Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SANZAR Meeting

Rookie
    vCash
    That's exactly right. Well just keep pushing our programmes. A very encouraging shift today was the ARU posting our progress on their website along with the squad update. Could mean they are starting to beleive as well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    That's exactly right. Well just keep pushing our programmes. A very encouraging shift today was the ARU posting our progress on their website along with the squad update. Could mean they are starting to beleive as well.
    http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/11...d-announcement

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Rookie
    vCash
    The decision to delay was made unilaterally by the Sanzar members. However we are feeling that the ARU's view is moving away from supporting a 4 Club model. We are having a real impact on their thinking and they are genuinely becoming excited about what we have achieved by the unity we seem to be building in WA. All good.on another note, Pulver responded to RWA after receiving Exile's Fan Petition saying how impressed they were and checking that we were communicating with all the fans who signed up.
    Let's keep trucking and communicating.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Or South Africa giving up two teams

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emu View Post
    Or South Africa giving up two teams
    If south Africa lose even one team, they lose their "bes cripple into the grand final" conference. I can't see that happening without a fight

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    If Fiji have the money to field a team then they should drop Argentina and set up Fiji.

6 South African
    5 Australian + Sunwolves
    5 NZ + Fiji

Easier to follow with more games in a timezone more friendly to 2 of the 3 conferences. Argentina can play Super Rugby Americas vs USA, Can, Uruguay, Chile etc in a timezone more friendly to its followers. Sunwolves stay in to keep a foot in the Asian markets. 2 time slots on Friday, 5/6 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday. Easier to understand conferences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    6000 pledges according to that article!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    If Fiji have the money to field a team then they should drop Argentina and set up Fiji.
    Argentina is a partner in SANZAAR now (hence the extra A) so I don't think they'll be dropping them any time soon. I would like to see a Fijian team but surely they'd have to split the competition at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    surely they'd have to split the competition at that point.
    Like into conferences or something?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    6000 pledges according to that article!
    6,000! I hope that is correct, it would be a bloody powerful statement about the support for the Force, I thought we had only just got past 3,000.

If it is right, or even close, the owntheforce initiative has been a brilliant move that will put a heap of pressure on the ARU to keep the club alive. We might get through this dark period yet!

vCash
    Mark Sinderberry said on Weds that a number of the pledges were for more than one share so maybe the 6000 accounts for that?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Absolutely incredibly proud to be a supporter of the Force right now. So many times through commentary we hear how we have the best fans in the country & I've always thought that was a big boast on our part.

With the way we're all pulling together in this time of adversity, I truly believe we are showing we ARE the best!

It's never been easy being a Force fan, the lows far outweigh the highs. But, by fu@k we know how to roll our sleeves up and slog it out when we need to.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    and how sweet will it be once we have some success?

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Another Sydney based writer Spiro Zavos from The Roar put the following comments into an article about the Springboks getting beaten by Italy. It seems to me that he is on the payroll of the Papworth and Dwyer crusade to kill off the Western Force.

But – and this is a crucial consideration – the current Western Force franchise in Perth needs to be shifted to the western suburbs of Sydney. The name of the team can stay the same. This is rather like what happened with the Sydney Swans. The viability of Super Rugby in Australia depends, to a large extent, on the Sydney market. It makes no sense that every second week this market does not get the opportunity to come to a ground in the city and see a Super Rugby match.

There is also the potential with the Sydney Western Force to create a terrific inter-city rivalry with the Waratahs, a side that has always been associated with the eastern and northern suburbs of Sydney.

The ARU owns the Western Force so it can move the franchise back to the heartland city of Australian rugby.
    This is another cheap shot at the Western Force, when really it should be a question to NSWRU.
    Why aren't they harnessing all this support from Western Sydney? Why do they play all there games at the SFS when the population of Sydney is centred around Parramatta?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    We all know they live in a fantasy world over there. They cant even keep the Waratahs going without massive financial input from the ARU over the years, be it above or below board, plus they want more $$$ to keep their Shite Shield going.

The financial stability we are offering the ARU by way of the #owntheforce, coupled with our past financial performance (no ARU hand outs until this year, and even that was in return for Intellectual Property, so not even a hand out really) we see this fantasy that they continually foster hope be shot to pieces.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast