Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: best seats at subi

vCash
    Corporate box is not going to materialise this week so apologies but I will have to hang on to my passes. Hope someone else can help out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Reply on behalf of the Oval haters:

"best seats at Subi?"
    "Vic Hotel."

I am actually quite happy with my new Gold seats and, despite the rhetoric from some, I know it will be a better view than many will get when they move to the boondock seats at Mess.

This thread highlights a major match day issue with the Force though, not that I haven't exploited it with friends joining me, but absolutely no one (after year one) checks anyones tickets.
    More and more people have been buying low class tickets and using Gold seats which ultimately means less revenue to the club you are suppossedly supporting.
    Not only that but another issue happened at the last match which kind of illustrates the problem.
    In the row in front of me there were four quite burly young men who happened to be Maori and, from previous weeks, obviously didn't own those seats.
    When the elderly seat owners did turn up (still pre-match) you could tell that they were really a bit nervous about asking these blokes to move. Thankfully the lads moved a little when asked and then moved on after fifteen minutes. Ironically at least one of them went from there up into the players area at the invite of a player who hasn't debuted as yet.
    Yes, it is a little bit kill joy of me and all the rest and would be a bit of a pain, but I believe that the free movement around so many different categories of seating needs to be stopped.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Reply on behalf of the Oval haters:

"best seats at Subi?"
    "Vic Hotel."

...More and more people have been buying low class tickets and using Gold seats which ultimately means less revenue to the club you are suppossedly supporting...

...Yes, it is a little bit kill joy of me and all the rest and would be a bit of a pain, but I believe that the free movement around so many different categories of seating needs to be stopped....
    No burgs, you're not a kill joy. I agree with the essence of what you are saying . There is a legitimate case for people who commit to the club and fork over the extra oxford scholars for a better seat to be a bit peeved by oportunist ring ins.

It could be argued that if the seats are empty anyway, why not use them? The occasional oportunist initiative does't rile me but the wilful deleiberate act of buying a cheap ticket and squatting in a good seat does bend me out of shape somewhat.

At this point I will admit that in the first year, when I had a (nickel) ticket I would look around for a better spot that clearly wasn't occupied and move there at half time. (Often still close to the original seats) Not wanting to offend those who paid for better seats, but at the same time seeing an opportunity to make use an unoccupied seat, going to waste. I upgraded the following season and have had the same seats since.

The only way of stopping the trans-seat-class movement I can think of is having continual ticket or pass checking by the event staff. You would probably need a few extra bods, so I don't know how cost effective this would be. Might be annoying if, er when, frequently going to the bar...

I've experienced the scenario in with obvious ring-ins being loud and obnoxious. They've been warned to tone down etc, but never had tickets checked.

Oh well, no solutions but I support your sentiments burgs!

vCash
    Well problem number 2 there Burgs will actually be neatly solved by problem number 1, when people will (I presume) finally get to see some value in subscribing to Gold Seats (to the point of over-subscription, when your doomsday scenario plays out). Seat-moving is only possible because no-one has bought them first, after all.

Before we get too excited about 'supporters' ripping off the club- I'd be looking squarely at the people who took their membership money and spent it on Foxtel. If someone's at least come through the gate they've done alot more than the person who left the gold seat empty in favour of their television.

FWIW- if I move, it's generally to another block wherever my mates are- other silvers, or sometimes nickel. I think one week might have been gold, I'm not sure where the boundary is, but from memory people I know who have gold seats were around, so I'm not saying this as a defence because I do it every week or anything

Last edited by Swee_82; 22-04-09 at 16:33.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah Normie, I don't really have issue with those "upgrading" as you describe during the match etc as the seats are then known to be unoccupied.
    It was more the ones such as the described four who were staking their claim to very central (10m in front of Aussie Rob) Gold seating pre match before the crowd had even settled.
    I think anything from the dead ball line backwards should just be a general admission level as first come first served, which would also help get numbers seated pre kick off.
    I would see three levels of reserved seating (ignoring the area needed for corporate) as being

Diamond: 22-22 Upper Deck
    Gold: Try line to Try line both levels (excluding Diamond and front five rows being Silver)
    Silver: Dead ball line to Dead ball line both levels (excluding Diamond and Gold)
    Remainder unreserved general admission

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The seats concerned were paid for Swee, the "owners" just turned up after the squatters did and then had to face moving them on. Usually fine for most but a little daunting considering the respective parties involved and should not have occurred.

There is little "doomsday" about it, the current Corporate, Diamond and Gold will almost certainly already exceed the equivalent capacities at the new wonder ground, causing a compulsory downgrading in each category.
    I think I got checked more at the Saders match at Mess than I have in total over four seasons at Subiaco.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    The seats concerned were paid for Swee, the "owners" just turned up after the squatters did and then had to face moving them on. Usually fine for most but a little daunting considering the respective parties involved and should not have occurred.
    I was speaking to your more general point of people with cheap tickets moving to the good seats. Trying to ignore the part where all concerned decided to just assume the guys were trouble, on account of them being burly and Maori- I'm yet to meet too many diminutive Maori people.

Oh no! We're gonna sell out the ground, we're rooooned!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The old folks didn't "decide" anything, it was an observation of the situation happening in prime seats in front of me and no discussion was held between me and them.
    If it happened there, then I am quite confident it wasn't the only seats in the house where it occurred.
    You can make light of it if you like Swee, I really don't care, but I can't wait to see the of posts on TWF next year where current regulars can't get in to watch and have to take a punt on a couple of hundred GA tickets each week.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I am actually quite happy with my new Gold seats and, despite the rhetoric from some, I know it will be a better view than many will get when they move to the boondock seats at Mess.
    You have to be kidding. The worst seats at MES are better then the best at Subi

but I can't wait to see the of posts on TWF next year where current regulars can't get in to watch and have to take a punt on a couple of hundred GA tickets each week.
    Maybe they should buy a season ticket then. It has been stated elsewhere that RugbyWA already have a waiting list for memberships for next year

Last edited by jargan83; 22-04-09 at 19:29.

vCash
    The thing with seat upgrading/downgrading is all because of Subi. If we had a rectangular stadium I'm certain that we would fill it and there would be no possibility to even move seats let alone upgrade.
    Just another reason we should move to MES, everyone gets what they pay for and no one is left with a view as crap as Subi.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    hmm. creepy. I'm using Firefox and in laura's post about, when she wrote "we should all move to MES,", MES is "highlighted" and when you put the mouse cursor over it, it expands to:

"TWF Stadium

TWF Stadium

Formerly known as 'Members Equity Stadium' and previously known as 'Perth Oval' (before it grew corners).

The future home of the TWF Western Force!"

I like the new name!

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Does that on explorer too b&b...

If people are coming to the games this year, then they should still be getting tickets next year, seeing how we haven't had a crowd in excess of current MES capacity all year.

Cheaper venue, higher crowds (if it sells out) and a better product for spectators. Nothing to make light of there, but alot to get excited about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    seeing how we haven't had a crowd in excess of current MES capacity all year.
    I think we have had one, but it didn't exceed the capicity at MES by much

Hmmm RugbyWA don't have crowd figures up

then again that will depend on what the actual capcity at MES will be with temporary stands apparently being erected.

Last edited by jargan83; 22-04-09 at 18:29.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    Corporate box is not going to materialise this week so apologies but I will have to hang on to my passes. Hope someone else can help out.
    thanks anyway. we will see you guys at the bowlo before the game then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    hmm. creepy. I'm using Firefox and in laura's post about, when she wrote "we should all move to MES,", MES is "highlighted" and when you put the mouse cursor over it, it expands to:

"TWF Stadium

TWF Stadium

Formerly known as 'Members Equity Stadium' and previously known as 'Perth Oval' (before it grew corners).

The future home of the TWF Western Force!"

I like the new name!
    B&B it's been like that for AGES! Keep up!

I'm not keen on buying cheap seats and moving, last year when I had an out-of-town membership I sat with my Dad, but I always bought a silver ticket and sat in silver seats. I just felt like I was ripping off the team I loved if I did that.. Maybe that's just me

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast