We should be able to expect the same call in the same situation, but that hasn't happened.

Either allow neither or allow both!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Nothing is identical in Rugby Gigs
    I'm comfortable with my call on both.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    the only reason i would dissalow the try is because the "tackler" is required to let go of the player once the tackle occours, so if the ref thought the tahs players let him go which allowed him to cross the line that is fair enough. I think he said they can't go to the TMO for anything outside the in goal so there is no one to blame for the try being dissalowed really.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    But surely the tackle is still occuring while the players are in motion, there was no break in movement.

ECKY!!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    That is true, it should of been a try, because a tackle never actually occoured. But from the refs view, it could of looked like the players came to a hault, and considering he only had 1 look and couldn't use the TMO you can't blame them really. You just have to score the trys more convincingly i guess.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I remember a similar try given in recent weeks, where I called it tackled short of the line and many others (Burgs included) called it OK.......

I'm not perpetuating that argument, simply stating that the circumstances were pretty much identical, Burgs and I have made consistent, differing calls on both (I thought Walsh was on the money with AAC) but where is the cosistency in Reffing. We should be able to expect the same call in the same situation, but that hasn't happened.

Either allow neither or allow both!
    You can watch the two side-by-side at:
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...rom=public_rss at about 1:00 minute, and
    at about 2:30 minutes.

Of the two, I would have said AAC was the more hard done by, but only because it would normally have gone unnoticed. I personally don't think either were legitimate tries - neither player got there under the momentum of the tackle alone; both were definitively tackled, held the ball, got up onto their knees and pushed forward. It is playing the ball on the ground. I would also have said that both were in the act of scoring, so I don't see any reason why the TMO couldn't be consulted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast