Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies lock Kane Douglas is desperate to return home to Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Wallabies lock Kane Douglas is desperate to return home to Australian rugby

Jim Morton
    AAP
    July 10, 2015 11:27AM

DUBLIN-based Wallabies forward Kane Douglas, a potential key World Cup inclusion, is desperate to break his Irish club contract to return home for family reasons.

Douglas has spoken to Leinster club officials about sorting out an agreement for him to return to Australia to be with his family as soon as possible.

The 26-year-old former NSW Waratahs lock is seeking an early compassionate release from his deal with Leinster — which runs for another two seasons — after struggling to settle in the Irish capital.

Douglas’s mother Trish passed away in 2013 while his girlfriend is pregnant with the couple’s first child.

He wants to play with the Queensland Reds in Super Rugby next season to be closer to his father and brother Luke, who plays NRL for the Gold Coast Titans, as well as his partner’s family.

“There are a few things going on at home that I need to be there for,” the 14-Test second-rower said in a statement from Dublin.

“I didn’t think it would be this tough to be away from it all and I hope I can get back home real soon.

“It’s been a good time but also tough here and I have spoken to the club about what’s going on with my family and I have made it pretty clear that I want to get it sorted.”

Douglas left Australia last year as Australia’s form lock and his then NSW coach, Michael Cheika, didn’t believe the Australian Rugby Union did enough to keep him.

Now Wallabies coach, Cheika’s frustrations linger as the hard-hitting 202cm, 123kg second-rower would well be in the thick of a starting role at this year’s World Cup, kicking off in England in September, if available.

Douglas must be signed to an Australian Super Rugby franchise to be eligible for the Wallabies at the World Cup.

It’s understood former ARU high-performance manager David Nucifora, now working for the Irish Rugby Football Union, is pressuring Leinster not to release Douglas without a huge compensation deal.

The ARU have already rejected Leinster’s request of $370,000 for a release.

The timing of the tug of war is also interesting as Douglas would need some time playing for the Wallabies before the World Cup to ensure his selection.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wa...-1227436601167

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    pretty easy mate...

Go see your bank, take out a personal loan and transfer it to Leinster. You are an adult. Don't expect someone else to (literally) pay for the consequences of your actions.
    either man up or f**k off. If you're not willing to pay you cant want it bad enough.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jono; 10-07-15 at 13:39.

vCash
    As Jono says! Welcome to the real world.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    FFS - What's with these guys who can't honour agreements and act like bloody babies, then expect someone to step in and sort it out for them. Gen Y FWits!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    It's OK the ARU will find the money, coz he wants to play for the Reds.
    Just like Folau it won't count as part of the salary cap either probably, so it won't effect the Reds ability to keep their stars.

Nothing Unusual about this scenario as the ARU only really support 2 1/2 Super Rugby Franchises in Australia coz thats how you grow the game according to those short sighted fools.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Could not agree more with Jono, 100% correct.

Reds got how much last year to help get Hunt and JOC over the line and now they want how much for Cooper, Genia and Douglas, additional fees besides what their salaries would be.

This is too much for me.......

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Jeez you lot are hard. Where's your compassion?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Could not agree more with Jono, 100% correct.

Reds got how much last year to help get Hunt and JOC over the line and now they want how much for Cooper, Genia and Douglas, additional fees besides what their salaries would be.

This is too much for me.......
    KHunt is a "convert" and JOC was a "returning Wallaby" in the rules so only a fraction goes into salary cap!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Weak as piss. What's with these guys breaking contracts when it gets a bit tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Jeez you lot are hard. Where's your compassion?
    The compassion will come when the same sort of generosity is shown towards a player who is looking to sign for the Force.

Or shortly after hell freezes over which is far sooner in my estimation.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    This yrs headlines again

""Western force send ARU broke ""
    Western Force rugby has asked the ARU for $10 bucks to help secure a player and ARU inform them that if they give The Force the $10 it will send them to the wall as it the last $10 left in the purse..

The ARU fail to tell everyone they spent the previous $ 5illion on idiots contract releases...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Maybe we should join our neighbours and become a South African team with their rules and regs! We could then get money from the aru for Benny Mc and sound bites from the Badge!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Saw a bunch of blokes at the Cricket last night in yellow shirts and wigs with Honey Badger Army written on them.

The ARU should be getting the Badger released from his deal in Japan even if costs them and arm and a leg, he's getting the code some sorely needed attention in Autsralia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    pretty easy mate...

Go see your bank, take out a personal loan and transfer it to Leinster. You are an adult. Don't expect someone else to (literally) pay for the consequences of your actions.
    either man up or f**k off. If you're not willing to pay you cant want it bad enough.
    Well said Jono!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Saw a bunch of blokes at the Cricket last night in yellow shirts and wigs with Honey Badger Army written on them.

The ARU should be getting the Badger released from his deal in Japan even if costs them and arm and a leg, he's getting the code some sorely needed attention in Autsralia.
    Yep! Even the cricket commentators knew who he was! The ARU should use him on all their marketing and advertising instead of Folau and Hooper!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast