Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Force v Rebels: Match Report

vCash
    Backs can't run wild when we don't get consistent ball through too many soft turnovers at the ruck. Our 'mobile' pack was plainly beaten to about ten rucks by a bunch of geriatrics......and I'm not counting the ones where we had backs doing the clean out.

I'm still shitty and I think they need to win back my support, I don't know how that will happen, because I've never felt like this in five years of loyal support for this team.

SOS

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Note to TWF fans: Put down the gun, knife, or [Insert other lethal weapon here]. Things can only get better.[/QUOTE]

The team are pathetic and getting worse! There apears to be only one game plan and that is "just wait for a bit of individual brilliance then wait again" some times it appears!
    The whole coaching staff and the players need to have a good long hard look at them selves!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    To me, the big turning point was Sharpe dropping that ball over the line. For his experience, that was unforgiveable.

Momentum shifter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Backs can't run wild when we don't get consistent ball through too many soft turnovers at the ruck. Our 'mobile' pack was plainly beaten to about ten rucks by a bunch of geriatrics......and I'm not counting the ones where we had backs doing the clean out.

I'm still shitty and I think they need to win back my support, I don't know how that will happen, because I've never felt like this in five years of loyal support for this team.

SOS
    Yes I feel the same way 5 years and no improvement.
    Go The Western Farce!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOBSRFC View Post
    Note to TWF fans: Put down the gun, knife, or [Insert other lethal weapon here]. Things can only get better.

The team are pathetic and getting worse! There apears to be only one game plan and that is "just wait for a bit of individual brilliance then wait again" some times it appears!
    The whole coaching staff and the players need to have a good long hard look at them selves!
    It wasn’t long ago that we were all bemoaning Mitchells lack of game plan. Well new coach, same play book. Any hope that I had that we would start seeing the Force fulfil the promise is again dashed by ineptitude and naivety within the coaching ranks. I have seen schoolboy coaching produce better game plans than that coming out of the Force. Rod McQueen has amply demonstrated the total lack of coaching ability that has blighted the Force since our inception. I had believed that Richard Graham would have used this as an opportunity to show the world that he is a potential future Wallaby Coach. Instead he has shown, thus far, that he walks in the shadow of John Mitchell with little ability and a bag load of excuses. Wake up Force

vCash
    Just thought of a sure way to make money out of the Farce.
    Place a $50 bet against the Farce each week and your bound to make a profit.
    Even when they win thier one or two a season its not going to hurt the bottom line.

vCash
    On the injury front after last nights game, Hodgo apparently has a grade 3 AC shoulder injury (likely to miss about 6-8 weeks) and Charles has a damaged tendon on a finger on his left hand (it was in protective casing at the post match members bar gathering).

I don't know what most of you are complaining about regarding long trips home with the disappointment of watching another close loss. I was sitting next to one of the four rebels supporters who was at the game (they shall remain nameless) who couldn't hide their excitement about the result. It is going to be a longer trip back to SA than normal, as the rebel is on the same flight.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    How many do we @#*^@@#! need?
    Congratulations on missing the point!

Rookie
    vCash

The irony of it

I'm struck by the irony of it all.

I wait until round 6 to finally receive my membership cards (delays courtesy of Australia Post or Rugby WA - no-one seems to know), get to my first much anticipated game for the season and have to sit through that.

The strongest memory of last night? The silence as the gold and diamond members filed out of the E blocks after the final whistle.

Prospect
    vCash
    Inkblot has summed it up perfectly. Most of these guys are going through the motions and picking up the pay check at the end of the night, win lose or draw. There are some serious issues with mental application, which can only come back to the administration and the coaching staff. How many times over the past 6 years have we seen players make basic errors and turned the ball over in attacking positions. We saw it again last night. How ironic that the Force has spent six years building a team to a standard that the Rebels have achieved and exceeded to in 5 weeks.

Veteran
    vCash
    except the rebels have a lot of non-aussie/wallaby players... we were a little bit different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I've never felt like this in five years of loyal support for this team.
    This particular loss seems to have gotten to a lot of us more than normal (me included).

Oh yeah, sorry about your predicament Ox

vCash
    i just love the knockers signing up to have their say... cmon guys the biggest problem with last night was that the expectation was that we were going to beat them... whenever you do that you set yourself up for a big fall if it doesnt go right on the night...

remember they beat the Canes last week and wouldve been riding on that.. the biggest issue i can see was that we did not treat the rebels with enough respect... plain & effin simple

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    and dont forget it was a long week for some of the guys. Sharpe had a flight back from South Africa then a rush trip east to see his old man who was sick. From the tweets the guys were still suffering jet lag right up to Thursday morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    God damn it, if there was one team I didn't want to lose to this year... They better show some more composure in the return fixture.
    Ahhhh! DITTO DITTO Double DITTO

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast