Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs Los Pumas Perth

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Australia vs South Africa is at NiB next year.
    That's a bit surprising as it means that attendance at that AUS vs RSA test in 2017 would be capped at around 22,000 (the capacity of NiB).

The best attended test against RSA in Perth was at Subi in 2005 (43,278).
    Attendances at the last 2 tests against RSA at Subi have been 34,377 in 2012 and 25,718 in 2014.

22,000 is a fairly pessimistic assessment by the ARU of the likely attendance at future tests in Perth, especially tests against RSA (which are almost home games for the Bokke, given the number of South Africans who live in Perth).

Will rugby tests post 2017 be held at the new Perth Stadium, where capacity in rectangular layout will be around 65,000?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    There should have been an open training session and meet& greet afterwards for the fans and/or meet and greet in Perth like they used to do.

vCash
    Disappointing to see Simmons back when our pack was hwading in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing Timani off the bench. It would be nice to see his brother Sitelaki back in gold. Where is he?
    Rex is off to the game. Hoping for an Argentinian steak and a great view of Argentinian totty

Controversy corner

vCash
    Here we are. No Argentinian steak. Not a scrap of Argentinian culture. Burgers and fries and watered down beer and don't stand in the fucking yellow zone.
    No curtain raiser?
    Why wouldnt they promote the NRC in the frontier state given its low profile? Bring the local lads into Perth spirit for the test curtain raiser? Attract a bit of interest from the local club supporters.
    Perhaps a promotion for the local club champions?
    How good would it have been having the club grand finals before the test....anything other than local fatties playing touch rugby league.
    what about the gold medal women putting on a 7s rugby game.
    Nothing.
    No entertainment.
    Poorly promoted national test.
    The ARU really has no fucking idea. Its little wonder the code struggles to compete.
    Lack of atmosphere
    Lack of anything.
    Marketing performance 1/10 and please explain. Marketing department should be fired.
    Dead set

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Oh goody. Here comes the qantas quoir

Controversy corner

Player
    vCash
    Couldn't agree more. The marketing direction/department of the ARU is fucking terrible - unless advertised better over east. But even then, 5 blokes running in the bush, eating a vitamin tablet..

Champion
    vCash
    Maybe they didn't want the paint to come off the grass. 😂

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Agree SNOB and WF1964. There has been no local promotion of this game at all as far as I can see. A small piece in yesterday's West, which had a whole pull out section on the AFL finals that WA isn't even involved in!!

As I keep saying, it seems abundantly clear to me that the ARU has no interest in making the Force a championship-winning team. It just wants us to be a champion-making stable to feed the east coast - whether anyone turns up to games here is irrelevant in that scenario.

Add to that the fact that the Wallabies are playing rubbish rugby right now and it's no wonder NIB isn't sold out.

Sad times :-(
    My Club had their Annual Test Match lunch yesterday, with Tim Horan as one of the Guest speakers. He told the crowd that the Force has two years to start winning and putting bums on seats, otherwise it's the end. Afterwards we went to the bar downstairs where I was introduced to Wayne Smith, The Australian Newspaper's Rugby writer, he told me exactly the same thing. It seems the ARU are all talk about wanting a national footprint, ask yourselves why Wessel's only got a two year contract.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The 2-year timeframe coincides with the next TV deal too...

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliefs View Post
    My Club had their Annual Test Match lunch yesterday, with Tim Horan as one of the Guest speakers. ...Afterwards we went to the bar downstairs where I was introduced to Wayne Smith
    Tim Horan is the biggest wanker in world rugby.
    He is probably touching himself in unspeakable places at just the thought of the downfall of the Force.
    I would not be surprised if he was pissing in a jar just to save it up to piss on our grave.

Wayne Smith is more than likely watching Tim touch himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    He is probably touching himself in unspeakable places at just the thought of the downfall of the Force.
    I would not be surprised if he was pissing in a jar just to save it up to piss on our grave.

The Australasian Post and Pix People used to pay $400 a throw for anecdotes and short stories of this nature. You've got a talent there, work on it. Try writing one about ....err Phil Kearns and Simpsons Donkey, I've come overall tingly.

Champion
    vCash
    Only over 16000 there! That is disappointing to hear! Was it good watching at NIB in general though after all the crap subi experiences?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post

MI5,Dog I think these two people, no matter what you think of them would have more inside knowledge of what's happening in Rugby circles and the ARU, than you can only dream of.

vCash
    I see the forum is going well

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliefs View Post
    My Club had their Annual Test Match lunch yesterday, with Tim Horan as one of the Guest speakers. He told the crowd that the Force has two years to start winning and putting bums on seats, otherwise it's the end. Afterwards we went to the bar downstairs where I was introduced to Wayne Smith, The Australian Newspaper's Rugby writer, he told me exactly the same thing. It seems the ARU are all talk about wanting a national footprint, ask yourselves why Wessel's only got a two year contract.
    Hey Belief if you read some of my earlier posts I told people this months ago .. I was privy to information from a NZRFU insider that if the Australian and NZ Super teams did not do well 1 would be scraped in the next media deal.. The NZRFU pumped heaps into super clubs to show that the super 18 conference format would not work.. that's why they nearly got 5 teams in the finals but 5 in top 7 teams.. SANSAAR has been dominated by the SARFU and the kiwis thought they would show the 4 conference system is floored.. Australia could be the big looser in the next deal..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast