Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: If JOC now goes to the rubble will you be upset?

vCash
    i'd say that more players do.
    but JOC is the hottest talent in australian rugby at the moment.
    i said before, every contract move he makes was always going to be big news.
    i think it's just continuing to be blown out of proportion. because we're going to know where he is going when we know, and not before.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I would have thought a manager reflects the wishes of his talent?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Perhaps a bit more clarity, ie when does he expect to make a decision or what his criteria for signing are or who he is seriously considering, would stop things being blown out of proportion.

Replacing a guy like O'Connor is a tough job that only gets tougher the longer you leave it. Now you could say that that isn't technically his responsibility or his concern if he is leaving, but then the Force have, from the outside at least, never treated him badly and at least deserve the best opportunity to find someone to fill that void.

Like him or hate him, but Matt Giteau did the Force a big favour when he announced returning to the Brumbies at the end of round two in 2009. It gave the Force enough time to actively pursue replacements. Sure the first two targets, Peter Grant and Daniel Halangahu, couldn't be tempted and the third, Pretorius, ended up being a bit of a disaster, but we definitely didn't get left in the lurch.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Like him or hate him, but Matt Giteau did the Force a big favour when he announced returning to the Brumbies at the end of round two in 2009.
    And maybe JOC would too if he got screwed out of money and just decided "f*** it I'm leaving." Give the guy a break - it's amazing to think that people perceive a 20 year old football player as some kind of machiavellian mastermind.

vCash
    It's time we pulled out the cheque book for a world class tighthead and a backup world class tighthead...........and bought seriously quick mouri boys destined for obscurity in NZ..........and put a red cross through blonde skegg heads who spend more time at the hairdressers and touring opponents training facilities in anticipation of their next juicy pay day.

There is plenty of kiwi's and Botha's and DeVilliers and Vun der Westhuizins(ish) in Perth. Recruit local and get them into elite training.

JOC was a scrawny gimp with a big step when he arrived at the Farce

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    There is plenty of kiwi's.....(edit) in Perth. Recruit local and get them into elite training.
    Trouble is many of them are ending up here.........

http://www.waredsrugbyleague.com.au/...123&Itemid=216

Get the local boys, including the academy players, into some quality matches regularly or continue to rely on imports. The mungos are sinking serious funding into these kids. They are getting some great results on the field against the supposedly superior eastern states kids and the next step is the NYC (Toyota Cup). Wake up ARU!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And around we come to 3rd Tier again
    Would have been in its fifth year this year

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Would have been in its fifth year this year
    And would be making money even by the predictions of the ARU

C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Instead they are still looking to find ways to cut costs.

I wonder if perception of J O'Neil as the super administrator is starting to be questioned.

vCash
    Guess not seeing as he was re-signed until the end of 2013 I think it was just a few months ago
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Just let the Force and Rebels academies join the other 3 in the Pacific Rugby Cup and the IRB can pay for it!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    And maybe JOC would too if he got screwed out of money and just decided "f*** it I'm leaving." Give the guy a break - it's amazing to think that people perceive a 20 year old football player as some kind of machiavellian mastermind.
    Nobody thinks O'Connor is a machiavellian mastermind. Stop blowing things out of proportion.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Sort of Burgs, but the underlying problem is the mid teenage years. Look I've never hidden the fact that I'm a supporter of both codes and I'll be very happy if they prosper in WA. BUT RL is my local "tribal" interest for want of a better way of putting things, just like a lot of WA bred Rugby supporters follow a WAFL or AFL team. Rugby is the big game on the international stage. The mungos steal a march on Rugby by getting them young and working hard at, and funding, development.

As you say their is obviously still a problem with the 3rd tier. A couple of notables off the cuff who've slipped the net are Cooper Cronk and Jarrod Saffy. Saffy was typical of where Rugby could have missed the boat. He sites the prospect of faster development as his reason for jumping to RL. But I still think the 15-18 group is the important area to work on, more so in the developing (?) states.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    As for a latest update on the JOC saga - he will not be making a decision for a week or two. It was (likely) his management or close relatives who stirred things up in the media to flush out a bunch of additional offers but who can blame them. Rabbit is a talent and is marketable but would like to stay here along with his two brothers though interested 3rd parties are far more interested in the dosh side of things.

In regard to TH props - there is a rumor that the Force are close to signing a leading THP with Wallaby experience to back up the youngsters coming through (Pauly etc etc). No names as yet but watch this space over the next week or two.

vCash
    I like the sound of what you have been saying RG, you give the impression that there is some substance behind what you say rather than just hot air.

If you do have your ear in the right place I would not expect you to disclose details and I guess only time will tell... lets hope it all works out well with JOC ( and I personally don't blame his manager for doing his job ) , and it would be great if that rumour about the THP comes to fruition.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast