Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fixing Rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    so you wouldnt change anything?
    Shoot the current ARU board and management, followed by a genuine governance structure which is focused on improving all of Aussie rugby. Only then will I entertain a serious conversation about law changes having any effect on spectator numbers.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Was down at Tompkins Park this morning playing some touch rugby when I was struck by a mighty epiphany.

So the cross bar down at Tompkins has the black dot, what I'm thinking is they need to install a sensor in the dot that is triggered when the ball goes over it. Only to apply for a conversion attempt but when the sensor is triggered an extra point is awarded.

I call it the super conversion.

You're welcome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Was down at Tompkins Park this morning playing some touch rugby when I was struck by a mighty epiphany. So the cross bar down at Tompkins has the black dot, what I'm thinking is they need to install a sensor in the dot that is triggered when a conversion goes over it. Make and team kicking for the goal be it penalty or conversion gets an extra point. I call it the super goal. You're welcome.
    Fireworks and dancing girls optional?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Was down at Tompkins Park this morning playing some touch rugby when I was struck by a mighty epiphany.

So the cross bar down at Tompkins has the black dot, what I'm thinking is they need to install a sensor in the dot that is triggered when the ball goes over it. Only to apply for a conversion attempt but when the sensor is triggered an extra point is awarded.

I call it the super conversion.

You're welcome.
    I like it - but what about also expanding it to include a drop goal from > 50m, but; if this happens, the game ends, team that kicks it wins the game, and the guy or girl who kicked it - gets the seiko watch and doesn't buy a round for a month?

vCash
    You can jump, be hoisted, pushed over the crossbar (ball in hand), for 2 points.
    Yellow carded player, has to finish 5 cans in the 10 minutes, or he's off until he finishes - no subs/replacements in the meantime.
    Players can be asked the score by the ref at any time - if they don't know it, they have to run to the farthest goalpost and round it, and back , whilst play goes on.
    At any stage a player can play their one trump card, and stop play. Restarting with scrum their ball.

vCash
    Seems the whole "axing saga" is getting too tough and some of our people are turning to substance abuse.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    If a game has zero tries scored in the first 70 minutes then in the last 10 minutes the tackling player has to get up and run to his own try line before returning to the defensive line.

The space created by blokes having to go to their try line and back will create a try fest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Players can be asked the score by the ref at any time - if they don't know it, they have to run to the farthest goalpost and round it, and back , whilst play goes on.
    That sounds like a torture used in under 12s I like it, the tahs players might harden up if they start to play like 11 year olds.

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2