Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Force Supporters Code of Practice

vCash
    I find the line "are your eyes painted on" in regards to refs to be a good one, as opposed to booing, but i still resort to the odd curse word or boo when i feel we are being screwed....then i apologise if ladies or kids are around...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    depends on the drunken behaviour! lol some people can just be extra cheery when drunken ... ie ... lonzy others can be brutal ie the person who sits next to me and I call her a friend ... lol she is a nice girl but when she gets a few in her ... well thats another story ... i also dont mind a bit of swearing as long as the c word doesnt make and appearance! and that the person acknowledges they know its wrong ie ... front row! ... but yeah as long as other people arent made to feel uncomfortable Im happy! ... well not Happy happy but cheery ... umm good .... er ... gay ... do people still use that term in the happy sence?? again happy not you! :p lmao!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    "I have been paying attention to how crowds around the rugby world behave" ... "Crowds from Dunedin to Jo'burg and Edinburgh are all guilty of it."
    Unfortunately it's true - when I started going to rugby, there was a respectful atmosphere for penalty kicks and the like. But now, booing has crept in.
    I dislike it intensely!
    As far as I'm concerned the team I'm supporting should be able to beat their opposition fair & square. And I don't think booing puts a kicker off, it just creates a bad atmosphere, and may even fire up the opposition.

And yes, stay to cheer the players off the field. I do the same in the theatre. Show your appreciation to the talented people who've just been entertaining you.

OK, I've had my say, that's me off my soapbox now!

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

Senior Player
    vCash
    #3 Wear blue to the game...if you cant have an official jersey/top...wear the blue...(and not that powder puff blue of the tahs)
    Sorry, I am rather attached to the Black and Gold...If Black and Gold are available, I will always wear my state colours.

But other then that...I would love more singing rather then AFL style chanting at games!

And get rid of the Springbok fan who wears a kilt to games.

vCash
    Oh I agree, I'm a big fan of singing at the games!

vCash
    that was the only thing that impressed me about the pommy supporters during the 2003 rwc... the songs! the chants! it really was something else. i would have to bite down on my bottom lip to stop me joining in with a round of 'swing low sweet chariot'. They really do know how to create atmosphere.

but how could we as a super 14 team generate songs and chants? it would be difficult to make it a spontaneous thing. could only really work if something official was written and played at the end of games or something.

i would love to see it happen... but i don't think it's going to happen any time soon. looks like we've gotta stick to mad shouting and the odd 'FORCE' chant.
    the occassional mexican wave doesn't hurt either.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    How about a Force approved song? Something everyone knows, like Europes "The Final Countdown"?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    I've already donated my lyrical genius and if I recall, was the only one to write lyrics that fit the star wars theme (or maybe one of two, but mine was better).

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessc

but how could we as a super 14 team generate songs and chants? it would be difficult to make it a spontaneous thing. could only really work if something official was written and played at the end of games or something.

i would love to see it happen... but i don't think it's going to happen any time soon. looks like we've gotta stick to mad shouting and the odd 'FORCE' chant.
    the occassional mexican wave doesn't hurt either.
    If Perth Glory fans can do it, Rugby supporters can do it...I have started a thread for a sing-a-long for Force Final at MES in the Shed, so we can give it a go.

Somebody who knows rugby more, could think of the chants...I think we need around 20 people stand there before the game...has excellent accoustics

If you are willing to give up your gold seat for the game...then it can be a goer.

At the moment we have about 5-6.

I reckon this is when we move to a rectangular stadium, the whole force have an area where we can develop a 'unique' atmosphere for the Force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chookmustard
    How about a Force approved song? Something everyone knows, like Europes "The Final Countdown"?
    Hmmm... not exactly a good sing-along tune, is it?
    We also need songs for different occasions... a rousing welcome/"carn Force" song, an opponent-stirrer (within bounds, of course ), and a victory tune!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan
    If Perth Glory fans can do it, Rugby supporters can do it...I have started a thread for a sing-a-long for Force Final at MES in the Shed, so we can give it a go.

Somebody who knows rugby more, could think of the chants...I think we need around 20 people stand there before the game...has excellent accoustics

If you are willing to give up your gold seat for the game...then it can be a goer.

At the moment we have about 5-6.

I reckon this is when we move to a rectangular stadium, the whole force have an area where we can develop a 'unique' atmosphere for the Force.

im always up for a sing along if we get the right tune cranking!! so is my buddy who member with me!

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Have put your name down in the thread...so far we are up to 7 people if Happy joins us.

The thread is in APC...

vCash

vCash
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chookmustard

Hmmm... not exactly a good sing-along tune, is it?
    We also need songs for different occasions... a rousing welcome/"carn Force" song, an opponent-stirrer (within bounds, of course ), and a victory tune!
    I thought it could work quite well. Basically you need two groups of supporters.

One group sings the lyrics :

We're losing together
    Just like last week
    And maybe we'll come back
    On the scoreboard, who can tell?

I guess there's players to blame
    We're leaving the ground
    Will things ever be the same again?
    It's the finals countdown...

We're heading for defeat,but still we have a go
    Cause maybe they've beaten us theres always next round
    With so many points to gain we can turn things around

I'm sure that we'll miss the finals, its the final countdown...
    The finals countdown...
    It's the finals countdown"

Supporter group two sings :

"Do do do dooo, Do do do do do
    Did do do dooo, Did do do do do do dooo"

The trick is to replace the lose with win, defeat for victory, we'll come back/they will come back, dependant on if the Force are losing or winning.
    You understand of course I had to phrase this in a defeatist postion as I'm a 'tahs supporter. But the words are easily intermixed!
    (No offence intended....much)
    cheers
    chook

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chookmustard
    I thought it could work quite well. Basically you need two groups of supporters.

One group sings the lyrics :

We're losing together
    Just like last week
    And maybe we'll come back
    On the scoreboard, who can tell?

I guess there's players to blame
    We're leaving the ground
    Will things ever be the same again?
    It's the finals countdown...

We're heading for defeat,but still we have a go
    Cause maybe they've beaten us theres always next round
    With so many points to gain we can turn things around

I'm sure that we'll miss the finals, its the final countdown...
    The finals countdown...
    It's the finals countdown"

Supporter group two sings :

"Do do do dooo, Do do do do do
    Did do do dooo, Did do do do do do dooo"

The trick is to replace the lose with win, defeat for victory, we'll come back/they will come back, dependant on if the Force are losing or winning.
    You understand of course I had to phrase this in a defeatist postion as I'm a 'tahs supporter. But the words are easily intermixed!
    (No offence intended....much)
    cheers
    chook

Chook - with the greatest of respect, and no offence intended. that was rubbish.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast