Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Force v Tonga

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    What behind Game 1 Gigsy ?? :-)
    Yup, benny, you have successfully identified my point.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Good coverage in the West today.

Nick Taylor's article and photo covered 3/4 of the inside back page.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What the hell are the Rebels going to do for the next game.

Will go balls-to-the-wall and name a full strength side in the hope of blunting the momentum that the Force have built or are they already looking for excuses and planning to name a second string team so that they can point to that if they lose?

Either way they'll be on a hiding to nothing and the Force have got pretty much nothing to lose. If they name a full strength side and we lose we can point to all the WA products who would be wanting to come back and play in front of people rather than empty chairs, if we win, against any team they name, we can point to the success of a bunch of rag-tag leftovers who the Rugby World didn't want beating the anointed sons of Rugby Australia.

I'm really looking forward to this one now.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    There will be few "issues" for this clash

1. Same time as first All Blacks v France (3.30pm for AB v France and 4pm for Force v Rebels), that will keep the kiwis glued to the TV.
    2. Swiftly followed by first Wallabies v Ireland (6pm)
    3. From last weeks Rebels Team is expect Chieka will have Rangi, Coleman, Ruru, Hodge, Korobete, Timani, plus Genia and possibly Charles, Faulkner, DHP and Ainsley depending on what injuries come up to others over the next few weeks.
    4. I doubt Chieka will select anyone from WSR, despite their availability. I expect this to happen after NRC for Spring Tour leading into RWC year.

So there is no doubt it will not be a full strength Rebels team that comes here and likewise the Saders for the following match BUT we can only play what is front of us, and win will be a win as much as a loss will be a loss, and based on the last two crowds I still believe they can get over 10,000 along minimum.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 14-05-18 at 11:54.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Re crowd.

Being a Force v Rebels match I wouldn't expect a large walk-up contingent of Kiwi fans anyway. Obviously this wouldn't apply to those who have a connection to anybody who is playing, but the casual Kiwi/Islander is var more likely to turn out for an islander side than for the Rebels. I think the All Blacks match will be a bit of a non-issue.

Regarding the Wobblies vs Ireland, sure some will travel over for the match, but I know I won't be watching it live, I probably won't watch it on reply. If the RA representatives get a spanking I would be likely to catch it, but not really interested in any other outcome. I don't know how many others will share my viewpoint, but I do know plenty who are talking about going and the clash in timing either doesn't occur to them or isn't of value (TBH I have kept enough out of the Wallaby loop to not even realise they played on the same day)

So I'd expect the crowd attrition to be much more about the marketing and typical gloss wearing off stuff than awkward timing, for God's sake they got 16 1/2 Thousand to an afternoon game on Mothers' Day, that's a great turnout in anybody's language.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Re crowd.

Being a Force v Rebels match I wouldn't expect a large walk-up contingent of Kiwi fans anyway. Obviously this wouldn't apply to those who have a connection to anybody who is playing, but the casual Kiwi/Islander is var more likely to turn out for an islander side than for the Rebels. I think the All Blacks match will be a bit of a non-issue.

Regarding the Wobblies vs Ireland, sure some will travel over for the match, but I know I won't be watching it live, I probably won't watch it on reply. If the RA representatives get a spanking I would be likely to catch it, but not really interested in any other outcome. I don't know how many others will share my viewpoint, but I do know plenty who are talking about going and the clash in timing either doesn't occur to them or isn't of value (TBH I have kept enough out of the Wallaby loop to not even realise they played on the same day)

So I'd expect the crowd attrition to be much more about the marketing and typical gloss wearing off stuff than awkward timing, for God's sake they got 16 1/2 Thousand to an afternoon game on Mothers' Day, that's a great turnout in anybody's language.
    Didn't realise about the clash with other games but don't really care. People can always record the game and watch it later, I wouldn't have thought many people would be travelling over there for the game. I think it will be a sellout! I don't think Chieka will pick that many Rebels, I'm not expecting him to pick Rangi, Ruru, Charles, Ainsley or Faulkner. I hope they will send a strong team over here!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Game up on 7Plus. Game 1 still there too.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    Maybe they should broadcast the Wallabies game on the big screens after the Force match. Has a bit of the novelty factor and it’ll entice a few to stay and drink more. Much better then sitting at home trying not to throw your drink through the tv.

Player
    vCash
    if they served Guinness at the bar you might get a big crowd

vCash
    Ian gives some comments about what he feels about playing the Rebels.....

Apprentice
    vCash
    It would be better if they moved this to the Friday night 8th June, better for club people not having to rush down after being out all day and others who might get planted in front of a screen somewhere for the Irish v Wallabies game. I think this would get a better crowd to it all round, is it too late to change?

vCash
    Western Force cruised to a 47-17 victory over a Tongan representative side in their second World Series Rugby clash at nib Stadium last night.

And for the second week running the biggest rugby crowd in Australia was at nib Stadium, where this time there were 16,323 in the Sea of Blue.

It was more than three times bigger than the crowd at the Brumbies–Melbourne Super Rugby clash in Canberra on Saturday and the Rebels’ home game against the Jaguares last month.....
    ....And the Waratahs verse Lions crowd this year....

vCash
    Tin-foil hat time.

Anybody reckon RA will issue a directive to Cheika to select some of our key players to the extended Wallaby squad to scupper our chances of beating the anointeds? They can then say "wow! you were right Perth! These WSR guys really are great! They've made it into the Wallaby squad! See? Selecting these Wallaby-eligible players is our olive branch to you, hurr-durrr!"

I'll check myself into the nut-house now.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Yeah, that's a seriously long bow mate.

Much more likely that he'd enforce a "rest week" for everybody but Coleman hodge and genia (can't be too obvious) and keep his powder dry on admitting that there's anything good happening in Perth.

Certainly on paper, a rebels team minus those three is stronger that almost anything the current force could muster.

Of course the game isn't played on paper and the force are playing very pretty ball-in-hand rugby.

I haven't seen an Aussie back line play that well in probably 20 years. That includes the 2011 Reds who won the championship on pure x factor, but that was basically only quade.

If the force can get ands on the footy with a little space the full rebels squad might have cause to worry.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Tin-foil hat time.

Anybody reckon RA will issue a directive to Cheika to select some of our key players to the extended Wallaby squad to scupper our chances of beating the anointeds? .... I'll check myself into the nut-house now.
    No need to mate. As a WA rugby supporter, it's quite natural to be paranoid about the RA's agenda

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast