Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter from our Chairman - Tony Howarth AO - Regarding our Battle.

Rookie
    vCash
    Was this letter sent out by email, or is it on the WF website?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    This edition only posted here. Exclusive to TWF.

FYI - This past week our legal and admin team have been burning the midnight oil in preparation for their travel to Sydney on the weekend. So some questions to myself or on this forum, may take a few days to be answered.

vCash
    Not a question but a statement Hansie, Thanks for your efforts, please pass on to the team our appreciation and wish them luck on our behalf.

If it looks like we won't be winning, please let them know we would like them to nuke the entire planet rather than surrender meekly.

I'm sure I talk for every rugby supporter in WA (With the possible exception of Darkness and Sevenmile, who might disagree just because I am the one who said it)

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Can you tell us how the money raising is going Hansie? All the best to the legal team and hoping for the best 😊

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

FYI - This past week our legal and admin team have been burning the midnight oil in preparation for their travel to Sydney on the weekend. So some questions to myself or on this forum, may take a few days to be answered.
    Best of luck thanks to the legals, but sure they've got everything well and truly covered. Do they want to take some stickers with them?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

Hope you are able to go to the Awards night before you set off for enemy territory Hans!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

If it looks like we won't be winning, please let them know we would like them to nuke the entire planet rather than surrender meekly.
    Or they could just borrow an Alludium Q32 Exploding Space Modulator.

Last edited by shasta; 27-07-17 at 15:09.

vCash
    Well let's hope that whomever is cut, at the very least it's announced as just a moratorium for a season or two. They cannot kill off the game like that permanently in a developing expansion area and think it's in the best interests of Australian rugby. It's daft.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    Yes I read that and am now feeling a bit less positive. He has such a closed mind on this. Why not concentrate on all the players leaving oz. I was also wondering if Andrew Forest sponsors the wallabies and if said financial support depends on our survival that means nothing either? If we do go I am looking forward to not caring one bit about what this man says or thinks forever more 😳

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    As the head of rugby in Australia his total lack of empathy towards the players he represents is astounding.

He has lost his moral compass if he ever had one.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    He also said "we’re quite capable of beating New Zealand" so clearly delusional

My extremely limited understand of Law is getting out of a contract by altering the foundation is not acting in good faith. Pinning their hopes on the "new" agreement superceding the signed contract is fraught, and the act of a grub and charlatan. Try running something like that past the bank with your mortgage and see how you go.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    On behalf of your board and our Legal team, I am sincerely grateful for your good wishes. I have no doubt General will agree with me when I suggest if you could pen a communication direct to our legal team expressing your appreciation. Dean Hely is Managing Partner at Lavan and also a member of your board. I am sure if you google Lavan you will find the appropriate e-mail address, or alternatively send it through to RugbyWA to pass on to Dean.

To say our legal team have burning the midnight oil would be an understatement. They have corresponded with us at all hours and on all days including weekends and valuable family time.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Yes I read that and am now feeling a bit less positive. He has such a closed mind on this. Why not concentrate on all the players leaving oz. I was also wondering if Andrew Forest sponsors the wallabies and if said financial support depends on our survival that means nothing either? If we do go I am looking forward to not caring one bit about what this man says or thinks forever more 😳
    That's the talk of a man cornered. Why will Cox selling his licence to the VRU assure their survival?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    That's the talk of a man cornered. Why will Cox selling his licence to the VRU assure their survival?
    I also was thinking the same thing. How does the sale of the Rebels license to the VRU ensure their survival?

I'd also like to extend my gratitude and thanks to the legal team in their work in trying to save the Force. Is the arbitration set up for just one day or is it to take up the majority of the week? When do we get to hear the decision?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast