Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The game's almost up for Firepower

vCash
    and Stanners.

Say they don't come through with the cash, that'd make Lote the highest paid Aussie player. Go Lote.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i dont get upset with my team unless they dont give me a car!

were in the grand final and im allowed to be as excited as i want about it! if we get flogged we get flogged if we just lose we just lose, if we win we win, were in the game and thats all that matters, either way, win or lose there will be tears cos i love and feel for the team i love and there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever!

Are you going to bottle the tears though so we can display it is a TWF trophy room?

Last edited by Jehna; 28-05-08 at 15:37.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i dont get upset with my team unless they dont give me a car!
    were in the grand final and im allowed to be as excited as i want about it! if we get flogged we get flogged if we just lose we just lose, if we win we win, were in the game and thats all that matters, either way, win or lose there will be tears cos i love and feel for the team i love and there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever!
    get your hand off it, and stop covering your arse for the oncomming defeat

the kiwis will want to give deanes a bigger send off then the tahs want to give tubby.
    as the kiwis win will also be a slap in the face to deanes "look what the kiwis can do, have fun in australia you traitor"

even not taking that into account. there is no way that the tahs have the balls to go the entire way.
    the crusaders havent been favourites all season for nothing.
    there is also a reason they have been on the top of the ladder all season,
    they are the in form team of the super 14.

so WHEN you loose to them for the second time. feel free NOT to quote that last post and say "look what i said last week".
    and WHEN you loose, also feel free NOT to bring up the force's loss, as it was the ONLY time we played them this season. and it was a freaken great game, which in all reality could have gone either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Are you going to bottle the tears though so we can display it is a TWF trophy room?

whoever has the quiz night trophy could even send that to you as a tear collector.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Good point KQ, don't want to turn into politicians. Just when I hear the 'we fund your state' bollocks, well..
    Not to continue this but just to clarify, I am by no means suggesting that no other state contributes to this country. In fact it was NSW who supported WA in the 1930s when we economically screwed. And yay for you guys providing the most GST (hardly surprising given the population of your state). But overall, WA contributes more money than any other state yet receives a dispproportionate return. I'm not complaining...its all part and parcel of being part of a country. The comment was made in response to constant implications by WJ about how crap this State and everything in it is, and our consequent inability to fund the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    If Firepower goes to the wall,The Govt(tax dept)would have first dibs surely,closely followed by the banks?
    Depends really on who Firepower owe and the terms and conditions of the Force contracts. Contractual obligations are pretty much on par with secured loans from banks.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    raised previously. if the company collapses, they liqiudate.
    presumably the bank wold take control of the assets to recover their own funds they they are owed.
    but third party contracts are a legally binding document unless voided by one of the clauses written into them. by law the bank would be required to pay out these third party contracts if the funds were available.
    all players affected will have to get their payments. otherwise it will then turn into bad publicity for the bank in question due to the extremley public lawsuits that would eventually hurt the image and profit margins of said bank

Last edited by Jehna; 28-05-08 at 15:34.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    my thoughts exactly Chook - however Gitts is contracted to the ARU until 2011.

Firepower is supposed to have made up half of Gitts 1.5 million incentive package to come to Perth - also affected are Drew Mitchell, Ryan Cross and Sheps
    I said this before and I'll say it again. If these players are so concerned about losing their incentive packets then why have they re-signed with the club?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Hey Jehna, if you become a diplomat can you go about getting Western Australia to secede from the rest of the country? It's about time we got rid of those coat-tail riders.

vCash
    we had all better stockpile weapons then...
    the other states would crack the shits and try to force us to capitulate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Hey Jehna, if you become a diplomat can you go about getting Western Australia to secede from the rest of the country? It's about time we got rid of those coat-tail riders.
    We tried that before

And like I said...we've had to do it tough before...i'm not quite ready to give up the rest of the country yet...there's a limit to how many minerals are in the ground

vCash
    hence why i am going up north for the rest of the year while there is still some left
    gonna get paid

vCash
    Wasnt it those said same third party payments that got Rugby WA into trouble? This seems more of a player/manager problem than the Force's issue. And let's not forget - now the spotlight is on player payments, if any other franchise offered the Firepowered ('scuse the pun) boys a third party payment that even remotely smelled of having been assisted by the franchise, then the ARU are duty bound to apply the same $150k penalty we recieved. So good luck Eastern Staters in finding an independant third party who is happy to pay over market rate for any player.
    Once again, a SMH inspired attack on the Force. If Onetel had have sponsored players, they would be in the same boat - companies go broke - fact of life - even big ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    We tried that before

And like I said...we've had to do it tough before...i'm not quite ready to give up the rest of the country yet...there's a limit to how many minerals are in the ground
    You're not thinking of the big picture, the sooner we secede the most we can make of immigration with people knowing this is where the action in. The more people we get in the more we go over the top of NSW population wise AND resource wise. We use the resource boom to build industries which will be sustainable in the future and we will be sitting pretty....now get on the case!

vCash
    Force to blame for WA secession from Commonwealth

vCash
    to blame for Alan Carpenter or Troy buswell being named the first president of the democratic republic of Australia2

C'mon the

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast