Page 10 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Works for me too 😀

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Was googling around today looking for a copy of the original SANZAAR press release that stated that the reduction to 15 team format would be within the (then) existing broadcast agreement. Can only find excerpts or references on various Rugby websites. But Google turned up a link to it on the ARU's own website.

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/04...y-announcement

This is where the link takes you nowdays.

Name:  Page Not Found.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  60.3 KB

It's disappeared............Spooky or what?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Seems to be there for me .. http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/04...y-announcement

The Wayback Machine is also handy when pages have disappeared .. http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...y-announcement

vCash
    Yeah I get it now too. Unfortunately not the actual press release I was looking for. Thanks for the archive tip. Will give that a go.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Might be useful to sit around a whiteboard (at a suitable pub of course) and outline the key points to be made. Happy to participate and help draft up a TWF submission if others are also interested.

Not sure if others have already started this process, but if so please let me know.

PS I've appeared before a few Senate Inquiries (and written supporting submissions) as part of my job - it's not that scary so I'm happy to provide background on what it's like and there are probably other TWFers who have done likewise.
    OK, it's plenty ugly and pretty emotional at the moment, but I've posted the entire text of the submission I'm working on http://twf.com.au/group.php?discussionid=13&do=discuss I'm pretty sure it's secured and you need to gain access.

Please take the time to have a look and suggest changes. I'd be very happy for it to be the genesis of the TWF submission.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yeah I get it now too. Unfortunately not the actual press release I was looking for. Thanks for the archive tip. Will give that a go.
    This the one Shasta?
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/rugby-union/melbourne-rebels-or-western-force-to-be-axed-in-super-rugby-cull/news-story/e4bfb18fe2ce0c625e7e50ddefc30579

Search for Brent Impey and existing broadcast agreement

vCash
    Thanks Andy. I was looking for the original but a couple of press quotes should suffice.

Last edited by shasta; 11-09-17 at 19:58.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Thanks Andy. I was looking for the original but a couple of press quotes should suffice.
    However the Rugby.com.au one threw up a tasty little morsel regarding timing. Check this

Quote Originally Posted by The ARU media unit
    9 APR 2017 SUPER RUGBY
    SANZAAR has revealed the 2018 Super Rugby format. Photo: RUGBY.com.au/Stuart Walmsley
    The Super Rugby format has been confirmed on Sunday night. Photo: Getty Images
    SHARE SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE ON TWITTER SHARE VIA EMAIL
    Beth Newman Profile
    by Beth Newman
    Super Rugby will consist of just 15 teams in 2018 with one Australian and two South African teams to go, but Australia's future is far from resolved and SANZAAR won't be rushing the ARU into an immediate call.

A SANZAAR process that has already stretched on for nine months is not expected to resolved swiftly, with both Australia and South Africa yet to officially make a call on which teams they will exclude from next year's competition.

The ARU is set to hold a press conference on Monday morning, after a board meeting on Sunday afternoon, but there will be no announcement on which team will be cut from the Australian conference.
    OK, so the date of publication is the 9th of April, and the SANZAaR process had "stretched on for nine months" so let's assume it started about the 9th of July.

When was the Alliance Agreement signed?

Exactly?

I've got This
    Quote Originally Posted by the same source
    ARU and Force announce alliance agreement

3 JUN 2016 SUPER RUGBY
    Five weeks people,

The alliance lasted five whole weeks.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Great point. I hope Wayne is reading that.

The timing aspect I'm interested is something different to that.

Senior Player
    vCash

Once a banker, always a banker

Scan down to the section labelled "Big Chair":

http://www.smh.com.au/business/cbd/i...05-gybk8i.html

Big chair

It seems appropriate that publisher Peter Charlton is holding his second Best Chair awards in Parliament House, Canberra this November to pick the best chairmen – and women – in the country.

It might be a handy stop-off given so many contenders – and non-contenders – are having to make the trek to our capital to appease the chaotic whims of Malcolm "Mao" Turnbull's government.

This could include dragging former NAB boss Cameron Clyne to the big house to explain the sorry debacle that is his chairmanship of the Australian Rugby Union and its not so Super Rugby strategy.

Clyne had the temerity last week to question whether the Senate Inquiry into decision-making process that led to the Western Force being red-carded from the competition "is a suitable use of public funds".

Let's see. The West Australian government spent $17 million on the Western Force HQ, $95 million on a new stadium for the club and football team Perth Glory, and it also agreed to pay the ARU $5 million to stage the 2019 Bledisloe Cup.

The West Australians apparently got shafted in favour of a $20 million deal the ARU crafted with the Victorian government.

I think we can all agree that it is a level of tax payer support that would make even a Big Four bank like NAB blush.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    OK, it's plenty ugly and pretty emotional at the moment, but I've posted the entire text of the submission I'm working on http://twf.com.au/group.php?discussionid=13&do=discuss I'm pretty sure it's secured and you need to gain access.

Please take the time to have a look and suggest changes. I'd be very happy for it to be the genesis of the TWF submission.
    Can't access it Gigs, do we need special permission?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    AndrewM can give you permission.

vCash
    Well am hoping the ARU/Clyne don't get too comfy with the idea that the pressure is off the Senate inquiry. This is a perfect chance for Twigs/Sinders to lean on Clyne to get our IP back, along with player Wallaby eligibility for the new team. In return, Clyne could maybe avoid charges of misuse of funds, misrepresentation of Directors duties, illegal leaking of information/documents.......... or just being an arsehole in general. And I hope WA Gov gets recompense for the money invested!

vCash
    Yep, join the squirrel group.

C'mon the

vCash
    Well am hoping the ARU/Clyne don't get too comfy with the idea that the pressure is off the Senate inquiry. This is a perfect chance for Twigs/Sinders to lean on Clyne to get our IP back, along with player Wallaby eligibility for the new team. In return, Clyne could maybe avoid charges of misuse of funds, misrepresentation of Directors duties, illegal leaking of information/documents.......... or just being an arsehole in general. And I hope WA Gov gets recompense for the money invested!
    I could not agree with giving them any quarter over what has happened. No matter what may be gained in return. That would be just getting in the gutter with them. Got no idea what this inquiry can achieve but let it rip to the fullest. I reckon the people Andrew Forrest is putting together will with the rest separately and effectively.

Page 10 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast