Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Waratahs vs Force - SR R2 Sunday 23 February 2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    Does anyone know the place kicking stats from yesterday? Can't find them anywhere
    1 of 2 conversions and 3 of 4 penalties

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Conversions 1 from 2
    Penalties 3 from 4
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...id=SRU20140207

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Champion
    vCash
    O.K. - Who or when is someone going to ask the refs to issue a yellow on a first offence???

The first rolling maul Hodgo had the ball at the back and was heading to the line when taken out from the side by Dennis. Professional, cynical, try saving ploy.

Should have resulted in a penalty try and yellow card - . Please referees, all professional players have been playing the game long enough to be fairly pinged on the first infringement.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    The trial matches were a joke and no real competition. Big problem tonight was the starting team. Wykes shouldn't be anywhere near a starting jersey. He cant take the ball into contact or make any metres. Hayward was one of the better players last year but wasn't even in the squad. Too much one out play, no depth in the backline. Get the ball to your game winners.....that would be badger, junor, morahan and godwin. Way to quiet.
    Once again, Junior is not up to his potential. I am yet to see him accelerate directly into contact. Some maori sides steps from him would be good. See Cummins, hits hard and fast into the defender. Most times goes over one and over the gain line.

On that note. Cummins needs to learn to fend when he doesn't have his speed up.

I cannot bring myself to comment on the game... WAY to many depressing things, and no positives...

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    O.K. - Who or when is someone going to ask the refs to issue a yellow on a first offence???

The first rolling maul Hodgo had the ball at the back and was heading to the line when taken out from the side by Dennis. Professional, cynical, try saving ploy.

Should have resulted in a penalty try and yellow card - . Please referees, all professional players have been playing the game long enough to be fairly pinged on the first infringement.
    I was screaming the same thing at the tv. It was Kane Douglas and I thought it was totally cynical. Maybe not a penalty try but I thought it should of been yellow. We would have driven over the line if not for that. Tah's were very cynical with there penalties when we got close to their line.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    I was screaming the same thing at the tv. It was Kane Douglas and I thought it was totally cynical. Maybe not a penalty try but I thought it should of been yellow. We would have driven over the line if not for that. Tah's were very cynical with there penalties when we got close to their line.
    I think a lot of people were saying that.

I said that a penalty would have been an appropriate response for them collapsing the maul, but a yellow for someone to go around the side and purposely tackle the man holding the ball is an absolute professional foul, designed to stop the player getting over the try line and absolutely stop any movement of the game.

BAM! - BIN!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

We played way too sh!t to justify criticising the refs.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    We fell away in the last 15 minutes. That was probably to be expected considering our preparation compared to the tahs.

As predicated, the tahs killed us in broken play situations. Have no idea why they kept bombing it to Folau. It seems like it was a deliberate tactic.

Our backline was mainly disorganised. Holmes needs to yell at the backline more to get them into position. He needs to work on his kicking as well he missed two very gettable kicks at goal. He didn't look much better than Ebersohn TBH. I hope our systems improve.

Our wingers did not see enough of the ball. How many times did Dellit see the ball in an attacking situation?

Both teams made a lot of errors, yet the tahs still put on six tries. They will have a good season if they can play to their potential. I thought the only real position where we were better was 12.

Even though it is very early days it was a bit of a worry that our backrow didn't really get over the top of the tahs. McCalman had a good game as always, but 6 and 7 were not better than the tahs 6 & 7. Their pack wore us down I feel. I think also that this game showed why Alcock has to start as we rely on him to get over the ad line. Hodgson defended well but his metres gained was not great. The tahs forward pack, especially Palu beat us there.

The Brumbies will be less adventurous but will still be very dangerous. Hopefully after a hard away match we will have sharpened our edge and our combinations in the backline will fire. Hope Stander is OK. Bring on next week!

vCash
    Stander has been cleared of any serious injury thank goodness. He's being monitored this week.

I understand that the stretchering off is to be standard practice now for head & neck injuries. Good thing imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Stander has been cleared of any serious injury thank goodness. He's being monitored this week.

I understand that the stretchering off is to be standard practice now for head & neck injuries. Good thing imo.
    Yeah they did it with Cooper in the last trial and he was fine played in the next game.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Their attack through the backs was nonexistent. When they did get the ball, they were standing flat-footed. Nobody running onto a pass, nobody running any lines - just flat-footed, straight into a defender. For mine, I would've been running our blind wingers through Beale and Foley, if they wanted to keep it somewhat conservative.

Someone on the Roar picked Wykes in their Aussie team of the week - I found that very interesting, to say the least.

vCash
    Was it that "guru" guy who wrote that pile of kak about us recently?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Someone on the Roar picked Wykes in their Aussie team of the week - I found that very interesting, to say the least.
    Wykes was on the field?

Must have borrowed Ritche's cloak of invisibility

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Was it that "guru" guy who wrote that pile of kak about us recently?!
    http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/02/25...m-of-the-week/

I shouldn't have expected much from a guy who's pen name is "Who Needs Melon".

Player
    vCash
    The 13 channel is the hardest to defend, so someone who really understands that position needs to be there. that person is not Junior.
    The team probably should have shook hands with each other before they ran on the field because it didn't look like they had played together for awhile.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast