Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force Appeal Dismissed

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Getting the IP back should not be an issue. $800 000 is pocket money for Twiggy.
    That does not represent fair and reasonable cost at this stage. $1 sounds fair. As far as the ARU are concerned the Force are no more so all cost will be written off.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Prospect
    vCash
    Wallabies wearing blue armbands on Saturday night?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Hansie and John, you must be feeling lousy at the moment. Understandable but you are not to blame. You accepted in good faith the assurances made by the ARU about the benefits of the Alliance Agreement. I respect you for seeking a better way forward. It is now clear you were deceived and I have nothing but contempt for those who deceived you. Their treachery will be their legacy.

Keep the fight going, not necessarily for reinstatement in Super Rugby (which has a stench of death in any case) but to ensure no other sporting body in this country ever has to endure such deception and betrayal from a national body.
    Very well said Steve. It is now clear we were hoodwinked by people with an agenda to get rid of the Force at all costs.

They pretended to be our friend; gained our trust by telling us the lie that we were the first cab off the rank for this new 'centralisation' policy that they would be rolling out to all 5 of the franchises; threw us off the scent by giving us access to their "high performance unit" and by sending Billy Meakes our way for a couple of years; all the while plotting our demise and colluding with the VRU and Cox to ensure our fate was well and truly sealed.

Hansie and John - you and your fellow RugbyWA board members are gentlemen of honour who took the ARU at their word, thinking that they too were gentlemen of honour. That those men from the east have since turned out to be lying, cheating, deceitful men of no honour whatsoever is on THEM not you.

Like others on here, I would like to thank you both for everything you have done and are continuing to do for rugby in WA. You have worked tirelessly for us all and we will always be eternally grateful to you for that.

Long live rugby in WA!!

11 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Getting the IP back should not be an issue. $800 000 is pocket money for Twiggy.
    Got to disagree on the $800k kalahard....$1 is the going rate for super franchises. However they have "discontinued" the Western Force, so it should now be free

I don't think RugbyWA took them at their word, I believe they were mighty upset and suspicious at the ARU rewording (now pertinent) parts of the Alliance Agreement, but couldn't do nowt. The actual rewording... difference between RugbyWA original and ARU ammended...would give great insight into just how disingenuous the ARU were.

Billy came from Gloucestershire, not a young bloke from the HPU

Last edited by sittingbison; 05-09-17 at 11:20.
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Senior Player
    vCash
    I reckon Hodgo is the shoe in for the head of the players association for the new comp. RUPA are a deadset waste of space. Fuck the lot of them.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sams excite

A day to celebrate

This will be known in years to come as the greatest mistake the ARU ever made. It may even lead to their demise. Rugby has needed a face lift for a long time and now Western Australia is going to lead that way. The strength of the Force is not just limited to the depth of Andrew forrest pockets. It is supported by the most passionate supporter base in Australian rugby (all supported by stats), the time zone held in Western Australia and grass roots approach in the west to developing the game. I don't doubt that with many proud Force players staying in the west there will be some who must move on to care for their families. The biggest oversight of the ARU is that for every player lost there is a player waiting to step up in WA. Ask yourself how many of the 2016 playing list of the Force were know to the east coast 2014? That depth runs deep and the quality continues to grow. Today is not a day to mourn the loss of the Force. It is a day to celebrate the strength of WA rugby moving forward. If you are someone who wishes to mourn, mourn the loss of the ARU. There is only one loser in this decision and it is not WA. For 140 days I have worn a frown of frustration and anger, today I wear a smile of excitement. I havn't played rugby in years but cant wait for next season so I can sign up in WA.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    We need to take this to the high court, the ARU can't be allowed to get away with what they have done. We need to keep the pressure up on State and Federal pollies to get a inquiry going!
    High court and senate inquiry for sure, but I'm not sure, given Twiggy's announcement that I want to share the tomb with the other deluded participants of Super Rugby. Win the license back and then sell it to them for an exorbitant amount so they can have their three team comp.

Use the funds to retain the best coach in the land and as many of the best players who can hold out until the end of the process.

Fill the remainder of the organisation with the castoffs from the other teams when they suddenly realise that they don't have room for them.

The Tahs and the Reds will continue to suck balls, it's plain that they have every player they want, the issue isn't player depth it's shithouse attitude.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sams excite View Post
    This will be known in years to come as the greatest mistake the ARU ever made. It may even lead to their demise. Rugby has needed a face lift for a long time and now Western Australia is going to lead that way. The strength of the Force is not just limited to the depth of Andrew forrest pockets. It is supported by the most passionate supporter base in Australian rugby (all supported by stats), the time zone held in Western Australia and grass roots approach in the west to developing the game. I don't doubt that with many proud Force players staying in the west there will be some who must move on to care for their families. The biggest oversight of the ARU is that for every player lost there is a player waiting to step up in WA. Ask yourself how many of the 2016 playing list of the Force were know to the east coast 2014? That depth runs deep and the quality continues to grow. Today is not a day to mourn the loss of the Force. It is a day to celebrate the strength of WA rugby moving forward. If you are someone who wishes to mourn, mourn the loss of the ARU. There is only one loser in this decision and it is not WA. For 140 days I have worn a frown of frustration and anger, today I wear a smile of excitement. I havn't played rugby in years but cant wait for next season so I can sign up in WA.
    Well said Sam, feel free to sign up on TWF while you wait, I think you would fit right in

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    I hope no one from Rugby WA is going to sit with Pulver or Clyne at this game and entertain them as hosts.

Should be.....there's your corporate box, the Esky is in the corner, pies and napkins on the table. Call us if you need some sauce **

** there is no obligation for Rugby WA to provide the ARU with "sauce" under the terms of the Alliance Agreement"
    make the sauce superhot spicy chilli sauce with lots of garlic in it

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    as twiggy and hodgo said the must important job is to keep our identity should be a good night sat. wearing my blue again and looking forward to a new dawn

Apprentice
    vCash
    12 minutes into the game we should all stand and turn our backs to the game for at least 5mins in protest to ARU. Scum bags

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    The gate that Cameron Clyne is most likely to enter through.
    Clyne is an unwanted and tainted product!

May the FORCE be with you!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    What I can't work out and haven't heard articulated, ARU have committed to honouring all contracts and reassigning Force players who wish to continue (or words to similar affect), yet all other franchise rosters are full or virtually full.
    So do existing fringe players at other franchise's get chopped to accommodate the better Force players (And, if so, do those displaced players just get left to head overseas?), or will Squads be over-allocated for a year or two until natural attrition brings numbers back into line?

1. I believe it would be a fantastic use of some of Twiggy's $50m to retain as many as possible of the current players and staff on the Minderoo payroll (Surely can find a way to claim as a charitable act...), firstly upskilling them for life after Rugby and secondly getting 6-12 months expert playing and coaching into WA community clubs to help widen and thicken the local foundations.

2. I believe the reallocation of players offer was made to act as a defence against any Worksafe type claims that have been suggested elsewhere as the ARU can say, 'Well, we offered the option to relocate but they turned it down..."

3. Probably all moot as #indopacificXV is going to kick arse and bring the best players anyway

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    make the sauce superhot spicy chilli sauce with lots of garlic in it
    If I was going to lace the sauce it wouldn't be those ingredients that come to mind...

Pot cookies anyone...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Got to disagree on the $800k kalahard....$1 is the going rate for super franchises. However they have "discontinued" the Western Force, so it should now be free

I don't think RugbyWA took them at their word, I believe they were mighty upset and suspicious at the ARU rewording (now pertinent) parts of the Alliance Agreement, but couldn't do nowt. The actual rewording... difference between RugbyWA original and ARU ammended...would give great insight into just how disingenuous the ARU were.

Billy came from Gloucestershire, not a young bloke from the HPU
    I know Billy came from the Aviva but he had expressed an interest about coming back to Oz and into SuperRugby and the ARU facilitated that as part of their 'wolf in sheep's clothing' charade.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast