Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: House is full at Members Equity for Force fans

vCash

House is full at Members Equity for Force fans

House is full at Members Equity for Force fans

16th April 2009, 8:15 WST

Western Force matches at Members Equity Stadium next year are shaping to be members-only events.
    Occasional spectators face exclusion from Super 14 matches because of the ground’s insufficient capacity which, even with the erection of temporary seating and corporate pavilions, will be restricted to about 20,000.

The poor viewing provided by AFL-aligned Subiaco Oval has alienated fans, compelling the Force to move to Perth’s biggest rectangular facility to avoid financial collapse.

Dwindling gate receipts yet fixed stadium costs are hurting the Force, whose average crowd has plummeted by about 10,000 this season from a high of 28,424 in 2006.

Even so, the club boasts nearly 17,000 season-ticket holders who are likely to renew next year, leaving only about 3000 seats to be sold.

Such has been the interest in the move to Members Equity Stadium that the club has opened a waiting list for 2010 sales, even though it has yet to finalise plans to expand the ground’s capacity with the venue’s manager Alia and the Town of Vincent.

Given that gates at Members Equity Stadium had to be shut 20 minutes before kick-off when 18,000 fans watched the Force play the Crusaders in a pre-season match in January, Force officials admit there is a chance memberships will be over-subscribed next year.

The board will be required to choose whether to take the loyal money and run, or leave a small block of seats open on a game-by-game basis for those unable to afford the cost of a season ticket.

“My advice? Get in now,” said Force general manager of commercial services Sean Lee, the man at the centre of the move to the rectangular ground.

Lee believes demand will exceed supply and is trying to squeeze in as many additional seats and corporate facilities as possible.

Although the master plan has yet to be finalised, temporary stands are likely to be erected in the corners at the southern end of the facility, with corporate facilities similar to those around the 18th green at the Johnnie Walker Classic golf tournament hemming in The Shed at the northern end.

The limited number of suites, existing or new, is likely to lead to a new category of corporate membership which will involve a seat in a grandstand and a section of a marquee on the adjacent Loton Park.

The Force continue to lobby the State Government to fund a new multi-tier grandstand on the eastern side of Members Equity Stadium to increase the ground’s capacity to 25,000.

DAVE HUGHES

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Well played Dave Hughes, this article is the most accurate description of the issue I've read in a while.

The poor will have to put up with playing to sellout crowds until somebody poneys up the dough to perform the vitally required upgrades to this facility.

25,000 seats is an absoulte requirement, if the team improves on the paddock, upgrades beyond that will be nrcessary.

C'mon the

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Woohoo...a full mes is better than a half full subiaco any day...

coz Stone Cold says so

Veteran
    vCash
    hell yeah! I'd rather go to one game at MES than all the games at subi.

Im going to have to find that waiting list...

vCash
    The waiting list is the main reason I signed MiniGIGS up this year.

At least I know we're in the door, now I just have to win the raffle for good seats.

C'mon the

vCash
    Glad I have retained my membership over the past four years, cannot wait for match one next year. Hope that they let us upgrade if seats available in better positions.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    hang on! Waiting list? What waiting list? Is this for new or old members? where members informed?

vCash
    The way I read it, it's people who aren't currently members on a waiting list. Will be interesting to see how they allocate seating at MES - I think members who've been there from the beginning should benefit and it shouldn't be based just on the type of membership they hold currently (gold, silver etc).

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I think it should be based on the membership you hold.
    I've paid for a gold member seat since day one and would be pretty pissed if I got shoved down the end behind the goals.

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Just found this.

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=20062

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    We might still be shoved off past the tryline flame, they've got 2000 corporates and like 1500 diamonds before us don't they?

I'll be happy to be on the lowest tier of the Western stand, anywhere between the 22s, preferably on the fence, between the 40s if possible, I'll sit on the end of the bench if they're short of seats.

C'mon the

vCash
    the seat allocation at MES will be of great interest to those of us who have who have held season tickets from the start. I would like to think that this loyalty would be rewarded with some say as to where the seats will be allocated. We now have a great social grouping across four rows and we all want this to continue with the move

vCash
    In an atmosphere like what I'm expecting we need songs and chants.

During a TMO decision for us the crowd should be shouting as one "You may award the try" just to start things off.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    If Gold Membership is past the Try line there will be a huge shitfight coming.

It would be $$ better spent on Foxtel.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Veteran
    vCash
    i watched the crusaders match from one of the corners, and it was great!!! could be better in the middle but, still your so close anyway!

In an atmosphere like what I'm expecting we need songs and chants.

During a TMO decision for us the crowd should be shouting as one "You may award the try" just to start things off.
    also need to organise the pre/post pub...

vCash
    I agree with Palitu........yes, I'll be pissed if I'm outside the 22, but.....dude.....the worst seat at MES is better than the best seat at Subi.

I remember walking into the first trial played there (I think it was Samoa) throught the gates of the Shed, watching the players warm up, It was a bloody revelation for me (who has never seen a game of rugby outside WA) I loved every second of if....particularly the fact that we sat on the fence, on the 40 with GA tickets!!!!!!!

The only problem I have with MES is the number of seats, It needs about another 10,000.

C'mon the

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast