Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How low can they get

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShtinaTina View Post
    From the photos on the Wallabies social media, it was Latu, Douglas, Powell.

As other posters have said, taking it out on the players is hardly the right avenue.
    Pretty damn poor that Hooper as the captain and supposed leader of the national team could not have shown his face. Likewise Folau, Genia & Beale given how much they are paid.

I think it just demonstrates their arrogance that they spent an entire week in Perth and did not do a single thing to promote rugby in this State. Pity the press don't report that at the same time as ticking off the fans. Disrespect works both ways you know.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Pretty damn poor that Hooper as the captain and supposed leader of the national team could not have shown his face. Likewise Folau, Genia & Beale given how much they are paid.

I think it just demonstrates their arrogance that they spent an entire week in Perth and did not do a single thing to promote rugby in this State. Pity the press don't report that at the same time as ticking off the fans. Disrespect works both ways you know.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the finals were on game day yeah? I am not sure about the processes and routines for game day, but I guess that's why the non-playing guys were out there.

I really don't think it's fair to pick on the players over this, regardless of their position, pay packet, last name, Super Rugby team or star sign.

The battle to be had about their ridiculous "oversight" of fan engagements is, like most things, with the ARU.

Whether any player takes it upon themselves would be their own call & probably not in a formal capacity.

I hardly think the playing group were there purposely not engaging with the fans.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
    My son was one of the mascots who were given "A night they'll never forget" and as reported in the media and was evident for all to see they didn't get the opportunity to run out with the players. I'm still trying to speak to someone at RugbyWA to find out what went wrong and what events led up to the mascots being denied the opportunity to run out with the Wallabies. One thing I can confirm is that the mascots didn't even get the opportunity to meet any of the Wallabies and the closest the kids got to any of their heroes, was as they ran passed them onto the field. I don't blame anyone from RugbyWA for the events that unfolded, I'm just looking for some answers to try and understand what happened, once I find out I'll post it on here.
    Hey Wicker,

Just for clarity, did RugbyWA provide you with the kit? Were you happy to receive it? Did you feel it was a political statement or was it something more reasonable than that?

Just want to cut through the spin from the various media outlets, feel free to tell me to get stuffed if I'm intruding.

C'mon the

vCash
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the finals were on game day yeah? I am not sure about the processes and routines for game day, but I guess that's why the non-playing guys were out there.

I really don't think it's fair to pick on the players over this, regardless of their position, pay packet, last name, Super Rugby team or star sign.

The battle to be had about their ridiculous "oversight" of fan engagements is, like most things, with the ARU.

Whether any player takes it upon themselves would be their own call & probably not in a formal capacity.

I hardly think the playing group were there purposely not engaging with the fans.
    And what about the 7 days preceding "game day"? Where were these highly paid poster boys then? Sorry Tina, but this "oversight" excuse doesn't wash with me. Those players could have shown their faces somewhere in those 7 days to show solidarity with their rugby-playing colleagues in WA. Cheika managed to attend the NRC game on the Sunday - why could the players not have come with him? Don't tell me they didn't have a day or an hour off in 7 days.

We poor suckers over here help(ed) to pay their wages. Their failure to take it upon themselves to do something in 7 days to respect that is on them, not the ARU.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 11-09-17 at 20:01.
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Cheika managed to attend the NRC game on the Sunday - why could the players not have come with him?
    There were a number of Boks at the NRC game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    There were a number of Boks at the NRC game.
    Oh god stop enabling!!!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    And what about the 7 days preceding "game day"? Where were these highly paid, poster boys then? Sorry Tina, but this "oversight" excuse doesn't wash with me. Those players could have shown their faces somewhere in those 7 days to show solidarity with their rugby-playing colleagues in WA. Cheika managed to attend the NRC game on the Sunday - why could the players not have come with him? Don't tell me they didn't have a day or an hour off in 7 days.

We poor suckers over here help(ed) to pay their wages. Their failure to take it upon themselves to do something in 7 days to respect that is on them, not the ARU.
    Sorry Alison, I was responding to your comment about their locations on the day of the finals.

