Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Election!!

vCash
    i would write to Allanah McTiernen the Armadale member but im worried she may be to drunk to read it and respond ....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    the member for peel has a new office in secret harbour. time for a meeting methinks.
    GIGS, you want in?
    I suggest bringing burning torches.

vCash
    nah, just a lot of information on paper, which would have to be filed and stored. which means read

vCash
    nah, just a lot of information on paper, which would have to be filed and stored. which means read

taken a rather large leap of logic there...

vCash
    not really. because at the end of the day a politicians office is a buisness.
    so all paperwork is archived for 7 years.
    it has to be read to be archived correctly.

vCash
    alot of government documents are usually archieved at a warehouse or something similar, they rarely keep them on site if they are more then a couple of months old and not being used. If they need something they will request it etc
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    This site has all of the Labor Party representatives for each elecorate, if you click on the little envelope it will open up whatever your email editor is and you can get their email address from:
    Australian Labor Party 2008

This is as best I could find for the Liberal party:
    you can go here to find out who is your local cadidate:State Members of Parliament
    then click on their name for their details on this page: State Members of Parliament

Nationals (you can only get some of their details though): http://www.nationalswa.com/New%20MP%...am.aspx#Martin

Greens: GREENS MPs | Greens (WA)

vCash
    I figured I'd go straight to the top and sent Colin BArnett the following;

Dear Mr. Barnett,

I am writing, as one of thousands of rugby supporters in Perth, concerned over the current government's stadia redevelopment proposal. In lieu of Alan Carpenter's recent election call, I believe that now is the time for the Liberal party to act and oppose the stadia redevelopment in favour of an alternative proposal in which rectangular-field based sports are not disadvantaged.

As Mr. Carpenter is an AFL supporter, I feel that, as head of the Labour Party, the Party's proposal is biased and fails to so much as recognise sports that are played on a rectangular field, let alone suitably accommodate for them.

The Labour party's proposal, not only gives the West Australian Football Commission control over the stadium, but gives scheduling priority to AFL games. The reconfiguration is an inappropriate option as it will result in 10-15 metres of damaged turf. Opting not to reconfigure the stadium (due to time constraints) is also inappropriate, as it will not only disadvantage rugby fans and players, but also AFL players, with the damaged field proving to be an unsafe surface to play on and resulting in potential injuries. However, this is the least of my qualms after recently reviewing Hansard documents.

During a Legislative Assembly meeting on May 4th, 2005 Bob Kucera stated that “The Gallop government has committed $25 million to the expansion of Members Equity Stadium not only for the new Western Force rugby union team but also to increase our chances of attracting games for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup and, ultimately, the return of a National Rugby League team to Perth by 2010. The extensions are due to be completed towards the end of 2006.” My vote will be decided upon this issue and whether your party is able to produce a suitable alternative. Recovering the $25 million, promised by the Gallop government, would be an excellent start and hopefully you, as a patron of Cottesloe Rugby Club will see the importance of this issue and act accordingly.

If you feel that I am not serious about this issue deciding my vote, please feel free to peruse We Need Corners - A Rectangular Stadium For Perth! or Western Force Rugby where I and thousands of other rugby fans discuss Rugby-related topics every day and have submitted a 8832-signature petition to be presented to Parliament in support of a dedicated rectangular stadium.

Sincerely yours,

Laura .....

Also sent my good mate & local member Allanah MacTiernan an email.

vCash
    Nice one laura.

vCash
    I found the Potbelleez and Pete Murray particularly helpful to listen to...so anyone else writing a letter to a politician, listen to them!

Thanks BLR

Will post their responses when/if I get them.

vCash
    Alan Carpenter is Labor! no Labour!!

Last edited by force addict; 20-08-08 at 20:02.
    Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    yeah, but now he has called it. what are we going to do as the petition cannot be presented in parliment.
    The petition CAN be presented in Parliament, and with the election result swinging in the balance between four marginal seats, It could well be presented in a climate where it is welcomed with oopen arms by whichever party promises to uphold it's clauses.

The seat of Bunbury only won last election by 29 votes. Wanneroo and Joondalup are marginal as is Riverton. There are about 1600 voters who need to live in the right electorate to swing this election on the Stadium issue alone.

I call the election a Godsend because it means Carpenter is running scared from Parliamentary Examination of his building program. Jono, I know that the stadium is a small issue in the greater scheme of things, but it is a symbol of the Carpenter building the state thing being a waste of taxpayer money. The hospital has issues (not only with the facilities being short of our needs but with a lack of staff and the fact that PMH will disappear once it comes online) The Waterfront project's a waste of money in an attempt to justify a convention centre which is losing money hand over fist, Our stadium beef is well documented and DONT GET ME STARTED on the bloody Ferris Wheel.

My part of the pie is the stadium. If the election only fixes that bit, it's a start, it could well fix all of these issues though!

C'mon the

vCash
    not to mention the hand down of the report on the gas explosion next month and the report into the corruption thing next month as well
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    It's not stadium news, but potentially good news for people out in club-land:

Libs to increase sport and rec funding

20th August 2008, 16:00 WST

The Liberals today promised to more than double funding to community sport and recreation facilities if elected.

Shadow sport and recreation minister Barry House said funding for the capital grants program would be boosted from $9 million to $20 million a year under a Liberal Government, for the next four years.

“Local councils and community groups will be able to apply for funding for infrastructure projects ranging from installing synthetic greens and floodlighting to upgrading public swimming pools,” Mr House said.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=92914

vCash
    Ask Colin Barnett a question

August 20, 2008 02:00pm
    PERTHNOW gives you the chance to grill Colin Barnett. Post a question to the Opposition leader online for your chance to get the answers YOU want.

Ask Colin Barnett a question | PerthNow

I figure if we bombard them with questions regarding stadiums issue they will have to print at least one on the topic

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast