Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Senate hearing - Wednesday

vCash

We all need to write to ASIC

Given the lengths we know the ARU went to in trying to quash the Senate inquiry, I have absolutely NO doubt that they will try similar tactics with ASIC despite the overwhelming evidence of nefarious activity that will have been given to ASIC by the Senate committee.

That being so, I encourage all of you to write to ASIC, pointing to the findings of the Senate inquiry and urging ASIC as strongly as possible to conduct a full and comprehensive investigation of both the ARU and the MRRU for potential breaches of the Corporations Act.

As the MRRU is a taxable entity, I believe we must also write to the ATO urging them to investigate whether offences have been committed under taxation law.

The people we are dealing with at the ARU and MRRU (and their erstwhile colleagues and associates) are so arrogant and so used to operating in a world of cronyism and 'you-scratch-my-back-and-I'll-scratch-yours' favouritism that they think they are teflon coated and can get away with anything and everything just because of who they are, who they know, what strings they can pull and what favours they can call in.

They have successfully muzzled the entire east coast media and I'd damn sure that the Josephines et al on the other websites are ARU patsies whose role is to smother debate and wear Force fans down so much that they eventually go away. The patsies could even be being paid to do exactly that for all we know. The ARU has already shown itself to be eminently capable of such skulduggery, especially when running scared.

These people will stop at nothing to avoid the truth resulting in any punitive action against them. The truth simply coming out doesn't bother them as they are so adept at ducking and weaving their way around such minor annoyances.

What REALLY bothers them is the idea that somebody with the force of law behind them AND with unshakable integrity might actually take action in response to the truth being exposed and prosecute them like some filthy criminal gang. In their minds, that must be avoided at ALL costs.

We have very evidently poked the hornets' nest with what we and Senator Reynolds and her colleagues have done so far. Now we need to finish the job by keeping the pressure on with ASIC and the Aus Sports Commission, and by ensuring that the spotlight continues to shine brightly on the incontrovertible evidence that's been uncovered by the Senate.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    and due to bilateral agreements ASIC are able to access Imperium's financials over in NZ.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Rookie
    vCash
    G&GR Podcast this week (right at the end) was actually pretty critical of the ARU based on the Senate Inquiry. Also pointed the finger at the Rebels Organisation, and said they were totally undeserving of benefiting from the axing of the Force. This was led by RugbyReg - I thought that he had our back!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Alison is 110% correct - we have to keep pressure on ASIC to investigate. Letters to Federal Pollies encouraging them to do likewise and keep the focus on ASIC is also a good idea.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Darkness;447275]As I've said; you don't know what you're talking about.[/QUO
    Perhaps you should consider posting on the Roar and GAGR where the rest of the bullies are

vCash
    Not all the media are doing the ostrich act. Alan Jones is still on their case. If his figures are accurate and the Rat's Arse has 145 employees, I find that staggering. WTF do they all do? The NRL, with 16 pro teams and a budget 5 times that of Rat's Arse operates with around 100 staff. No big secret where the money is going.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Not all the media are doing the ostrich act. Alan Jones is still on their case. If his figures are accurate and the Rat's Arse has 145 employees, I find that staggering. WTF do they all do? The NRL, with 16 pro teams and a budget 5 times that of Rat's Arse operates with around 100 staff. No big secret where the money is going.
    Of the 145 Rats Arse, 5 on paper shredder duty, 10-12 on forum duty (TWAS #1, TWAS #2, TWAS #3, etc), 4 are baristas making cuppas for the office, not sure about the rest :~

#FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

vCash
    So can we get some emails/contact names/addresses etc of those we need to write to in ASIC & Federal Police? We can start beseiging those authorities to get action.

vCash
    Yes Val. Am going to do a pro forma letter than people can use if they want to, and I’ll post up the links and addresses for ASIC etc as well.

Just give me a couple of days!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Unfortunately dealing with ASIC at ground level is like taking a number at any Govt Dept and getting in a queue, only to get canned responses - it's very dumbed down and black and white.

The lobbying needs to be done at higher levels such as Senators/MPs, prominent Journos, big business.

With all the great work Linda has done I'm sure she will be following it through. Just hope she can get traction.

vCash
    Not all the media are doing the ostrich act. Alan Jones is still on their case. If his figures are accurate and the Rat's Arse has 145 employees
    That's only full time employees. Contractors, coaches, players, match officials aren't included in that figure.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    And what's the bet they are all friends, relations or neighbours of different people involved in the ARU!!

vCash
    Fair point SinBin, but not all of us can do that sort of lobbying. And Senator Reynolds has to be careful as there is only so far she can go without abusing her position as a Senator.

I really feel that it’s a case of “every little bit helps”. If we clog up the government machine enough, someone will take notice!

vCash
    Yeah, our posts crossed. Tried to PM you but your message bin is full

I'm just anti ASIC at the moment as I've been billed twice a rego change and been jumping through hoops for weeks - it's all canned responses etc.

I'm all in for what ever lobbying needs to be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I really feel that it’s a case of “every little bit helps”. If we clog up the government machine enough, someone will take notice!
    E mail will likely get only auto responses. Good old fashioned snail mail has to be opened and delegated to an actual person to be answered. Someone might even take notice of how many people are pissed off and tell the boss.

P.S. You will have to buy a stamp and an envelope and put your "letter" in an actual mail box. For anyone unfamiliar with this process, ask you Mum. Or you could just Google it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast