Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: SUPER RUGBY – WEEK 3: WESTERN FORCE V BRUMBIES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Think we tried that and that didn't work! Just look at all the names we've had and not done anything special.
    We've had some top players play for us, but generally it's been one or two, we've never had a situation where we have had 8 or 9 international players playing week in and week out. Chucking a player of JOC's talent in a mediocre backline is not going to do very much, we need 4 JOC's. Or at least players of JOC's talent without the off-field shenanigans. Trying to analyze a game pointing out where the Force went wrong is futile when the opposition are bigger, quicker, stronger, more powerful, more experienced, with better skills..

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    I still maintain had they kicked the 5 kickable penalties it would have been 29-27 to the Force. They should have been patient and kicked all the points they were given.
    Sorry to be negative but we would not have got 5 kickable penalties if we had taken the 1st as we would have gone back to a restart.. The game would have taken a new phase of play.. We as fans have been critical of the force taking the easy shots so now we have to be paitent. 21 points down I suspose you got nothing to loose and we needed big points not 3 points... On that I think a Yellow card for Moores knock down would have been a better result.. I heard the ref say he was in a position to regather '''' What a joke he was crawling thru the ruck and had no chance of regathering...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It was all pretty simple stuff that lost them the match. One on one tackling was weak - we had to commit two tacklers to stop their ballcarriers, if we only had 1v1, they got over the advantage line. They only took one tackler to stop our ballcarriers. Lost the contact situation throughout the whole first half.

The Force's passing was abysmal. How can a professional team pass so poorly, usually under no pressure? What exactly do they work in in training? I struggle to figure out whether our backs are just impotent, or if its because they constantly get poor passes behind them, at their knees, etc., and are never taking the ball in front of them, at pace.

It did seem that when they got the ball into the wider channels, they made ground. If they don't have the beef or technique to play in close, perhaps they need to play wider. That is, if they can actually pass the ball out to those wider channels.

Senior Player
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    With all the financial strife rugby union is in here in Australia, does anyone else feel nervous about how much longer we will continue to have a S15 franchise in Perth, despite Pulver's assurances to the contrary?
    And then there's the attendance at nib - 10,500 on Saturday night.
    I'm in Africa, so I don't know if there were other factors which affected that attendance - pissing with rain, still 40C at 7 PM?
    Usually, the attendances at nib start off ok but dwindle as the Force keeps losing.
    If it goes the same way this year, then 10,500 is a low base from which to start a decline in attendance.

Osaka Force in a couple of years time?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    I'm in Africa, so I don't know if there were other factors which affected that attendance - pissing with rain, still 40C at 7 PM?
    Usually, the attendances at nib start off ok but dwindle as the Force keeps losing.
    If it goes the same way this year, then 10,500 is a low base from which to start a decline in attendance.

Osaka Force in a couple of years time?
    My worry is that other teams are going to start saying "what's the point in forking out all that money on travel to fly to Perth just to get another win!". The ARU is having to bail out the franchise's so indirectly they are paying the travel costs! Simple save money dump the Force!
    The only way we can stop this is by winning and having good crowd attendance.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    It was all pretty simple stuff that lost them the match. One on one tackling was weak - we had to commit two tacklers to stop their ballcarriers, if we only had 1v1, they got over the advantage line. They only took one tackler to stop our ballcarriers. Lost the contact situation throughout the whole first half.

The Force's passing was abysmal. How can a professional team pass so poorly, usually under no pressure? What exactly do they work in in training? I struggle to figure out whether our backs are just impotent, or if its because they constantly get poor passes behind them, at their knees, etc., and are never taking the ball in front of them, at pace.

It did seem that when they got the ball into the wider channels, they made ground. If they don't have the beef or technique to play in close, perhaps they need to play wider. That is, if they can actually pass the ball out to those wider channels.
    I thought our biggest problem in defense was the zero line speed. We were tackling the Brumbies at the gain line. We were also not gang tackling efficiently (should not be done as an afterthought). I don't know if I agree about the Brumbies only needing one defender. I often noticed that they used two, but what that meant was that we didn't get over the advantage line, slow ball, predictable attack.

Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Long weekend? A lot of people travel south for those. Should have scheduled the game for a Friday night.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Other factor for attendance is that it was an Australian derby. Our better attended games are NZ teams, SA teams, Aus teams in that order.

vCash
    I'm sure we will have a sell out on the 22nd when the Cheifs come to town

The long weekend wouldn't have helped but the crowd was disappointing any way you look at it.

If the Force keep losing the crowds are going to get much bigger except when a Kiwi side comes to town and even then it be an extra home game for that side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    RR what's your take on the scrums? After the engage call can you push or must you wait for the ball to be put in? It seems a cluster f@rk to me at present.
    You have to wait for ball to be in. Scrums sre much better than last year.

WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Alby tried the tap and go once and was called back by the Ref!
    yeah I remember that. He was about 5m away from mark. A silly error from a professional player. Should have been quick to the mark and then away.

WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

Player
    vCash
    I was disappointed to hear a few boo's as the team left the ground at half time. We are not Waratahs fans, we do NOT boo our team! Also when Benny Mac was receiving his his MOM award some guy threw his screwed up programme at the foot of the stand he was being interviewed from. That sort of behaviour towards a player who tried his heart out is not acceptable. Felt sorry for Ben having to face up after the end of the game. Of course I was disappointed with the way the first half was played but I will still support the team!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    We need more money. It is that simple.

More money = better player recruitment.
    More money = better coaches.
    More money = no chance of the Force being dumped.

How you get it and how you use it are the difficult bits.

vCash
    Wouldn't it be great to have Sharpie back as a coach - natural born leader, great motivator and wide experience in the game. They say that a great player doesn't mean a great coach but what have we got to lose.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Is Dwayne Nestor coaching the Force now? I saw him in the coaches box sitting next to Foley during the game so assumed he was assisting. Can anyone shed any light?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numberate View Post
    Is Dwayne Nestor coaching the Force now? I saw him in the coaches box sitting next to Foley during the game so assumed he was assisting. Can anyone shed any light?
    Think he is junior elite coach?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast