Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition Discussion

vCash
    Need a working printer and the cable, i've got the cable hahahahaha

i'm pretty sure it's mainly for hooking it up to those home photo printers for the printing of photos.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jargan83; 13-02-08 at 10:13.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'd stay with old fashioned pen and paper - emails could likely be accepted and added in to the written petition.

RugbyWA should probably be contacted, I'd think they would assist silently if they can, although things may take too long.

I'm with Coach. We need to slow down just a touch here. Contact RWA first, get the wording agreed, decide on a time period for signatures and a date for presentation to the pollies. Then the forms could be printed at home where possible and bunches of them left at "the shop" etc for collection.

I'd suggest taking some to Brittania and other playing venues once the juniors start. Sitting in a shopping centre for a few hours could be an idea. I'm volunteering to do both of those in Mandurah if my roster fits and the managers agree.

You only really get one shot at things like this so we'd better do it properly.

vCash
    Definately agree shasta

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    For mine, the key is more likely to be who rather than how many. But in either case, you may find that RWA will be less that enthusiastic - they have to maintain a working relationship with the Government to have even the chance of affecting the direction the new stadium takes. If they're perceived as white-anting, they could end up losing out completely (not that there isn't already that risk).

Mind you, I would like to see them exploring alternatives with the Government such as a two stadium facility integrating a reconfigured Subi oval. I genuinely believe that would be the best possible outcome, both financially and for the various sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    what about the wording, can you get those lawyers to re write it so that nobody can understand a word of it??
    Alternatively i could get them to draft a contract which no one can understand which establishes a rectangular stadium at Kitchener Park and present that to the Government for signing?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    you may find that RWA will be less that enthusiastic - they have to maintain a working relationship with the Government to have even the chance of affecting the direction the new stadium takes.
    Spot on. If RWA don't give it a green light it's dead in then water for mine.

vCash
    Not neccesarily, then we present the petition to RWA first to show them that the support is there for a stadium and that alot of Force fans are upset with their handling of this matter

vCash
    If they disagree or whatever, just say that we're looking to conduct some market research to see how much support a rectangular stadium generates among rugby and other sports fans. Also, to see how feasible it would be to have a dedicated, reasonably-sized rectangular stadium for these sports and their fans.

It might be an idea for a pitch to Football West as well???

vCash
    Jehna, You may just be onto something there!

More seriously though, Coach is quite right in reminding us to have a strategy in place before we start collecting signatures willy-nilly. The momentum we have going here at the moment is fantasic and now is a great time to put that enthusiasm into creating an effective framework to work off for the next couple of months (and that enough "soft skills" courses for me for a while )I don't pretend to know anything much about harnessing 'people power', so I hope someone who does can improve on whats to follow, but here's what I had identified as the issues we need to decide our take on while in this planning phase:

1) Wording- This is travelling along nicely and if we don't already have the final wording I dare say we're very close to it. There is a section on the parliment's website about the correct wording for a petition to presented to the legislative assembly.
    2) Who this is addressed to- Government (obviously), someone else has mentioned the opposition- with the next State election due as early as June I think this is a good idea. Also how long before we present it to the powers that be?
    3) Sporting bodies support- RugbyWA/Glory(Soccer Association)/WA Rugby League etc. I'd like to think RugbyWA could provide 'in principle' support, but given their previously stated support for the Kitchener Park development, they'd probably do themselves political damage if they came out in support of a separate retangular development now

Finally, then we can look at locations to get the petition signed
    Superstore/Games- Will likely need support from RugbyWA to do this, unless Seldom and Jess fancy being outlaws.
    Shopping Centres- I would guess we'd need permission from respective Centre Management if we wanted to collect signatures ourselves on the premises. Alternatively we can ask businesses they will display it (e.g. at registers, I'm more particularly thinking of sports stores here)
    Junior Rugby- Sounds a great idea.
    Any others?

Apologies for appalling long thread...this is why I try not to think out loud...

vCash

Collecting petitions

I believe someone mentioned earlier tha collecting petitions on the trains on the way to the game would probably be a good place to grab a captive audience!! Again would probaby have to get permission from TransPerth to do this right?

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Not neccesarily, then we present the petition to RWA first to show them that the support is there for a stadium and that alot of Force fans are upset with their handling of this matter
    Look I'm not trying to put a brake on this by any means. But you must be clear on who it's addressed to before you start. People are signing a legal document and you can't just change the intent after they've signed. If RWA don't support it and you want to petition them, fine. But that has to be clear before starting.

vCash
    Id say Public Transport Authority (PTA) unipirate. Some great ideas here, good thing it's chat night so we can go through of these

vCash
    Dont get me wrong shasta i didnt post that to irritate you or anyone else. I was just pointing out that if RWA arent interested maybe we could use this not just for the government but to show RWA that there is support for a real rectangular stadium, and not just the "bastard" stadium that the government is going to build. Meant no offence i definately get where your comming from

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Superstore/Games- Will likely need support from RugbyWA to do this, unless Seldom and Jess fancy being outlaws.
    I like the sound of that!!! OUTLAWS

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Meant no offence i

None taken either - I'm sure were all rowing the same boat here.

Print is hard medium to convey intent sometimes, eh?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast