Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pooper Cooper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Press is reporting a number of RL clubs have knocked back ANY approaches by Cooper's management. Like I said earlier he is being valued there @ around $200 G a year. It's looking like the ARU may be significantly lowering his top-up to reflect his current form and fitness situation. As they should. He's using social media to chuck a hissy fit over it. That's what happens when you "back yourself" on short term contracts, don't measure up, then ask for 3 years on comparable terms.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I think 200k is spot on. I think he'll go ok, but he's not in the same category as say Benji Marshall, Billy Slater etc and they're on about 500k. He's got talent, but he has some maturity issues, there are numerous inappropriate off-field incidents, the recent spate of injuries, the fact that he is tackle-shy, he's played very little (if any?) league.. I can't imagine too many clubs falling over themselves to sign him up, unless he was cheap. I doubt very much he'll go to league, he seems to enjoy being in the limelight irrespective of whether it's good or bad and so I'm sure he's enjoying and encouraging the rugby league rumours, but I think RumourMonger and Hansie will kiss and make up before Cooper goes to League!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Win win in a lot of ways......but what do we win?
    Since when did anyone care about the poor old fan??!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    But isn't it that the ARU have to ratify any Super Rugby contracts? So if the ARU withdraw Cooper's contract does that nullify the contract with the Reds?
    ARU approves and has final say on all S15 contracts. Nucifora has his fingers all over this hence my utter contempt for the wanker.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    =Then again, we mustn't forget about the magical and mystical magnetisim of THAT team song.......

In Genia's case it was worth around 200k, so who knows the real value.
    BTW - what is the Reds song?????, what is this power it has?. I'm going on youtube, if I don't come back you know what happened.

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 26-09-12 at 23:45.

vCash
    Jeebus, its going full retard now, thermo nuclear!

Check out this piece in the rag:
    "There are growing indications within sections of the ARU that if there is to be a change of Wallabies coach, it will be the ARU's high-performance unit manager David Nucifora not Reds coach Ewen McKenzie who replaces Robbie Deans. But if that attempt was made, informed sources have warned it could lead to a Wallabies strike."
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226482118843

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash

Players 'support' Quade's gripe

Quade Cooper is not a lone wolf.

The Queensland Reds fly-half is understood to be taking a bullet for several of his Wallabies teammates who harbour similar concerns about Australian Rugby Union's governance of the game and the national team's dwindling stocks.

While Cooper is frustrated with the Wallabies' game plans and Robbie Deans's selection policies, he is also perturbed with the code's senior administrators, whom he believes have let union's brand retreat significantly.

A source close to the team said several Wallabies shared his grievances but did not agree with airing the dirty laundry in public, especially through social media.

Cooper declared the Wallabies set-up a "toxic environment" last week, knowing his profile would see the comments gain maximum traction and hopefully lead to change.

Former dual-code star Russell Fairfax called for Cooper's comments to be investigated by the ARU.

"It's up to the ARU now to launch an investigation into what Quade's saying. Australian rugby owes it to their dwindling fans, their sceptical players ... they need to investigate this," he said.

Many rugby fans have written off Cooper's claims because of his controversial history and perceived personality. The truth is it would be hard to find a footballer who puts more effort into connecting with the rugby community. The 24-year-old is often the last player to enter the Reds dressingroom after a home match because he signs autographs in the stands.

Cooper's criticism of Deans is the second time in 12 months that a star five-eighth has publicly denounced the Wallabies coach.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wa...#ixzz27djwDvWs

There is a poll with the article I've just posted

Cooper's Criticism - Do you agree with Quade Cooper?
    Yes
    66.06%
    No
    33.94%

vCash
    I don't give a rat's how many autographs he signs in the stands after the game!

It's got little to do with promoting rugby and everything to do with promoting himself.

vCash
    Good grief, Growden weighs in. If this is actually true (its Growden), then its no wonder the wallabies are dysfunctional:
    When asked if he could see Cooper being 'welcomed back' into the Wallabies camp, Deans replied: "Absolutely."
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...926-26l8f.html

What a fiasco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I don't give a rat's how many autographs he signs in the stands after the game!

It's got little to do with promoting rugby and everything to do with promoting himself.
    bullshit Alison,
    he's the first player to speak out about what we have all been agreeing on over TWF for over 12 months now. things need to change within the wallabies and the ARU.

regardless of his intentions he's hit the nail fair square on the head. and i dont doubt for a second at all that he is alone in the wallabies camp in his opinions.

i'm sorry but i think you have a massive and very well documented bias against cooper

vCash
    ""There are growing indications within sections of the ARU that if there is to be a change of Wallabies coach, it will be the ARU's high-performance unit manager David Nucifora not Reds coach Ewen McKenzie who replaces Robbie Deans. But if that attempt was made, informed sources have warned it could lead to a Wallabies strike."

Please let this be a joke piece - destroy the Aus U20s, get fired from your last 2 coaching positions and become the new National Head coach... RG will be next in line then. arrgghhh

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    bullshit Alison,
    he's the first player to speak out about what we have all been agreeing on over TWF for over 12 months now. things need to change within the wallabies and the ARU.

regardless of his intentions he's hit the nail fair square on the head. and i dont doubt for a second at all that he is alone in the wallabies camp in his opinions.

i'm sorry but i think you have a massive and very well documented bias against cooper
    Actually, I don't think you're sorry at all.

He may have "hit the nail on the head" but the way he's gone about it is all about him, not the rest of the team, him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    ""There are growing indications within sections of the ARU that if there is to be a change of Wallabies coach, it will be the ARU's high-performance unit manager David Nucifora not Reds coach Ewen McKenzie who replaces Robbie Deans. But if that attempt was made, informed sources have warned it could lead to a Wallabies strike."

Please let this be a joke piece - destroy the Aus U20s, get fired from your last 2 coaching positions and become the new National Head coach... RG will be next in line then. arrgghhh
    Its bloody frightening but you wouldn't put it past that tosser JO'N.
    The sooner he's gone the better for Au Rugby.
    I don't like Coopers antics one bit but as Jono said above, he has said what most fans in Oz are thinking at the moment. There needs to be changes and it appears that Dingo's visit to the Mainland should be cut short.
    Cooper should be made to see the error of his ways, social media is not the way to bring up grievances.
    I think he should be sent to league for a year to learn how to tackle then the Wallabies can have a fresh look at him and see if he was what it takes at the Top.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I think he should be sent to league for a year to learn how to tackle then the Wallabies can have a fresh look at him
    What stopping him learning how to tackle in Union

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    What stopping him learning how to tackle in Union
    his ticker...or lack there of

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast