0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Jealousy is a curse Boss.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Anyone else reckon that as good as our wingers are, they do lack a yard of pace compared to the fliers they've faced so far this year?

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    Anyone else reckon that as good as our wingers are, they do lack a yard of pace compared to the fliers they've faced so far this year?
    Apart from Cameron against the Brumbies (who aren't... noticable fliers. I've forgotten who was on the wings against him that night actually) yes. We haven't held up and it's depressing!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    To be honest, I am actually amazed at how quick they are!
    I thought they were slower but Stanners made a huge amount of ground to stop the first try from being under the posts and Mitchells cover tackle against the Crusaders was from a long way away.
    As they say, you can't Coach that speed, there are some exceptionally fast Wingers in Super 14, but many of them (especially the last two) are just that, they sit on the Wing waiting for the opportunistic try.
    I prefer my Wingers a bit more meat and gravy, coming after the ball and creating opportunities.
    It's a reasonable point you are making Jedi but I'm not sure there is a solution anywhere purely on speed alone.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I've actually quite enjoyed watching Cummins. You lot are making me 2nd guess myself - I thought it was his game, maybe it's the hair?
    Jealous?

C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Getting back to JOC, from yesterday's West:

"He’s a perfect 10

James O’Connor heads the short list of replacements for fly-half Matt Giteau next year.

Giteau’s decision last month to return to Canberra in 2010 initiated a world-wide search for available playmakers but O’Connor’s Super 14 performances this year have persuaded Force administrators the teenager is ready to be fast-tracked into the No.10 jersey.

If so, expect the Force to look to recruit experienced and capable players on either side of him to provide guidance during a season of intensive learning.

O’Connor, 18, has yet to play pivot for the Force, turning out only at inside centre and full-back, where he was one of the home team’s best during the 22-10 loss to the Sharks at Subiaco Oval on Saturday, despite mild concussion from a knee to the head in the first half."

further down the article is this bit: "Whatever money the Force’s commercial supporters could raise to lure a Test-calibre fly-half to Perth could now be redirected to retaining those critical to the team’s future, particularly O’Connor, Richard Brown, David Pocock and Cameron Shepherd."

When I read that, my immediate thought was YES, YES, YES!

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    thats right get his signature first,& tell him he can play in any position he likes

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "James O’Connor, Richard Brown, David Pocock and Cameron Shepherd"

They are players you build a future around, not the Giteau's and Mitchell's of the world.

Add to the first four, Cummins, Daruda, Cowan, Haylett-Petty, Hockings, Hodson, Holmes, Longbottom, Pat O'Connor, Stanford, Wykes & Whittaker.
    Even Super AJ if you need a ladies man.

Lock those boys in with the likes of Sharpey who can lead the show and you have a TEAM, not a pack of Flyhalf chasers.

Last edited by Darren; 24-03-09 at 10:58. Reason: dupe
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "James O’Connor, Richard Brown, David Pocock and Cameron Shepherd"

They are players you build a future around, not the Giteau's and Mitchell's of the world.

Add to the first four, Cummins, Daruda, Cowan, Haylett-Petty, Hockings, Hodson, Holmes, Longbottom, Pat O'Connor, Stanford, Wykes & Whittaker.
    Even Super AJ if you need a ladies man.

Lock those boys in with the likes of Sharpey who can lead the show and you have a TEAM, not a pack of Flyhalf chasers.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Wingers should be able to turn the light out and get into bed before it gets dark. Speed speed and more speed. I hate slow wingers. I also hate wingers that can't kick with both feet. That goes for fullbacks as well. They train 7 days a week.Learn to use the other foot.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

It's time to find a pack that will flatten and belt all comers. Too much back talk. Backs either kick it or drop it. Backs can be useful if they just have to catch it and stroll over the line unopposed.If you create space for them by rumbling the ball forward and sucking in the opposition into the tackle contest and make it impossible for them to mess up, you can then give it to them.

The Force gets bullied and belted up front. They get dominated at the breakdown. They don't create any forward momentum. the backs move it from sideline to sideline but never forwards........if they don't drop it, pass it to ground behind the intended receiver or muff another aimless kick.

Time to scour the land for life takers and heart breakers to do the hard work up front. Backs are over rated generally

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Wingers should be able to turn the light out and get into bed before it gets dark. Speed speed and more speed. I hate slow wingers. I also hate wingers that can't kick with both feet. That goes for fullbacks as well. They train 7 days a week.Learn to use the other foot.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

It's time to find a pack that will flatten and belt all comers. Too much back talk. Backs either kick it or drop it. Backs can be useful if they just have to catch it and stroll over the line unopposed.If you create space for them by rumbling the ball forward and sucking in the opposition into the tackle contest and make it impossible for them to mess up, you can then give it to them.

The Force gets bullied and belted up front. They get dominated at the breakdown. They don't create any forward momentum. the backs move it from sideline to sideline but never forwards........if they don't drop it, pass it to ground behind the intended receiver or muff another aimless kick.

Time to scour the land for life takers and heart breakers to do the hard work up front. Backs are over rated generally
    WaratahJesus is that you in that Messup?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    WaratahJesus is that you in that Messup?
    shh!

Controversy corner

vCash
    you spell too well to be WJ
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3