Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hapless Force sink deeper into the quicksand they're built on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    Gits is the gimp who is moving back east and stirring up trouble. Gits is leaving anyway. Sack Gits.
    Players are employees. They weren't employed to coach the team. Two things you need from employees........competence and committment. The incompetent or uncommitted need to be sacked or they drag your business down. Gits is uncommitted and his performances show it......ditto Drew Mitchell. If they miss their mummy, send them home.
    QUOTE]

What makes you so sure it Giteau who is stirring up trouble?... Loyalty is what is given in return for perceptive Leadership, Mitchell may have created his own problems…

Why did so many players and staff cast a vote of no confidence in John Mitchell? People have a right to be heard… Lets hope its cleared up soon, Mitchell like any one individual isn’t more important than the clubs success…

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 23-01-09 at 06:38.

vCash
    Lets examine an anecdote for a minute. Robbie Deans could not believe how unfit his wallaby squad was when he took over. This is a beacon to an underlying problem in professional Australian rugby.

We are light years behind the kiwis in fitness and core skills.

The kiwi coaches can see it. Our players think they being harshly treated.

Mitchell is pushing them beyond their comfort zones and they don't like it. They aren't used to being successful. Perhaps they don't want to climb the mountain. It's easy to jump on the cop-out bandwagon and say the coach is unreasonable.

Mitchell was hired to turn this franchise into a winning one. He knows how. Perhaps the players aren't up to it? Perhaps their comfort zone is mid table? Perhaps they don't want to play 80 minutes against the Crusaders? It's a hard way to make a living, no doubt. If you sign up, step up or get out of the way.

Mitchell ROCKS

vCash
    is that why they are playing 90 minutes against the crusaders?!?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Maybe I took the wrong pills this morning - Chiselhead is back and talking sense. Am I still asleep? I am confused. A little help here? PLEASE?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I think Chisel & Muddie are both talking sense here...
    on the one hand HTFU
    but on the other hand noone is greater than the team and that includes coach.

Chisel however i think you rabbitted on a little about Giteau when he has clearly stated he has nothing to do with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    his success at the all blacks also came at a time when the all blacks had one of the best squads in rugby history
    wasn't he responsible for taking several uncapped players on a Northern tour? Didn't he cut alot of "dead wood" over in NZ from the All Blacks side?

Graham Henry inherited a squad ready for conquest and destined for greatness and has nothing to show for it

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Until the issues become public all you are doing is getting your boots wet.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    there is a long list of coaches that could have made it work
    I wonder - I think a lot of people forget that he wasn't just hired as a coach, able to walk in and just focus on getting the best out of an established player group. He and the whole EWF team were tasked with setting up a team structure from scratch in a location with no established professional structure. That includes all of the support structures that people from established rugby heartlands would take for granted and probably don't even notice. I doubt anyone, maybe even those that took it on, really knew what it would take.

It may be anecdotal, but I do remember hearing somewhere that what blew the interview panel away with Mitchell was that he was able to show structures and training plans for all levels of rugby, not just S14. The implication was that the rest either couldn't (and therefore wouldn't be able to make it work), or didn't (meaning they didn't even understand the job).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    is that why they are playing 90 minutes against the crusaders?!?
    In the super 14 proper it's 80 mins......yes/no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I wonder - I think a lot of people forget that he wasn't just hired as a coach, able to walk in and just focus on getting the best out of an established player group. He and the whole EWF team were tasked with setting up a team structure from scratch in a location with no established professional structure. That includes all of the support structures that people from established rugby heartlands would take for granted and probably don't even notice. I doubt anyone, maybe even those that took it on, really knew what it would take.

It may be anecdotal, but I do remember hearing somewhere that what blew the interview panel away with Mitchell was that he was able to show structures and training plans for all levels of rugby, not just S14. The implication was that the rest either couldn't (and therefore wouldn't be able to make it work), or didn't (meaning they didn't even understand the job).
    Thankyou old boy
    Mitchell wasn't just employed to make the Force successful. He was also employed to make rugby in WA successful.
    I am delighted with the set up and the growth of the local competition and junior nuimbers. I am also delighted with the performances from the Force team. They have been competitive from day one. Bar a few off days, they have taken every game to the wire and won more than I ever dreamed of given the playing roster.
    Not many other candidates could have done it.

Mitchell is getting crucified.
    So he's a hard task master? So he expects the team to win? So he expects performance targets to be met? So he gets pissed off when standards slip? So he expects intensity and committment on the field?

Dave Fitter left because he couldn't hack it
    Fava left because he couldn't hack it
    Australian rugby is in the wilderness because our elite players can't hack it.

Mitchell ROCKS

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Sort of. There's injury time and the game does not end on the bell. It keeps going till the ball goes dead or the phase of play stops.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    miek nes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    Fava left because he couldn't hack it

did scott tell you that himself or did you read it somewhere?.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    did scott tell you that himself or did you read it somewhere?.....
    Enlighten me with your "tales from the inside"

vCash
    no tales from the inside here ...your telling the story not me!....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast