Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force V Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    The difference between the sides, especially in the first half was there for all to see. Their back line was breathtaking
    Yeah, when it clicked it was like a well oiled machine. Haven't got time to watch again today, but they seemed to make great use of decoy runners. At times I was surprised our blokes managed to read and defend it. No lack of ticker there. Attacking nouse is obviously, as always, the problem.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I know I'm one of the few but I have been a fan of Brache simply because he always does make the effort from kickoff to put pressure on the receiver. Last night his efforts paid off. He seems to have a very fluid running style, seems to be floating above the ground when he's at full flight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    I'm sorry to say that if this doesn't seal the deal for Foley, then what does? Force forums are now sounding like a repeat of the Reds forums I hate to say. Do the Force want to wait until every supporter (including the diehards) walks away or take some action NOW. Personally I'd rather put my money towards the local club rugby games where at least we see some positive play and I don't feel ripped off just even buying a drink at 4 times the price. And it's hard seeing the guys going out every week and getting sledged.
    Foley won't be going anywhere until at least the end of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Token decisions? It's either a penalty or it's not. If a team is getting flogged and the result in a foregone conclusion, are you saying the ref should pack the whistle away, as any further infringements don't matter?

Yellow card was for incorrect entry. Ref spoke to Hodgo a minute before this where #3 & #1 had incorrectly entered. They played advantage away from one,
    Sorry to disagree, sir. The referee clearly carded for collapsing. "This is the third collapse, so that's 4 penalties at line out time." Hodgo asked "Isn't it a sack?" "No it's a collapse", as he produced the card. He referred that the other infringements, including one side entry and one collapse were in the first half. So after 4 in 52 minutes even the Fox mob were surprised a warning didn't come first.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Agree.
    But jeez its Russian roulette with damaging results, declining crowds, unattractive playing style with only handful of differing players weekly putting their hand up.
    Solution! Remove foley now ( you just have to )or he recognises the situation which would be helpful for the organisstion, let assistants have an opportunity to perform then make a decision at end of year on their future.
    Sun wolves just maybe the should he/I stay should he/I go.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    If he had any guts he would fall on his sword.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    @Ecky, what's the deal with not calling line out throws that are clearly not straight sir?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Were they contested?

vCash
    Usual Ruck Stats

Name:  2016-04-30_11-58-47.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  187.5 KB

Name:  2016-04-30_11-57-51.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  63.9 KB

The Bulls weren't just too good on the night - THEY WERE JUST TOO GOOD.

The Bulls out-sized and out-muscled the Force in almost every position and were more effective in most facets of the game. Played with cohesion and continuous support.
    Our set piece held its own against a Springbok standard outfit. But had to work hard to do so.
    117 Tackles at 93% compared to the Force's 62 tackles at 78%.
    The Force's 16 Penalties to 8 for the Bulls tells another story.

The Ruck Involvements display the usual main contributors.
    I reckon that they are one of the best indicators of work rate and effort.
    They can often show the players who have a strong team focus rather than self focus.
    Check out those who actually lifted, or maintained their involvement in the 2nd half (for me a good indication of "ticker").

Hodgo moving back to something like his normal self after last week (when I reckon he must have been recovering from some bug. Did anybody else see him dry retching as he was coming off last week??). He had a team high 16 Tackles (zero missed) and 2 Turn Overs Won (TOW). The Force only had 5 TOW.

The Bulls out-worked the Force at the breakdown (and we don't see that too often). Bulls had 14 TOW.

The next most tackles for the Force was Benny McM with 8 and then Dane H-P with 6, Scoble and Coleman 5 then Prior with 4.

Dane H-P had 15 carries for 95m - pretty good in a losing side.
    He combined well with Morahan.
    Gobsmacked that Rasolea is carrying so much weight/and was so slow that he couldn't make that try with some smart move at the end (or maybe by having another Back running support)
    Rusty impressed with his first run-on game.
    Matuauto will be better player for the experience and didn't seem phased by the opposition.
    Liking the energy and passion that Coleman has added to his game.
    Rapt that Kyle could continue his return with a try. Did others notice how well he was kicking on goal during the warm-up?
    Prior didn't let us down with his first run-on for the Force at 10. His kick on goal is now 5/5 - with the team still kicking at 94%.

Some strong Ruck Involvements from many of the Backs including: Prior - 16; Morahan (1TOW) & Rasolea - 11; DHP and Matuauto - 9; Brache (1TOW) - 8; Godwin - 7.

Refs continue to NOT CALL the grabbing of players around the neck/head in rucks.

For me this game changed little.
    The guys did very well to stay as close as Force 13:18 Bulls at half time.
    2 tries scored during Stander's Yellow Card.
    We just haven't the depth in the squad and missing a hand-full of key players including the essential "finishers".

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 30-04-16 at 12:46.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Usual Ruck Stats

Name:  2016-04-30_11-58-47.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  187.5 KB

Name:  2016-04-30_11-57-51.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  63.9 KB

The Bulls weren't just too good on the night - THEY WERE JUST TOO GOOD.

The Bulls out-sized and out-muscled the Force in almost every position and were more effective in most facets of the game. Played with cohesion and continuous support.
    Our set piece held its own against a Springbok standard outfit. But had to work hard to do so.
    117 Tackles at 93% compared to the Force's 62 tackles at 78%.
    The Force's 16 Penalties to 8 for the Bulls tells another story.

The Ruck Involvements display the usual main contributors.
    I reckon that they are one of the best indicators of work rate and effort.
    They can often show the players who have a strong team focus rather than self focus.
    Check out those who actually lifted, or maintained their involvement in the 2nd half (for me a good indication of "ticker").

Hodgo moving back to something like his normal self after last week (when I reckon he must have been recovering from some bug. Did anybody else see him dry retching as he was coming off last week??). He had a team high 16 Tackles (zero missed) and 2 Turn Overs Won (TOW). The Force only had 5 TOW.

The Bulls out-worked the Force at the breakdown (and we don't see that too often). Bulls had 14 TOW.

The next most tackles for the Force was Benny McM with 8 and then Dane H-P with 6, Scoble and Coleman 5 then Prior with 4.

Dane H-P had 15 carries for 95m - pretty good in a losing side.
    He combined well with Morahan.
    Gobsmacked that Rasolea is carrying so much weight/and was so slow that he couldn't make that try with some smart move at the end (or maybe by having another Back running support)
    Rusty impressed with his first run-on game.
    Matuauto will be better player for the experience and didn't seem phased by the opposition.
    Liking the energy and passion that Coleman has added to his game.
    Rapt that Kyle could continue his return with a try. Did others notice how well he was kicking on goal during the warm-up?
    Prior didn't let us down with his first run-on for the Force at 10. His kick on goal is now 5/5 - with the team still kicking at 94%.

Some strong Ruck Involvements from many of the Backs including: Prior - 16; Morahan (1TOW) & Rasolea - 11; DHP and Matuauto - 9; Brache (1TOW) - 8; Godwin - 7.

Refs continue to NOT CALL the grabbing of players around the neck/head in rucks.

For me this game changed little.
    The guys did very well to stay as close as Force 13:18 Bulls at half time.
    2 tries scored during Stander's Yellow Card.
    We just haven't the depth in the squad and missing a hand-full of key players including the essential "finishers".
    Sh can you pleas tell me how many passes DHP made? He carried 15 times kicked how many? And passed how many?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Sh can you pleas tell me how many passes DHP made? He carried 15 times kicked how many? And passed how many?
    He never has anyone to pass too as everyone just watches him. It's like if we every make a line break there is never any support ever.

DHP would be absolute gun in a good team (already a good player)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    @Ecky, what's the deal with not calling line out throws that are clearly not straight sir?
    That would have been part of his pre-match brief with his two ARs. Looks like he said he would judge that aspect. AR may call it if clear & obvious (as opposed to marginal, or only clear to a supporter )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    DH-P: 11 kicks; 6 passes; 1 off load.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    DH-P: 11 kicks; 6 passes; 1 off load.
    So 26 involvements out of 33 were individual!
    Not sure if you have the data on other fullbacks actions to compare how effective they are with their action and involvements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Sorry to disagree, sir. The referee clearly carded for collapsing. "This is the third collapse, so that's 4 penalties at line out time." Hodgo asked "Isn't it a sack?" "No it's a collapse", as he produced the card. He referred that the other infringements, including one side entry and one collapse were in the first half. So after 4 in 52 minutes even the Fox mob were surprised a warning didn't come first.
    Disagree away; to your heart's content
    Please don't take the Fox mob's opinion as gospel.
    I was with Sprogrugby and we discussed for some time, but both agreed the sinbin was ok.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast