Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brumbies chasing Shepherd

Champion
    vCash
    This homesick sounds like another excuse (digby ?) they play for 13 weeks of the year and then Plus pre-season and international duties for some of our players.

There is plenty of other time to go home to spend it with family and friends

Its not like NRL where the season is 30 weeks long plus internationals...

Come on lads if you like the club and like the team mates sign as we love anyone who pulls on the black swan jersey of the EWF.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    It's a bit different when we were putting together the team for the first couple years. Would you have preferred the Force lose every game for the first five years while they wait for some talent, that wasn't already with another Super 14 team, to develop?

If we are still pinching starting players in 3 years time then we can't complain about other teams getting our players.
    I was just pointing the fact out.

When the force were signing Reds players in 2005 i was pissed but i wasnt blaming the Force, its just the unfortunate way that Australian rugby is. Its a bit hypocritical to curse the Brumbies for trying to sign Force players when it was only in 2006 that the Force signed Matt Giteau.

BTW, Sharpe, Mitchell, Cannon and Giteau were hardly bench players.

vCash
    A developing team needs senior players to teach & help the youngsters. They need people to learn off ,so we got some senior players in.

I guess I'm just happy that we are on to a good thing at the moment and I hope it stays that way. Losing key senior players like Gits and Shep could be a major downfall for the Force and after recent events its the last thing we need.

vCash
    In the long run, It'll all work out....If Shep doesn't want to stay, then he's better to move, I'd rather see that than see him playing half-hearted rugby....I was pissed losing Digby, but I think more for the way it played out than anything else!

If Shep is open and honest in the way he approaches things, I'd be more than happy to see him play for whoever wants him.

I don't see the Brumbies making a better offer than the anyway!

C'mon the

vCash
    Shep's is another player that has brought a house here in WA. Hopefully will stay!!

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    TOCC for a reds supporter you sure spend a lot of time on the Force site, any closet feelings you want to share?

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    This homesick sounds like another excuse (digby ?) they play for 13 weeks of the year and then Plus pre-season and international duties for some of our players.

Its not like NRL where the season is 30 weeks long plus internationals...

Come on lads if you like the club and like the team mates sign as we love anyone who pulls on the black swan jersey of the EWF.
    I agree, it seems that rugby and AFL are the only sports in the world where players seem to get homesick. Look at Soccer in Europe, they go all over the place. Any of the North American sports, they go anywhere and a good %30 of the players in NHL are from Europe.

vCash
    I'm speculating that you would find a good number of the profile Australian players who get homesick are those from WA and based in the East Coast or vise versa.

For many, the offer to be paid the same or close to the same amount to play in your homestate rather than in some "foreign environment" is an attraction hard to resist and if they do resist its usually for a couple of seasons.

Players that have little say (ie, those of lower profile) would be far more willing to make the move in pursuit of better opportunities elsewhere, ie game time and thereafter foresee the opportunity to be in a better position to dictate their terms.

NRL players are more or less close to home anyway and thus not impacted greatly by this. For the international sports mentioned such as NFL, International Soccer, NHL, NBA etc the dollar value is in the millions, tens of millions and even hundreds of millions..people sell their families for much less.

vCash
    Well they can't have him he's ours we discovered his awesomeness therefore we have him as ours muahaha.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    international sports mentioned such as NFL, International Soccer, NHL, NBA etc the dollar value is in the millions, tens of millions and even hundreds of millions..people sell their families for much less.
    It's also the lure of playing your sport at the highest level.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    It's also the lure of playing your sport at the highest level.
    Then surely playing for the Force is a higher lever than playing at the Reds or Tahs????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    Then surely playing for the Force is a higher lever than playing at the Reds or Tahs????
    Err.......that comment was referring to the sports mentioned in the quote. Not to S14 Rugby.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post

Wish someone would pay me to move further away from the family

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Wish someone would pay me to move further away from the family
    I have one brother who lives in Hamburg,another who lives in Melbourne,
    you would fit in well in our family!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Well, I've always thought my mates and my brother are the definitive examples of relocation - to a man, they live where their missus is happiest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2