Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Force v Crusaders 8th April 2016

vCash
    Foley was chatting to some people in the crowd after full time but I didn't see any players come over.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    He can't fix it
    They need to sit down hold hands and watch the mighty ducks
    followed by Miracle on Ice, if that don't work, ... A League of Their Own

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Foley was chatting to some people in the crowd after full time but I didn't see any players come over.
    They came over a bit later to the main stand. Grant, Taps, Hodgo, Alcock, Morahan. There may have been more but I thought they did very well.

I agree I didn't notice it previous weeks but to be fair I was most likely walking out in deep depression.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    They came over a bit later to the main stand. Grant, Taps, Hodgo, Alcock, Morahan. There may have been more but I thought they did very well.

I agree I didn't notice it previous weeks but to be fair I was most likely walking out in deep depression.
    The only reason I saw Foley come over was because there was a line to exit the main stand so we waiting for it to clear.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    The only reason I saw Foley come over was because there was a line to exit the main stand so we waiting for it to clear.
    Yep and look at the reaction from players when he was telling them how well they went!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    You were not the only one. Not to mention the Chiefs and Highlanders supporters.
    As well as Hurricanes/Blues/Allblacks/random NZ club jersey wearers. Travelled home on the train with them

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    Andrew thank you for your feedback
    I do spend a bit of time in the business world, it is full a worldly and colourful people it's full of sharks that would read between your lines
    I wish you all the best in your endeavours as you seem to be to far up the food chain for me
    Hopefully your not involved with the force as it wouldn't bode well for future business
    Insider, I don't know who you are but your posts to andrewg seem to be bordering on the personal and offensive which is a shame. These sorts of personal remarks never used to happen on this forum. By the way I don't know andrewg either

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    The reality is we didn't deserve to win the game. If their passes stuck we would have been beaten by 20+.

As has already been mentioned, they effectively had an All Black tight five. And Read at No 8. And All Blacks on the bench.

We got to where we were - even with the missed tackles, poor scrum and poor linnet - through pure ticker. I loved the pressure we put on them after half time.

Many teams go into their shell after taking a lead so we were no different. And the Crusaders were more desperate in the final minutes.

I am usually more disappointed at a close loss, but I think with the squad we have, that was an amazing result.

vCash
    All those calling for Foley's haven't been able to find a successor but Stuart Lancaster seems available.
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...thern-comfort/
    Not sure if his credentials are any better though!

May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    Agree with some of the below. As per most weeks we showed a lot of heart and effort. However a win would have papered over a lot of cracks.

- We still don't look like scoring a try. We seem to go side to side without getting over the gain line and in a lot of instances go backwards. We actually looked like we ran out of ideas in that game, went side to side then kicked it out of frustration. As a team our attack doesn't look like all the players are on the same page.
    - line out was diabolical and meant we turnover a ton of ball.
    - scrum struggled, injuries didn't help.
    - Kick chase still poor, usually Haylett-Petty chasing his own kicks by himself. A lot of kicks straight to the Crusaders back three.

The Force hang in and challenge in these games through sheer effort and heart despite being terribly coached.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    The reality is we didn't deserve to win the game. If their passes stuck we would have been beaten by 20+.

As has already been mentioned, they effectively had an All Black tight five. And Read at No 8. And All Blacks on the bench.

We got to where we were - even with the missed tackles, poor scrum and poor linnet - through pure ticker. I loved the pressure we put on them after half time.

Many teams go into their shell after taking a lead so we were no different. And the Crusaders were more desperate in the final minutes.

I am usually more disappointed at a close loss, but I think with the squad we have, that was an amazing result.

vCash
    We can't be to hard on the boys, they had that match with 2 minutes to go and then lost a scrum penalty. I wasn't completely focused on the scrum as I had a distraction, but I thought I was watching the Force put in a good heave and rolled the Crusaders backwards, but somehow the crusaders got the penalty. Can someone clarify for me what that was for? I probably missed something.

From that the Crusaders kicked for touch, won the lineout, and barged over nearby soon after. That's all it took.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The pu dits and bookies had us to lose by between 20 and plenty. It was agood effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper1 View Post
    We can't be to hard on the boys, they had that match with 2 minutes to go and then lost a scrum penalty. I wasn't completely focused on the scrum as I had a distraction, but I thought I was watching the Force put in a good heave and rolled the Crusaders backwards, but somehow the crusaders got the penalty. Can someone clarify for me what that was for? I probably missed something.

From that the Crusaders kicked for touch, won the lineout, and barged over nearby soon after. That's all it took.
    last scrum penalty was for the front row putting his knees on the ground.
    Loosehead Prop If I remember correctly.

Champion
    vCash
    We need to get our lineout right and exit our 22 better. Not many teams can hold out defending their own try line for nearly 10 mins without conceding points at some stage. Apart from that it was a huge effort to almost snatch the win. For most of the game we looked a bit lethargic after 3 weeks on the road and we hung tough when the game could've gotten away from us. The kick chase wasn't as good as the week before but the crusaders weren't that keen on running it back so it sort of worked out. Apart from the lineouts our forwards did well against an All Blacks quality tight five at scrum time considering injuries to 2 of our 5 front rowers meant Van Wyk and Tessman had to play longer than expected.
    Need to sort the lineout though, we havent lost that many lineouts on our own throw for a long time.

vCash
    Lineout has been toilet for at least 12 months

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast