Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Peter FitzSimons calling for unity...

Prospect
    vCash

Peter FitzSimons calling for unity...

I would like to share something with you
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/what-rugby-union-needs-most-right-now-is-unity-not-an-uncivil-war-20170906-gyc0wg.html

His dear Waratahs have better chance with more talent... Wessels?

Same NSW centric bullshit that got us here

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Prospect
    vCash
    The trouble with Mr Fitzsimon's argument is that the ARU will not take a dollar of Andrew's money, nor will they entertain a merger really.

Player
    vCash
    You listen to grown man wearing a red tea towel? Fitzsimian.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    No, the trouble with Mr fitzsimons argument is that it is backed up by exactly zero cogent thought.

Can't name five teams in the indo-pacific region.

We'll people have been doing it for weeks, but I'll have a crack.

Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, the 14 professional teams playing in Japan, Korea (south and for the jokes terse north)

Is that 5?

The Force players won't stay around for the comp? Well according to recent reports the last thing they will do is play for the rebwls

So what are they going to do?

A merger between the eels and the force, funded by Twiggys infamous 50 mill?

I wouldn't go to the games on principle now, and I would think Twiggys money is firmly off the table anyhow.

I agree that Australian Rugby can't afford a costly civil war. The problem is, the ARU are the ones who are broke and they've started a war with the 6th richest man in the country. They don't have the huevos to roll with him and they don't have the common sense to apologise.

Peter Fitzsimons helps nothing by spouting the ignorance of a man who gets his information from the Daily Telegraph

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    You listen to grown man wearing a red tea towel? Fitzsimian.
    The idiot is just a NSW flog

vCash
    In his own book, his own words, he describes how he wrongly attacked certain players in "The Rugby War"

Well Fitz where the fuck was your call for unity when the ARU wanted to kill off a State... oh wait you also when it comes ro rugby in Aus cant look past NSW let alone Sydney.

It doesnt have to be in competition but complimentary to Aus Rugby. You know WA 3rd highest playing base in Australia. (Hint its near where the batavia sunk)

Pull your head out of your arse.

vCash
    Knob.

vCash
    Peter Fitzsimmons did his best work on the original Back Page hosted by the great Mike Gibson. Week after week Fitzsimons tried to dominate the discussion, talking over guest panelists, spouting his opinions on anything and everything he knew bugger all about then eventually turning the topic to Rugby. But the highlight was always watching Gibbo's wry smile as Billy Bermingham relentlessly took the piss. All the while with Fitzsimmons being so busy thinking what to interrupt with next, that it all flew well over his big head. Great entertainment.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "My view is that in the face of a documented disaster looming, the board of the ARU simply had to prune a Super Rugby franchise and after going through all the figures came to the highly reluctant conclusion that the Force were the one*who had to go."

Seriously, the man cannot be that naïve????

"The ARU, urgently, must look again at a Rebels/Force merger, to be named, yes, as I've previously floated, "the Rebel Force",*but here's the kicker. All of NSW, Queensland and Brumbies would – for the good of rugby – agree to cede their home games to the new team, meaning that both Perth and Melbourne could have half-a-dozen home games each..."

Ohh... he is!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    No, the trouble with Mr fitzsimons argument is that it is backed up by exactly zero cogent thought.

Can't name five teams in the indo-pacific region.
    It's just that Aussie Pete doesn't recognize the non-colonial inhabitants of the indo - pacific region, what with Kokoda, and the fall of Singapore, aaaaargh the flashbacks, it's Malaya all over again. After this breathless announcement Fitzsimons stumbled into the ARU, mortally wounded - his last words - Light Blue jumper good, dark blue jumper baad, got to stop them - shute shield, it's the only waaay, his red doilie fell off his head, revealing the remnants of 20 or so botched plug transplants, a tattood map showing the way to Coogee Oval, and the massive spreadsheet everyone had been looking for.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Fitzy would be calling for unity and handing out a bouquet even as the enemy were throwing grenades at him

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    He's big noting, condescending and uninformed. I hope Twiggy gives him the boot on the life story project.

Champion
    vCash
    https://youtu.be/toAEQTsidvg

To commemorate Fitzys Unity with the French National Team.

https://youtu.be/ft5DV9Eic4U

Fitzsimons contribution to Rugby.

Last edited by Kalahard; 07-09-17 at 07:23.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggby View Post
    Australian rugby, let alone Australian Rugby, just can't afford it.
    I'm a bit fed up with a few people in suits from NSW dictating what's best for "Australian Rugby". What Twiggy is proposing is far bigger than just Australian Rugby, it's for the good of the game for the whole region and indeed internationally. It is what's needed, and the idea of incorporating women's rugby and sevens as a package deal is just brilliant, and future proofing the game.

This is all far bigger than the traditional narrow minded approach, which quite frankly is no longer acceptable and needs to change.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    I'm a bit fed up with a few people in suits from Sydney dictating what's best for "Australian Rugby". What Twiggy is proposing is far bigger than just Australian Rugby, it's for the good of the game for the whole region and indeed internationally. It is what's needed, and the idea of incorporating women's rugby and sevens as a package deal is just brilliant, and future proofing the game.

This is all far bigger than the traditional narrow minded approach, which quite frankly is no longer acceptable and needs to change.
    Fixed it for you chrisk, no charge

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast