Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: WA Reds NRL Bid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WA sport fan View Post
    "... NIB Stadium just needs some more undercover seating which they'll get when the renovations happen."
    What do you want undercover seating for - it never rains here!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    What do you want undercover seating for - it never rains here!
    To keep the sun out?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Had a chat with a mate last week, he was a bit sheepish, but did say he was VERY confident the WA Reds would get the gig over the other options. His mail was that all CEO's had voted in favour of WA last week and it would only be a matter of time before it is announced "officially". He also said he had been signed up by ABC radio to commentate for the 2013 League season.....smoke and fire for mine

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    What does the WA Reds bring to the NRL?

We bring a whole new audience in the most affluent city in Australia. We bring new fans, new national exposure, new jnrs, new TV slots, new market for NRL clubs sponsors. We basically bring things that no other bid can offer. We have the stadium, we have the fanbase, we have the potential. We lack major $ backers at this point.

To suggest Melbourne bring nothing when they are the most watched pay TV RL club in the country and brought 900k viewers to a GF is a bit of a joke and very ignorant of why News continue to invest in the Storm! Melbourne have no debt.

vCash
    Sponsors on board with the Reds:
    Bartercard
    Cash Converters
    Harvey Norman
    SEW Eurodrive
    Centre Ford
    Geoff Baldwin Realty Group
    Unirig
    All Finance Osborne Park
    Belhus Racing Stables
    CMS Events
    DHL Global Forwarding
    Lion Nathan
    Fuller Fitness
    Havilah Legal
    Muldoon Tiles
    Perth Now
    Premium IT
    Quick Colour Print
    Shark Sports
    Starworld Memorabilia
    Sully's Painting
    TDH Insurance Services
    Victor Sports
    WA Cleanskin Cellars
    WebPIXEL
    WA Govt Dept of sport and Rec
    Nova
    Innovative hair loss
    Remax

vCash
    New supporters group logo with kangaroo looking angrily towards the east.

vCash
    I'm really trying hard to be polite but this is really making me

Last edited by KenyaQuin; 28-01-11 at 00:23.

vCash
    No new NRL team for 'at least six years'

Brent Read and Peter Kogoy From: The Australian January 28, 2011 12:00AM

ANY player looking to join an expanded NRL competition will have to wait at least six years, according to Michael Searle, the architect of the Gold Coast Titans and the league's new independent commission.

Searle was responding to news that a consortium was well advanced with plans to establish a second Brisbane team in 2013

Searle said the earliest a new team would be added to the competition would be 2017.

"With seven potential suitors, from Port Moresby, Rockhampton, Ipswich, Central Coast, Perth, Wellington, New Zealand and now Brisbane, it is hard to frame a market in such a congested field," he said. "But they will have to be in it for the long haul and have a real passion for the game.

"What I don't want to see happen with three rival bidders coming out of Queensland is for them to pull down the Broncos temple.

"The Titans have shown since we first came into the league in 2007 that we are built on a sustainable business model.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
    End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
    "Not once have we asked for a handout from the NRL, while the AFL is propping up the Suns and the Giants in western Sydney with $20 million handouts.

"Rugby league has shown itself to be sustainable in a challenging marketplace like Queensland."

Craig Davison, 53, yesterday quit his post after eight years as chairman of the Thoroughbreds, a Broncos-aligned coterie, to be the public face of the second Brisbane bid team.

Davison, who has built an outdoor furniture empire from scratch, says he can use the business model to establish a second rugby league team in Brisbane.

Davison, along with fellow Broncos minority shareholders John Geaney and Tony Scanlon, had sought a seat on the board of the publicly listed company, but they were apparently unsuccessful.

The three Queensland business identities own a combined 25 per cent stake in the team and are now looking to sell the stock.

Shares in the Broncos have traded between 40c and 26c in the past year and closed yesterday at 32.5c, valuing the company at $31.3 million.

"The shareholding that we own in the Broncos in three separate bundles has been in the marketplace since late last year," Davison said.

Yesterday The Australian saw a draft document outlining the Davison consortium's plans for the second Brisbane club to play at Suncorp Stadium.

It linked former Origin greats Wally Lewis and Mal Meninga as ambassadors for the new Brisbane bid. But Lewis and Meninga, in Sydney last night to play in an Origin legends fundraiser for Queensland flood victims, denied having any contact with the Davison group.

"What you've seen is a draft piece of paper with their names added first without speaking to them. But all will be revealed at a media conference in Brisbane on February 21," Davison said.

Crucially, the Brisbane franchise will be privately owned, as opposed to the rival southeast Queensland bid based in Ipswich.

The 10-page Powerpoint presentation titled "NRL expansion bid ownership opportunity" states that 40 shares will be issued at a cost of $500,000 each, guaranteeing the club $20 million to help set up its operations.

The club would play at Suncorp Stadium, but is in negotiations on a training facility.

The document provides a proposed timeline of 2013 for NRL expansion, something not confirmed by NRL chief executive David Gallop.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225995760309

Another opinion....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    I'm really trying hard to be polite but this is really making me
    There is no need to be polite - or post anything at all. If you ar sick of the spamathon skip the thread.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    No new NRL team for 'at least six years'

Brent Read and Peter Kogoy From: The Australian January 28, 2011 12:00AM

ANY player looking to join an expanded NRL competition will have to wait at least six years, according to Michael Searle, the architect of the Gold Coast Titans and the league's new independent commission.

Searle was responding to news that a consortium was well advanced with plans to establish a second Brisbane team in 2013

Searle said the earliest a new team would be added to the competition would be 2017.

"With seven potential suitors, from Port Moresby, Rockhampton, Ipswich, Central Coast, Perth, Wellington, New Zealand and now Brisbane, it is hard to frame a market in such a congested field," he said. "But they will have to be in it for the long haul and have a real passion for the game.

"What I don't want to see happen with three rival bidders coming out of Queensland is for them to pull down the Broncos temple.

"The Titans have shown since we first came into the league in 2007 that we are built on a sustainable business model.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
    End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
    "Not once have we asked for a handout from the NRL, while the AFL is propping up the Suns and the Giants in western Sydney with $20 million handouts.

"Rugby league has shown itself to be sustainable in a challenging marketplace like Queensland."

Craig Davison, 53, yesterday quit his post after eight years as chairman of the Thoroughbreds, a Broncos-aligned coterie, to be the public face of the second Brisbane bid team.

Davison, who has built an outdoor furniture empire from scratch, says he can use the business model to establish a second rugby league team in Brisbane.

Davison, along with fellow Broncos minority shareholders John Geaney and Tony Scanlon, had sought a seat on the board of the publicly listed company, but they were apparently unsuccessful.

The three Queensland business identities own a combined 25 per cent stake in the team and are now looking to sell the stock.

Shares in the Broncos have traded between 40c and 26c in the past year and closed yesterday at 32.5c, valuing the company at $31.3 million.

"The shareholding that we own in the Broncos in three separate bundles has been in the marketplace since late last year," Davison said.

Yesterday The Australian saw a draft document outlining the Davison consortium's plans for the second Brisbane club to play at Suncorp Stadium.

It linked former Origin greats Wally Lewis and Mal Meninga as ambassadors for the new Brisbane bid. But Lewis and Meninga, in Sydney last night to play in an Origin legends fundraiser for Queensland flood victims, denied having any contact with the Davison group.

"What you've seen is a draft piece of paper with their names added first without speaking to them. But all will be revealed at a media conference in Brisbane on February 21," Davison said.

Crucially, the Brisbane franchise will be privately owned, as opposed to the rival southeast Queensland bid based in Ipswich.

The 10-page Powerpoint presentation titled "NRL expansion bid ownership opportunity" states that 40 shares will be issued at a cost of $500,000 each, guaranteeing the club $20 million to help set up its operations.

The club would play at Suncorp Stadium, but is in negotiations on a training facility.

The document provides a proposed timeline of 2013 for NRL expansion, something not confirmed by NRL chief executive David Gallop.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225995760309

Another opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by Kool87 View Post
    I think his article is a fair call in regards to the Queensland bids and the need for careful and consideried expansion in the backyard of an existing club, but probably a little less relevant for the CC Bears bid for obvious reasons

I do also think he is correct in that we need to thoroughly entrench our two existing expansion clubs in Melbourne and the Gold Coast, before we focus so agressively on even further expansion. The Titans are still doing it pretty tough on a liquidity of funds level, and Melbourne, which has always lost heavily despite overwhelming on field succes, is about to face its toughest period in the history of the club, so if Searle is worried about shoreing up those efforts as a first priority, then I do support him in that
    I agree Kool87, i have been saying this for a while now. The QLD Sports market (particularly South East Queensland) has changed a lot in the past 5 years, lots of new teams in a lot of different sports. It is less relevant to teams outside of Queensland.

The journalist who the article is misleading the public, unfortunately this has been down to play on peoples emotions. Below is the quotes out of that story from Searle only:

Now, that is a lot different to what the article and the headline lead the reader to believe. This is nothing less then poor journalism.

vCash
    Leading NRL player (some say the 'best') Johnathan Thurston has called for a expansion into WA over another Brisbane team.

Full story here: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...127-1a70m.html

A little bit from that story surrounding Thurston (who is a proud Queenslander, a Queensland Origin player and an Australian representive)

Thurston said his preference was in the west. ''I don't think another team in Queensland would really work,'' the Cowboys halfback said. ''With the timeslots for Fox Sports and everything, my personal thinking is Perth. The 7.30pm game over there would be telecast here live at 9.30pm, so they could play back-to-back live games on it.''

vCash
    WA supporters expansion logo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    He was a bit sheepish, but did say he was VERY confident the WA Reds
    Go the Sheep!

Quote Originally Posted by WA sport fan
    I agree Kool87, i have been saying this for a while now.
    Originally Posted by Kool87
    I think his article is a fair call
    I don't know at what point multiple posts on the same subject become spam. But I would suggest a cut and paste job from another forum made to look like it's from this one might be getting close. This is foremost a Rugby supporters site and most of us Mungo supporters around here respect that (well most of the time, anyway ).

If you really are just trying to keep the denizens of this joint informed and interested, well and good. But I'd suggest trying to spam them into submission might turn out to be a phyrric victory at best. You'll get your message out there, but nobody will hear it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Go the Sheep!

I don't know at what point multiple posts on the same subject become spam. But I would suggest a cut and paste job from another forum made to look like it's from this one might be getting close. This is foremost a Rugby supporters site and most of us Mungo supporters around here respect that (well most of the time, anyway ).

If you really are just trying to keep the denizens of this joint informed and interested, well and good. But I'd suggest trying to spam them into submission might turn out to be a phyrric victory at best. You'll get your message out there, but nobody will hear it.

Any publicity is good publicity, the only reason i did was because i didn't want to re-type the post.

The information is there for all to see, that is the main objective. I don't really give a rat's arse how it gets out there, just that it is out there.

re-posting my response to another poster from another forum on this site is just like re-posting one of my interviews in a lot of forums, i don't see a problem with it. But i will take it down if too many people are experiencing problems with the thing in question.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WA mungo spammer
    I don't really give a rat's arse how it gets out there, just that it is out there.
    It won't be out there for long with that attitude ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast