Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: OH MY, OH MY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Allow me to answer your questions.

1. Over the past 4 years, we have struggled to get people nominated just to fill the available positions. So, all this hullabaloo is kinda interesting for me to observe that we have a bun fight over the past week or so on this site about board nominations and we struggle to find people to put their hand up???? Let's hope that going forward we now have dozens of people nomination ahead of this year's AGM.

2. Meetings between Minderoo and the Sea of Blue have gone on for quite a while. The board of Minderoo is a wee bit different in make up than RugbyWA . Minderoo is not only looking after Rugby!!

3. How about asking "why and how did the board of RugbyWa arrive at this decision?" rather than making up your own inflammatory assumption. Brent happens to be one amazing person and looks forward to donning his lights once again, it could be argued your comment is discriminatory.

4. Mate - you are a no-body in Community Rugby, why don't you show some guts and nominate for President on 28th March, even though I don't know you, I will second your nomination and put it to Community for a vote. You claim to be such a whiz bang- well - put your money where your mouth is?

Hansie I am both a community rugby volunteer and foundation member of the Force. I find your recent posts defensive and inappropriate for a person holding your formal role. Might be time to put the keyboard away for a while.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Regarding I.P. - happy for all of you who question why we do not own the I.P. also to come to the AGM and explain how we buy the I.P. for less than $800K if the seller will not part with it for less? or where do we get the $800K asking money?

I think being able to use the I.P. - I think for the next 50 or 99 years and not pay $800K is a good outcome.
    I'm all for being stingy and shafting the Rugby Australia out of any amount possible, I agree with you that if the seller does not want to sell how are you supposed to leverage it out of them. Unfortunately Rugby Australia have something we want and such an awful bottom line they need every dollar they can get.

How much are RugbyWA paying RA to lease the IP off of them? I assume Minderoo are paying for it anyway through the sub-lease arrangement you have with them.

I disagree with what I have read about (rumored or not) the planned change the name of the side should the IRPC get up and also the dumping of the Perth Spirit branding for the NRC.

Why fight so hard to get the IP back if it's just going to be disregarded or only partly used?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    In December - when RugbyWA came out of Voluntary Administration I was led to believe by the Articles published in the West Australian

1. A deal was done with Rugby Australia (ARU)
    2. Debt was forgiven
    3. IP was returned.

It would appear that The West Australian newspaper got the information wrong.

Am I missing something?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    In December - when RugbyWA came out of Voluntary Administration I was led to believe by the Articles published in the West Australian

1. A deal was done with Rugby Australia (ARU)
    2. Debt was forgiven
    3. IP was returned.

It would appear that The West Australian newspaper got the information wrong.

Am I missing something?
    Either:
    a) Journalist printed an untruth!
    b) Journalist was told a lie and printed it!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    "And importantly, RugbyWA has been handed back complete control of the Force and all its intellectual property."

The RA continue to be manipultive, they continue to prove that money means more to them than reconciliation and moving forward. Raelenes words were to draw a line in the sand, how can we when you hold our identity to ransom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Either:
    a) Journalist printed an untruth!
    b) Journalist was told a lie and printed it!
    An AAP article with no name to it, probably spoon fed by the RA's press unit.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    An AAP article with no name to it, probably spoon fed by the RA's press unit.
    True. But AAP still has to have some reputation of Truthfulness and Integrity. The staff reporter must be working from a Press Release from somewhere.

Exile
    Sydney

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    "And importantly, RugbyWA has been handed back complete control of the Force and all its intellectual property."

The RA continue to be manipultive, they continue to prove that money means more to them than reconciliation and moving forward. Raelenes words were to draw a line in the sand, how can we when you hold our identity to ransom.
    Leo thats an understandable Assumption that its all RA being manipulative. But lets be fair here. This weekend I just copped a caning for assuming things.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Leo thats an understandable Assumption that its all RA being manipulative. But lets be fair here. This weekend I just copped a caning for assuming things.
    Fair cop, This was sold to us as our IP being returned, my quote was from the article where it states control was handed back, not ownership.

In my joy of thinking that finally the national governing body was stopping destroying the game in WA I wasnt looking for their carefully chosen words. Handing control isnt handing ownership

vCash
    Well it is understandable considering that the RA stalled the Own the Force share release where the money was to go to get the IP back and then delayed people committing their money thanks to the shifty cull process.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash

Fair cop, This was sold to us as our IP being returned...In my joy of thinking that finally the national governing body was stopping destroying the game in WA I wasnt looking for their carefully chosen words. Handing control isnt handing ownership
    This ladies and gentlemen, is as clear cut example of why NOT to trust those lying, cheating, duplicitous wankers, why NOT to jump back in bed with them, and why NOT to draw a line in the sand as you will ever get.

Never forget it was a couple of "carefully chosen words" in the so called 'Alliance Agreement' that led us to this position

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Yes but.....

By accident of constitutional structure, RugbyWA don't have any other bed.

They are a member union of RA and may not be able to sever that relationship without winding up the union as an incorporated body.

To do that sounds good, but what about the assets? Typically, they would not be available to hold in trust or gift to another body, they are usually transferred to the parent body.

C'mon the

vCash
    True. But AAP still has to have some reputation of Truthfulness and Integrity. The staff reporter must be working from a Press Release from somewhere.
    I'm not sure if it's the case everywhere, but with sales falling and advertising income crashing, some news outlets have been cutting their staff to the bone and journalists simply don't have time to do much more than regurgitate press releases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the case everywhere, but with sales falling and advertising income crashing, some news outlets have been cutting their staff to the bone and journalists simply don't have time to do much more than regurgitate press releases.
    Or throw half a dozen Twitter posts into a news article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Or throw half a dozen Twitter posts into a news article.
    That too!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast