Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ella: Beale ready for Wallabies

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    real beale was used when he did the chip kick in south africa last year.
    i rate gits very highly, i just dont worship at the temple of gits.
    i rekon he should be left at number 12, more room!
    barnes is fine at 10, he is solid and doesnt make alot of mistakes, plus has had the pressure on him before. i dont think beale is ready personally! and who else is there? wheres matt rogers when you need him?
    Hasn't this discussion been had before???

There is no point putting Giteau at 12 as there is no one else good enough to put at 10 for him to get enough good ball...maybe MacKay....but the other 10's in Australia have no hope.

WJ please get rid of the Canadian flag in your profile...you are an embarrasement to actual Canadians like me!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A question about Beale - can you really nominate him as a utility back? Gits can cover 9,10,12. Can Beale? Therefore, it makes more sense to play Gits at 10, with the options available. It means you can actually play a reserve bench of Prop, Lock, Loose, Centre, Centre/Wing/Fullback. Our depth in backs isn't the problem. If you work on that model - no place for Beale?

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkpapa View Post
    A question about Beale - can you really nominate him as a utility back? Gits can cover 9,10,12. Can Beale? Therefore, it makes more sense to play Gits at 10, with the options available. It means you can actually play a reserve bench of Prop, Lock, Loose, Centre, Centre/Wing/Fullback. Our depth in backs isn't the problem. If you work on that model - no place for Beale?

Beale has also played fullback. But I don't think Beale would lose out because he only really plays one spot. If they are going to use Giteau as the cover for 9 and 12 they would need someone to come off the bench at 10. So Beale could be that guy. It is usually the utility that misses out (Staniforth) by having to be on the bench simply to cover two spots.

It's still far out and will depend on injuries from here on in. But let's assume it is going to be Giteau 10, Mortlock 12, Cross 13. The wingers will probably be chosen out of Mitchell, Tuqiri, Schifcoske, Staniforth and Ashley-Cooper. Regardless of how we feel about Tuqiri if he doesn't get a spot on the wing he'll probably get a bench spot. He can cover all of the back positions (not including 9). So if Deans go 5/2 split on the bench I doubt Beale will get a spot. But if Tuqiri gets a wing spot or it is 4/3 split, then there is a good chance Beale would get a bench spot.

vCash
    Not bashing Beale - I actually rate him the same way as Tuqiri. They are a bit unpredictable, but can turn a game. As for reserves, though, if you pick Gits at 12, Beale at 10, then it would free Gits up to move to 10 if req'd, and means you can pick another utility back, which covers 13,14,15. I still think we need a fwd heavy bench. I would like to see two props, loose/lock, rake, loose and two utility backs. If the ELV's do get adopted for the Tri Series, then having a replacement fwd pack would be ideal! Even if they don't, at least if our props do struggle, then we can replace them. Look at how many times AJ, Pek, Taki swap during a match (under the blood rule). Imagine having another prop to call on.
    Back to topic - if that was the way to go - it would actually be better for Beale to play at 10.

vCash
    Does everyone forget the Tahs having to move thier backline in defense so that Beale wouldn't have to defend as a number 10, that is EXTREMELY rubbish....the AB's and Boks would absolutely destroy us if we had that situation in the Wallabies...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    WJ please get rid of the Canadian flag in your profile...you are an embarrasement to actual Canadians like me!!!
    and Matt Dunning..

vCash
    If I was a selector, I probably wouldn't pick Beale either way. I would have 10 - Gits, 11, Mitchell - 12 - Stanners - 13 Mortlock (if fit) - 14- Tuqiri - 15 - Shep. Reserves - Cross (to cover either centre) Ashley Cooper (if fit - as he covers all back line positions as well). If Mortlock isn't fit, I would seriously consider Barnes, or even Mackay. Beale would also be in that equation.
    But that ain't gonna happen while the powers at be listen to NSW commentators.
    Being honest, Beale isn't better than any of the players above in their respected positions.

vCash
    canadian made mate, will keep it as long as i want!

why am i being panned, i said beale wasn't ready, i rate gits at 12 because i believe barnes to be a better replacement at 10 than anyone we have at 12! (you have to look at the overall team as well as individuals!)

and as for saying the turq doesn't rate a spot over every winger in australia proves that perth does deep down have a sense of humour!

well done purpz!

Apprentice
    vCash
    As part of his management team of course Ella is going to say he is ready for test rugby. It means a bigger commission for him as Beale's earning capacity increases. I still remember the ARU throwing Elton Flatley in too young against the All Blacks, it nearly detroyed him and took a few years for him to be a Wallaby again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Very ominous... what is it? Injury? Prison? What else could it be?
    It was gunna be him getting poleaxed by Brownie, but nobody asked before the game!

Turned out Gits poleaxed himself!

C'mon the

vCash
    why am i being panned, i said beale wasn't ready, i rate gits at 12 because i believe barnes to be a better replacement at 10 than anyone we have at 12! (you have to look at the overall team as well as individuals!)
    WJ I don't believe I'm saying this but I actually agree with you....If there's anybody in Australia who can push Gits out of the 10 Jersey, it's Berrick! He hasn't really played any 10 for the Reds this year (similar to last year) so that'll make the transition hard for him, but he's the next best option. Lote (Aaaaargh) deserves a spot because he proved himself more capable than all the back three options on Friday night, (and let's face it the other two teams are fielding babies or Chris Latham)....not bagging Latho, but I'm not sure he'll be fit! Therefore my backline would likely be, 10 Berrick, 11 Drew Boy, 12 Gits, 13 Crossy, 14 Lote 15 Shep (If Latho isn't fit) with a bench that contains a genuine option for 12 like a Spanner or something!

Other thinkgs that are possibles for me are Lote at 12 (let's face it he runs there half the game anyway) Gits at 12 with a second playmaker at 12 (maybe a Lachie) or having a look at some of the young inside backs that are running around

C'mon the

vCash
    my wallaby backline: 9- burgess ( tahs ) 10- giteau ( force ) 11- tuqiri ( tahs ) 12- mortlock ( brumbies ) 13- cross ( force ) 14- mitchell ( force ) 15- latham ( reds ) Reserves: barnes ( reds ) cordingley ( reds ) shepherd ( force ) ashley-cooper ( brumbies ) Unlucky: carter ( tahs ) cooper ( reds ) staniforth ( force ) turner ( tahs )

vCash
    we lack an option for twelve without gits there! there isnt really anyone inspiring is there. no matter how one eyed you are!
    lach is not wallaby material. there is no one from nsw! reds have been playing barnes there havn't they (havn't watched much qld rugby this year so correct me if im wrong!)
    maybe an ashley-cooper at 12 perhaps?

vCash
    carter ( tahs ) makes some good yards and is solid in d, should get a crack at aussie a

vCash
    lach is not wallaby material. there is no one from nsw!
    He was when he was a Tah.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast