Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Player Contracts

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    He's spent more time in WA than Vic...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Who's the source?
    Melbourne Rebels CEO via Twitter is the source where I saw the news.

vCash
    On the Rebels website:

Wallaby prop Tetera Faulkner will return home after he signed with the Melbourne Rebels for the 2018 and 2019 Vodafone Super Rugby seasons.

The 29-year-old front rower returns to Melbourne after seven years and 70 Super Rugby appearances with the Western Force, including all 15 games of the 2017 season.

“Tetera is a quality player and person who will bring experience, consistency and strong values to the Rebels,” Melbourne Rebels CEO Baden Stephenson said.

Rebels website

Sad but true. I doubt it has any bearing of the imminent decision as contract would have been signed yesterday at the latest which was prior to known result. Having got so close to decision time he must have really wanted to go back rather than holding out an extra day or two. We have to respect his decision and thank him for his services and efforts over the seven years with us.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    How longt is it since Pandarum said half our squad has agreed to terms with the Rebels - IF THE FORCE ARE AXED ?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    From rugby.com.au

Thanks for your time here Tetera.

by Sam Phillips
    The Rebels are bringing a Melbourne boy home, with Tetera Faulkner signing with the club until the end of 2019.

Faulkner, who was born in New Zealand before moving to Melbourne as a 13-year-old, leaves the Force after seven years with the club - a stint that started as injury cover in 2011.

Rebels CEO Baden Stephenson revealed the signing on Melbourne radio station RSN this morning and was brimming with excitement at the prospect of bringing a Wallaby back to Melbourne.

"Tetera is a quality player and person who will bring experience, consistency and strong values to the Rebels,” Stephenson said.

“It is great to bring a Melbourne player home to represent the Rebels in front of so many family, friends and teammates that he grew up with.

Faulkner's career sprouted as a schoolboy in Melbourne, as he pulled on Australian Schoolboys colours in 2006, an Australian U19s jersey in 2007 and represented the Australian U20s in 2008 prior to joining the Force in 2011.

To return to the city where it all started was an opportunity the 29-year-old couldn't pass up.

“I’m looking forward to the opportunity to continue my rugby career back in Melbourne, a city that I hold dear to me,” Faulkner said.

“After getting my first big break with the Schoolboys in Melbourne, it feels like I’ve come a full circle so I’m excited to return home and contribute to the exciting future of the Melbourne Rebels and Victorian rugby.”

A member of Michael Cheika's Bledisloe Cup squad, Faulkner will make the move to Melbourne in November.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Good luck tets. If things don't turn out the way you want always welcome back.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    let's hope we get the chance to give him a deserving farewell

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    let's hope we get the chance to give him a deserving farewell
    What, like a two fingered salute at the airport?

Very poor timing to cut and run. How could he look his teammates in the eye at rugby wa today?

He'd be red faced if the Rebels are chopped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    He'd be red faced if the Rebels are chopped.
    All part of his cunning plan. Rebels will be paying him through the nose I am sure, when the Rebs are cut he will choose to come back to the Force with a bigger pay packet covered by the ARU.

Done.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    The guy has 3 kids and another one on the way, he had to prioritise his families future first and foremost, good luck to him.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    He has given us nothing but his best over the years, always had time for a quick chat and very humble, left nothing on the field over the years.

He was a loyal servant for a long time and was the face the The West used to show what this attempted cut was doing to a simple down to earth rugby player.

As Westies has said he has had to make a decision based on family circumstances so we need to be respectful and understandable and thank him for having held out for so long.

I suspect that the Wallaby call up added additional value to his contract and he rightly accepted.

Thank you Tet and best of luck going forward

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    All part of his cunning plan. Rebels will be paying him through the nose I am sure, when the Rebs are cut he will choose to come back to the Force with a bigger pay packet covered by the ARU.

Done.
    Thinking the same thing BLR

Jermaine's form probably entered into the equation as well. Toby Smith was able to lock down a solid starting spot fro the Rebs and we all know how Tets stacks up in that contest.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    While I hope the Force survive, if not I hope TPN and Coleman go overseas for the next two years. That will stuff the ARU!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    While I hope the Force survive, if not I hope TPN and Coleman go overseas for the next two years. That will stuff the ARU!!
    TPN was looking at going overseas anyway before last season. He'd fit into the Giteau rule allowing him to continue playing for the Wallabies without a Super Rugby contract.

Coleman and DHP are in a different boat. Both are still at the start of their Wallaby careers, so I wouldn't begrudge them playing for one of the other SR sides (although I'd prefer it not be for the Tahs).

Seeing as the Sunwolves would be in the Australian conference, I think Australian players playing for them should still be Wallaby eligible, and I'd love a number of Force guys to head north. Surely SANZAAR couldn't begrudge them that, as I'm sure they don't want the Sunwolves to become easy-beats, would they?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    TPN was looking at going overseas anyway before last season. He'd fit into the Giteau rule allowing him to continue playing for the Wallabies without a Super Rugby contract.

Coleman and DHP are in a different boat. Both are still at the start of their Wallaby careers, so I wouldn't begrudge them playing for one of the other SR sides (although I'd prefer it not be for the Tahs).

Seeing as the Sunwolves would be in the Australian conference, I think Australian players playing for them should still be Wallaby eligible, and I'd love a number of Force guys to head north. Surely SANZAAR couldn't begrudge them that, as I'm sure they don't want the Sunwolves to become easy-beats, would they?
    Seeing that the turds have just signed Simmons does that mean that AC might not have a home if the Force is axed or do the turds know something we don't?

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast