Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The new dawn for WA Rugby takes shape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Better to keep the Kiwis out of it for now, until Perth can create an undivided supporter base for its team.
    The Kiwis are starting to realise that the current tv deal isn't enough and the player exodus is starting to bite. They have lost at least ten flyhalfs in the last four years. Putting the emphasis on retaining older players like Cory Jane, Ben Smith, Kieran Read, etc is all well and good but they are losing more players in their prime.

The RA and SARU (they are in the gun for malpractice too) imploding is not going to boost the tv deal.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I like the idea of a Kiwi and/or Islander team in the mix, it will give the comp a lot more credibility that will shut the knockers up.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Better to keep the Kiwis out of it for now, until Perth can create an undivided supporter base for its team.
    Perhaps the Kiwis in Perth have realised that not buying memberships to the team regardless of who you support is folly in a competitive environment such as ours.

They can't be dumb enought to make the same mistake again can they?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I like the idea of a Kiwi and/or Islander team in the mix, it will give the comp a lot more credibility that will shut the knockers up.
    Everything from IPRC to date has indicated that the initial activity will be with teams within our timezone.
    This makes sense to me purely from a cost viewpoint. Travelling Perth to Pacific Islands can be a real hassle!
    Can't see a NZ team in the mix before 2020 but would expect games against Pacific Island teams in 2018.
    No matter what we do we have no chance of shutting up the naysayers in the East who don't give a rats about what happens in the West.

It's interesting that the EARU made reference to the IPRC structure in talking about life beyond 2020.
    Clearly the EARU want to be in control (without providing the $$s which Minderoo are prepared to put in up front.

For me 2018 is encouraging as it looks like our preparing the way for 2019 while having many benefits for the local scene.
    Minderoo have always talked about having the professional players more involved in the local scene.
    The 2018 will form the basis of the bigger playing group with some marque players attracted by the IPRC competition and hopefully the return of some of the former Force players who have taken/been offered only 1-year contracts.

vCash
    I wonder if the Asia Pacific Dragons might be how the Pacific Islands can get involved initially. The Force are planning to play them this year and, if you remember to a few years ago, they were bidding to enter Super Rugby as a Pacific Islands team based in Singapore. From the noises we've heard previously about IPRC local player requirements, there would also be a quota of Singaporeans in the side so it could be a win-win for both parties. Purely speculating.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I've said it before, but it is a real shame the IPRC wasn't set up in Singapore from the start. The other teams could have run it this year without us, which would have increased the likelihood that WR would have signed off. More importantly it would have put some things in place and got them underway in those locations, as realistically they have so much more to do than us. As it stands, they seem to be waiting to see whether there is a comp or not and I wonder now whether they could be ready for a 2019 start anyway. Most importantly though, the whole thing wouldn't be dragging the dead and stinking corpse of the ARU along with it, with their obvious (and entirely foreseeable) plans to either own it or kill it.

Sadly it is too late now and I don't see any way for them to be removed from the situation. That bell won't be unrung, and sadly that initial choice has probably made it a Passing bell.

vCash
    The Islands are included in the IPRC pitch. It would give the Fijians year round competition.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Perhaps the Kiwis in Perth have realised that not buying memberships to the team regardless of who you support is folly in a competitive environment such as ours.

They can't be dumb enought to make the same mistake again can they?
    One of the big reason's we are where we are is previous administration and coaching staff of the professional arm refused to acknowledge or attempted to connect with the local club scene. There was a huge mindset change last season but the damage had already been done,maybe instead of talking shit yet again about how everything is the Kiwi's fault have a good look at how things were done in the past and how it alienated clubbies from the Force.

You talk some shit sometimes Gigs

Last edited by westies man; 15-01-18 at 20:27.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes Westie, and then you can tell us again how clubs like West, Uni, Soaks, Cottesloe and Nedlands didn't foster, encourage, develop and enthusiastically contribute to the previous policy of ignoring and neglecting grass root clubs and their needs and ambitions, as long as most of the professional players ended up at Wests, Uni, Soaks, Cottesloe and Nedlands.

You talk some shit sometimes, Westie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    One of the big reason's we are where we are is previous administration and coaching staff of the professional arm refused to acknowledge or attempted to connect with the local club scene. There was a huge mindset change last season but the damage had already been done,maybe instead of talking shit yet again about how everything is the Kiwi's fault have a good look at how things were done in the past and how it alienated clubbies from the Force.

You talk some shit sometimes Gigs
    Jeez you get testy when anybody mentions the Kiwis in a bad light Westie.

To expand upon my statement, I could also talk about the number of fair weather supporters who turned up for the first three years at Subi but dropped their membership when we didn't win the comp in three years.

Would that have received a similar response...I think not.

For the record, I have nothing against New Zealand, Sure I hate their rugby team, that is mainly because they've been whipping the arse of the team I used to support since Noah was a boy. but you inability to take ANY criticism of your culture makes it hard to have a discussion mate.

C'mon the

vCash
    NZRU are just as culpable in the death of the Force as the ARU especially given it was their insistence that the Sunwolves remain.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Yes Westie, and then you can tell us again how clubs like West, Uni, Soaks, Cottesloe and Nedlands didn't foster, encourage, develop and enthusiastically contribute to the previous policy of ignoring and neglecting grass root clubs and their needs and ambitions, as long as most of the professional players ended up at Wests, Uni, Soaks, Cottesloe and Nedlands.

You talk some shit sometimes, Westie.
    I may talk shit sometimes Fulvio but that massive chip you carry round on your shoulder makes you talk shit all the time.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    You talk the talk Westie, but you revert to type soon enough when there is something in it for Wests.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2