Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Richard Grahams Leaves the Force

vCash
    Exactly how much does this announcement destabilize a season in turmoil anyway? I was neither surprised or angry at this announcement, I was happy to support Graham whilst he was coach, but don't see it as a real loss that he's moved on.

Let's face it, this season's buggered, better to get it done before his mediocrity affects retention of players

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Exactly how much does this announcement destabilize a season in turmoil anyway? I was neither surprised or angry at this announcement, I was happy to support Graham whilst he was coach, but don't see it as a real loss that he's moved on.

Let's face it, this season's buggered, better to get it done before his mediocrity affects retention of players

Champion
    vCash
    If the RWA were professional they would have got a new coach sorted before announcing this. or at least have a short list to give some good news to the fans and players and prospective new players more so!!!!!!

RG you better not show ya face next week at NIB

vCash
    you assume they havent?
    this all has been in motion for longer than yesterday.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    If the RWA were professional they would have got a new coach sorted before announcing this. or at least have a short list to give some good news to the fans and players and prospective new players more so!!!!!!

RG you better not show ya face next week at NIB
    I didnt think you would be there if you ditched your membership?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm with AndyS on this, surprised, but not really pissed about it. You can't knock a bloke with young kids too much for moving home, although he's meant to be a smart guy and should have known there would be difficulties with a young family. All he has done is exercise a clause in his contract (a clause which was agreed upon by RugbyWA board I assume?) without fuss. None of this yes/no/maybe business being dragged out in the press.
    I don't think the issue is his personal reasons for making the decision. The issue is the apparently fickle nature in which the decision has been taken and the matter of commitment to an organisation that relies upon team work for success. Sure it's a professional era, but in the world where I work professionalism means working through the bad times as well as the good with a commitment to the guys that are employing you for your skills - whether it suits you or otherwise - and to the rest of the team with whom you work. If we all just jumped ship whenever it suited us as an individual, where would we be both organisationally and personally ?

vCash
    My mum always said don't trust someone with two first names %)

And his eyes are too close together
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    My mum always said don't trust someone with two first names %)
    Don't let John Wayne hear you say that! (or is he dead? )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quins View Post
    Check out RG website: http://about.me/RichardGraham15

He'll have to update the last bullet point 'Strong supporter of everything West Australian'

Any suggestions for more bullet points to add?!!
    'Suck at meeting my KPIs'

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Marion Morrison isn't two first names.

vCash

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by WF1964 View Post
    I think this one of the reasons that I feel the most offended by all of this. Richard has been so positive and supportive of the team, Perth club rugby and WA in general. In fact I think it was only recently that he first said something negative about our boys.
    John Mitchell never said much, never smiled and, of course, wasn't on social media. But Richard Graham was completely different in his interactions with the media and with supporters - you could approach Richard at meet the players' day and have a chat. Was it all b'sh-t?
    Yeah it was all BS. All spin and no substance. Gift of the gab. All talk, no action blah blah blah!

And yeah, I AM bloody peed off!!!

vCash

Graham vows to be a Force

Iain Payten The Daily Telegraph April 18, 2012 12:00am

RICHARD Graham will not take an active role in Queensland's recruitment while coaching the Western Force but that won't preclude a Ewen McKenzie-led Reds' raid on Wallaby star David Pocock.

Graham's switch to take the head coach role of Queensland in 2013 had the Force still in a state of shock yesterday but as head office began the search for his replacement, the outgoing coach informed players of his "100 per cent" commitment for the rest of the season.

Whether Graham has the players' backing to see out the season remains to be seen.

Though publicly declaring they're happy with Liam Gill and Beau Robinson, Queensland officials are understood to be keeping a door open for Pocock and believe they can find room in their salary cap to bring him home. Melbourne are also keen (sick of hearing that..)

Full article here

Senior Player
    vCash
    But his eyes were way further apart,.... like his knees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Iain Payten The Daily Telegraph April 18, 2012 12:00am

RICHARD Graham will not take an active role in Queensland's recruitment while coaching the Western Force but that won't preclude a Ewen McKenzie-led Reds' raid on Wallaby star David Pocock.

Graham's switch to take the head coach role of Queensland in 2013 had the Force still in a state of shock yesterday but as head office began the search for his replacement, the outgoing coach informed players of his "100 per cent" commitment for the rest of the season.

Whether Graham has the players' backing to see out the season remains to be seen.

Though publicly declaring they're happy with Liam Gill and Beau Robinson, Queensland officials are understood to be keeping a door open for Pocock and believe they can find room in their salary cap to bring him home. Melbourne are also keen (sick of hearing that..)

Full article here
    I see nowhere in that article (apart from the headline) any suggestion that there's any chance of Pocock going to Queensland. As a matter of fact, the only actual comment based upon substance is that Pocock hasn't spoken to any franchise yet......I don't think that's entirely true, I would suspect the Force have already had long discussions with him, this is indicated, not only in the twitter sphere but strongly implied in the press release yesterday which indicated that Fave would play an active role in recruiting the next coach.....hardly a move you'd make before discussing his future at all!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    he's not dead, he's just frozen .. and as soon as we figure out the cure for cancer...

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast