Thread: Boks coach blasts NZ 'cheats'

vCash

Boks coach blasts NZ 'cheats'

South Africa accusing other people of cheating, next you will tell me the sun rises in the west and that a chicken is a migratory bird

Boks coach blasts NZ 'cheats'

By Adrian Warren

August 12, 2008

SOUTH Africa coach Peter de Villiers has accused New Zealand of cheating in the set-pieces and wants Australian referee Matt Goddard to rule strictly on that part of the Tri-Nations Test in Cape Town on Saturday.

De Villiers claimed on Sunday the International Rugby Board prevented him from talking to the referee, but he told the Afrikaans newspaper Sondag that if Goddard doesn't control the lineouts and scrums, Saturday's Test could become a farce.

"It is obvious that as world champions, our biggest strengths are in the lineout and in the scrum," de Villiers said. "And it is precisely here where the opposition will try to neutralise us.

"The All Blacks use tactics which are illegal and as far as I know if it is illegal, then it is not allowed.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    good on ya peter!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    he is nothing but a puppet
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    It is all about how well you can bend the rules and with how much you can get away without the ref blowing you for it.

Look at how Deans assess each refferee and knows what his team will get away with and what not. It is the same as to know where the opposision team's weak points are and I am sure Henry does the same.

Peter de Villiers on the other hand is to stupid to do any of the above and it is counting against the Boks.

Go do a puppet show you Idiot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

De Villiers claimed on Sunday the International Rugby Board prevented him from talking to the referee, but he told the Afrikaans newspaper Sondag that if Goddard doesn't control the lineouts and scrums, Saturday's Test could become a farce.
    I'm not sure you're suppossed to be telling the ref how to do his job in the media either Pete

"It is obvious that as world champions, our biggest strengths are in the lineout and in the scrum," de Villiers said. "And it is precisely here where the opposition will try to neutralise us.
    Well yeah, whether they're cheating or not, it would make sense to try and neutralise the opponents strengths.... right up there with 'get gits' for strategic insight.

"The All Blacks use tactics which are illegal and as far as I know if it is illegal, then it is not allowed.

Nice use of the dictionary mate!

Seriously though, I think alot of us have accused the All Blacks (cough...McCaw...cough) of cheating- though most of those arguements involve the breakdown rather than the set pieces.

Bit early for this isn't it??? "We're World Champions, so if we lose, it's because NZ cheat?"

Got some wise words for our favourite puppet:

SAVE IT....... GAME

vCash
    the only other thing i hate with all the other things i dont like bout this coach is that he starts the mind games and sometimes they dont paay off so why start them in the first place!!!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    next you will tell me the sun rises in the west and that a chicken is a migratory bird
    The chicken is migratory. That's why it keeps crossing the road.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lara93 View Post
    the only other thing i hate with all the other things i dont like bout this coach is that he starts the mind games and sometimes they dont paay off so why start them in the first place!!!
    I believe he is suffering from the ailment that afflicts many saffers, the fact that he is an arrogant turd.

I loved the way he stated before the game against the Aussies in Perth "we have no excuses for losing" then proceded to blame the ref for the loss.

Apart from his personal drinks endorsement what else do hate about him??
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    hmmmm someone deleted their post from earlier, but i will post this anyway

Peter de Villiers names Boks first black coach

By Brendan Gallagher

Last Updated: 1:44PM GMT 10 Jan 2008

In the hot seat: South Africa's new coach Peter De Villiers
    Peter de Villiers, a successful coach with South Africa's World Cup-winning Under-21 team in 2005, was yesterday named as the Springboks' first black coach and immediately insisted he would base all his selections purely on merit - despite South African Rugby Football Union admitting his own appointment was not made on purely rugby grounds.

Choosing the successor to Jake White, who stepped down last month after four years in charge, was always going to be difficult and controversial in the volatile world of South African rugby politics but SARFU President Oregan Hoskins added fuel to the fire yesterday when explaining De Villiers' appointment.

"I want to be honest with South Africa and say the appointment did not take into account only rugby reasons," said Hoskins. "We took into account the issue of transformation in rugby very, very seriously when we took the decision."

All of which will leave the former Bulls coach Heyneke Meyer a little frustrated - Meyer was the clear favourite going into the job interviews, which were conducted earlier this week, while a recent survey within the South African Players Association indicated that 77 per cent of current players wanted Meyer as coach.

The puppet prosecution rests

Peter de Villiers names Boks first black coach - Telegraph

vCash
    is this the saffer coach laying his excuse pre-game incase the All Black forwards smash his scrum and lineout?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I loved the way he stated before the game against the Aussies in Perth "we have no excuses for losing" then proceded to blame the ref for the loss.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    In his mind he was right. The Boks don't need an excuse when the dirty cheating Ref gave the game to the other team. It's perfect. "We didn't lose, we weren't allowed to win."

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.