The other 7 days, well from what some of them posted on their personal social media accounts (it's surprising how much some of the guys share);
    Sunday - Spirit game - some hadn't even made it to Perth till that evening.
    Monday, Tuesday- training
    Wednesday - usual day off - was recovery swims at the beach, golf & other activities, seeing family members & friends
    Thursday, Friday - training

I completely agree there should've been an arranged open training session, meet & greet or a putt putt game.

My use of "oversight" is drenched with sarcasm, as it's a piss poor excuse.

I don't know the finer details of their daily time tables, but as far as free time goes, it's not that plentiful.

No denying, WA has been royally shafted by the ARU on all accounts.

Why not ask the players you take issue with? Most are on twitter, tweet them.
    At the least you may highlight to them your dissatisfaction with their lack of personal engagement, at best you might get an answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Hey Wicker,

Just for clarity, did RugbyWA provide you with the kit? Were you happy to receive it? Did you feel it was a political statement or was it something more reasonable than that?

Just want to cut through the spin from the various media outlets, feel free to tell me to get stuffed if I'm intruding.
    Confirms WA Rugby gave them the jerseys
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88594762z

vCash
    Sorry Alison, I was responding to your comment about their locations on the day of the finals.

The other 7 days, well from what some of them posted on their personal social media accounts (it's surprising how much some of the guys share);
    Wednesday - usual day off - was recovery swims at the beach, golf & other activities, seeing family members & friends

I completely agree there should've been an arranged open training session, meet & greet or a putt putt game.

I don't know the finer details of their daily time tables, but as far as free time goes, it's not that plentiful.

At the least you may highlight to them your dissatisfaction with their lack of personal engagement, at best you might get an answer.
    They've all blocked her.

vCash
    And what about the 7 days preceding "game day"? Where were these highly paid poster boys then? Sorry Tina, but this "oversight" excuse doesn't wash with me. Those players could have shown their faces somewhere in those 7 days to show solidarity with their rugby-playing colleagues in WA. Cheika managed to attend the NRC game on the Sunday - why could the players not have come with him? Don't tell me they didn't have a day or an hour off in 7 days.

Heaven forbid they don't want to spend every waking second associated with rugby and with no downtime at all, ever.
    Also as much as we all wish it was different what has happened with the force has nothing to do with the majority of them - and might have also put pressure on their careers. So who can blame them for wanting to stay out of it.
    We don't know what goes on behind closed doors - no matter how much privilege we have allocated ourselves.

vCash
    I remember, seems like a long long long time ago, when the Wallabies would do a big "meet & greet" at various spots around Perth, like the Mall in town, shopping centres, club fields. My Mum still raves about getting a hug & kiss from Adam Ashley, & O'Connor hadn't yet discovered his 'brand' & acted like a nice guy. Every time the Wallabies were in Perth was the same, lots of promotion work. Guess they've all become way too busy with their'cough, cough' training schedules & prectising ....... strategy (ahem) Things have got so much better haven't they?
    Which probably explains why no one knows about rugby anymore. Our kelpie used to wear her Wallabies jersey in Subi, & people always stopped for a chat.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It obviously takes a lot of time to reach a suitable level of intensity.

C'mon the

vCash
    .......and maturity - according to Cheik. All the Fox dudes seem to love saying "Cheik", so I thought I'd chuck in a Cheik too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash

At the Long Rugby lunch with Alan Jones I asked McArdle about nothing for the kids - and he said to me quote...."Probably an oversight"..my answer is really unprintable...

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Hey Wicker,

Gigs, I can confirm that RugbyWA did not supply a Western Force kit for my son, he wore his own. I can't comment for other families but we were more than happy for our son to wear his Western Force kit on the day. RugbyWA contacted me shortly after the appeal decision was handed down and asked if my son had a Western Force kit and if he would be happy to wear it on the night, I confirmed to them that he would be and that we, as a family, were thinking of ways he could show his support for the Force while carrying out his duties as a mascot. I'm just trying to find a few answers as to how the whole thing eventuated, if like the ARU are saying it was because they needed 46 kids why didn't they let RugbyWA know this when RugbyWA supplied the list of kids for inclusion in the program, there are only 45 kids names printed in the program. Whatever the real reason for not letting the kids run out is I don't know and I might never get to the bottom of it, but to deny the kids even the opportunity to meet their heroes and shake their hands is pretty low.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast