Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rockingham growth focus for revamp

Champion
    vCash
    She reckon's he seems to have a lot more money in his wallet these day's

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Not sure how that would work could you explain?
    Without having looked at all the specifics, I was thinking that firsts and maybe seconds could run like a reps side, with each club having their own teams from (maybe) thirds and lower, each club keeps their own junior structures (since that seems to generally be ok)

Prem games could be rotated around the three facilities (or hosted at the best one....that'd be a fight between lark hill and meadow springs)

Training could be rotated, or split, or whatever. The idea doesn't have a lot of flesh to it at the moment, but I think the basic philosophy has some merit. The prem team belongs to the region, not one particular club, the three regional clubs release their players to play for the firsts in that team.

Each club can then demonstrate a credible pathway to higher standards of rugby and therefore retain their playing roster, there would be a larger talent pool for the Prems team to draw from and possibly less animosity between the three clubs, because it wouldn't mean so much to lose a junior between them because they moved house.

As for funding, I can't answer that, I'm not close enough to that side of the administration of the game, but I think stuff like that could be sorted out with various licensing fees etc.....I would think there would easily be some company on the strip that would be up for sponsorship as well.

Now it's up to others to find the (Probably massive flaws in such a plan)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Come on RM have you seen the size of my chun? PSB is a top bloke, I'd let him borrow my car & withdraw money for me and I haven't even met the guy. Maybe you are why nobody goes to Rockingham to sign up and play?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    RM is actually from Palmyra

Player
    vCash
    Dear RM & Fulvio,
    You guys have me falling off my computer chair laughing. You break me up.
    Seriously though..... You give me far more credit than I am entitled to. I am not smart enough to manipulate other people and it is not something I would do.
    RM I keep telling you I have done my time and I have no formal role in rugby anymore. Thanks just the same. I feel a bit complimented that you think so highly of me and put me in high office. If I ever decided to make a comeback into Rugby administration you should be my campaign manager.
    The previous RugbyWA Pres and another well known Board member came out to our club with Mitch Hardy who was Community Rugby Manager back then and explained the whole Club allignment/feeder club idea. I never thought it would work because of the tribalism of the Clubs. Would have been nice if it had and saved us all this screaming about young players being poached by predatory clubs etc...
    By the way when you criticise the likes of Nedlands and others for poaching bear in mind there is 2,500 kids playing Schools rugby and many of the PSA kids who don't play juniors but still graduate into Clubs like Neddies and Cott. The demographics of where the central clubs are located dictate they will have lower junior numbers through Under 14s to Under 18s, but attract the PSA kids at an older age.

vCash
    Yeah, I agree that the biggest problem with the feeder club idea is club tribalism.

On the one hand, tribalism is an important aspect of any club based code, however it is a definite restriction on any system such as the one I propose.

That is actually the key reason I have suggested that the only way the feeder club would work in the rockingham area is for the premier team to relinquish all ties with the rockingham club and become a completely new entity equally representi ALL the clubs

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    I kinda wish I was from Palmyra after this weeks events. It would appear that I might not have much of a club to follow next year. If Rocky is demoted at the end of the season as the jungle drums are telling me today then I can't see them getting back into the Premier Grade.

I know Wanneroo did it a decade or so ago but times and costs have changed.

Pretty dour atmosphere at Lark Hill this evening.

Player
    vCash
    I agree tribalism is important. It is what defines all us I think. You could not be involved in WA Club rugby without a heavy dose of tribal loyalty. There are a lot of people in WA Rugby who wear their colours proudly. For me I am pretty sure I would would bleed "Ocean Blue" now.

Player
    vCash
    Dear RM
    I know we spar a bit and have fun at each other's expense, but your note about Rocky and Lark Hill tonight is deeply sad. I wish you and Rocky every success in coming back from this situation.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Appreciate the sentiment PBS.

Rocky will always be a rugby club because they have some salt of the earth types doing all the work needed to put teams out each weekend. They will never fold.

Rocky needs more volunteers, more revenue, more player depth and better quality coaches like most clubs. The major difference and the factor that Rocky can't control or have any influence over is the barnacle called the Sharks League club that is housed under the same roof.

Any Union player with special qualities is targeted by them - they are offered anywhere from $150-400 per game which some (and I stress only some) young guys can't resist. They don't have to travel more than 20 metres to scout them.

I suggest that Nedlands wouldn't be the powerhouse of rugby in wa that it is if it shared a building with a rugby league club. City of Rockingham in developing the Lark Hill facility has inadvertently created a situation where Rocky is in a permanent headlock. This bit was not Rugby Wa's doing.

Think we'll see all the Rocky teams step up to the plate and play outa their skins on Saturday to make a point albeit with sad hearts. Could be the end of an era.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 25-04-13 at 21:19.

vCash
    I believe a few other clubs are experiencing this same dilemma, I know for a fact kalamunda has lost a few players to the bulldogs rugby league team, and all over small match payments and more kit! League in wa is banging on doors again now they have this dream of the west coast pirates becoming a reality, and for a young player an empty promise along with a few tax free dollars is enough to lure them in
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm buggered if I recall ever giving you credit for anything, Political BS, whether you deserved it or not.

Whoever you are, though, you obviously have a background in club rugby before it was hijacked by professionalism, and I respect those who put in the hard yards back in the day, whichever club they were from.

I also respect those who fearlessly stand by their views and are prepared to state and argue their position, no matter how addle pated it may seem to be to me..

What I don't respect is hipocrisy, and the Jesuitical justification of abominations, concocted surreptitiously, in secret conclave, and without due process and transparency.

I accept that you are not a party to this, so if you are entitled to any credit, despite not knowing who you are, you have it.

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 25-04-13 at 22:15.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    hipocrisy and deceit, and the Jesuitical justification of abominations, concocted surreptitiously, in secret conclave, and without due process and transparency.
    Fulvio, you've so aptly described last weeks CRAC meeting!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't know anything about CRAC.

vCash
    I have fond memories of Lark Hill - being victorious in a length of the pitch race in the buff over my Rockingham counterpart last year being one of them. Hopefully Lark Hill hasn't seen the last of Zed in his birthday suit.

Player
    vCash
    Is that a challenge zed?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast