Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Western Force Appeal Dismissed

vCash
    Same for me on train from JBs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Filled up with fuel today, wearing my Force guernsey walking from the bowser to the cash register two people stopped me just to say how terrible they felt about the Force being axed. Completely out of the blue, neither of them known to me.

Reinforced for me how much support there is in the WA public and how important the media coverage of the situation has been for awareness of the issue in WA. Great to see how many people do care and recognise the injustice done to the Force. Let's hope it can help us transition successfully to a new competition.
    I've had that on several occasions since the ARU first announced they were going to wind us up in August. Even my neighbors who are AFL people and don't know much about Rugby are outraged at the ARU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I've had that on several occasions since the ARU first announced they were going to wind us up in August. Even my neighbors who are AFL people and don't know much about Rugby are outraged at the ARU.
    And as I mentioned I had several people come and talk to me the other week when kel & I were walking her terroist beagle along south bank in Brisbane the other week

vCash
    Have been out of range. This is fucking unbelievable. More to come from Petalz after some rest.

vCash
    My friend in Grafton on the NSW north coast has been getting the same.

Apprentice
    vCash
    So I am guessing there will be no more court action? Twiggy mentioned a High Court appeal, but the fact that staff are now being sacked makes me think no...

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Just hit Ceduna and have had Force gear on since we left on Saturday. Positive comments all the way across from complete strangers. Our story is well know!

BTW - 105 for the Nullarbor Links, sensational way to do the crossing if you get a chance

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Just hit Ceduna and have had Force gear on since we left on Saturday. Positive comments all the way across from complete strangers. Our story is well know!

BTW - 105 for the Nullarbor Links, sensational way to do the crossing if you get a chance
    I forget what the par score for the Nullarbor links is?

vCash
    What will happen to the Force Super 20's team - are they dropped too?

Champion
    vCash
    Great job Andrew. I've liked what you wrote on Facebook not sure if it will help but maybe a few likes will help a few more people to see it..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacman82 View Post
    So I am guessing there will be no more court action? Twiggy mentioned a High Court appeal, but the fact that staff are now being sacked makes me think no...
    I really wish they would go on with, but I suppose they are thinking why throw good money after bad. It's a shame though, come February next year, to have no Force games to look forward to.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    sorry couldnt find the facebook link mentioned above? please help

Senior Player
    vCash

Rumour, gossip and hearsay

This past few weeks I've had conversations with links in Sydney who include old rugby mates from the North Shore. They are still involved in Club Rugby, a couple have involvement with the NSWRU and none of them are friends of the "St Leonards Rodeo", although they do talk to people in the ARU sometimes.
    Comments made:
    1. There are people in NSW rugby circles who are dismayed by the way that the ARU has handled the culling of the Western Force - unfair, insensitive, unnecessarily confrontational, vindictive, etc.
    2. The ARU was focussed only on removing the Force, no thought or planning was given to what happens to rugby in WA after the Force is gone.
    3. A couple said the ARU's present cuddling up to Twiggy Forrest over the IPRC is a diversionary tactic by the ARU. The IPRC won't go anywhere with the current ARU. Expected outcome is both parties walking away and accusing the other of bad faith and of not compromising. The ARU is worth bugger all, said one mate - Twiggy should buy it.

All of the above is rumour and gossip.

A side comment by one of them who does business in QLD - the Queenslanders are totally pissed off with the ARU over the Genia episode.

vCash
    Point No. 2 is becoming more glaringly obvious by the day. And it doesn't just apply to WA. They gave no thought as to how 5 goes into 4 player-wise. By creaming off our best players, each 'creamer' was bound to end up with a higher salary bill as cheaper guys would make way for the better guys. Surely that's how the standard is supposed to improve, no?! Yet the ARU appears not to have factored that in anywhere.

Re Genia - are they pissed off because they couldn't get him back to the Reds or that he's back at all??

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Re Genia - are they pissed off because they couldn't get him back to the Reds or that he's back at all??
    I would imagine the Qld Reds expected to be able to sign Genia and have the ARU foot the bill once they told them they couldn't afford to actually pay him themselves.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast