Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eddie (the tosser) at it again

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Jones hearing postponed

February 20, 2007

QUEENSLAND coach Eddie Jones's disciplinary hearing has been delayed until later in the week.

The hearing had been set for this evening, but SANZAR, the body that oversees the Super 14 rugby competition, and counsel for Jones agreed to postpone it.

Jones is expected to face a heavy fine or suspension for his criticism of referee Matt Goddard, whose handling of the scrums in the Queensland-Brumbies Super 14 fixture at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday he described as "ludicrous", "disgraceful" and "lacking in commonsense".

Jones is the first coach in Super rugby history to be cited for such an outburst.

AAP

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Whatever the penalty, I hope they take his advice and double it.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think he may well regret that comment now Andy

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Bugger, was hoping to know the penalty before our next podcast.. Damn you Eddie.

vCash
    The Wallibies held on to him about two tears too long, he was a winger then and still is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    You have got to be F*#!en joking, don't you...He is the biggest sook i have ever seen in a coaching position, who cannot handle any criticisms or losses at all, always has an excuse for everything...He is a total and utter f*#!wit...
    He has as much character as my little finger, entertains me by annoying the shit out of me and making the papers for a bit of a read, and as for livewire, how did you come to that conclusion...I wish he would grab a live wire and be done with it...
    As for us being sad, lifeless, gormless losers, you can go and get stuffed, as we obviously have a much better idea of what is good for rugby than you have, because since eddie lost the top job he has been on a self destruct mission, and if that brings him down, well, i for one couldn't give a shit...I just hope he doesn't drag Qld rugby with him...Tosser
    Queensland rugby is stoked to have Eddie - if you haven't noticed he's leading a major revival up there. They're travelling well despite having had so much of their talent poached by the Force.

As for his coaching, he's world class. Why do you think England were persuing him ?

Eddie just expects high standards. From himself, from his players, from the administrators and from the refs. How is that a bad thing ? We should be striving for improvement. Eddie is harsh on bludgers and non-performers.

That Eddie is criticised so much just tells you how soft the game has become. No rucking in rucks is the symptom of the general softness in the game as a whole.

To the extreme !

vCash
    lol we all have our opions and i respect all of them and he did do a stupid thing BUT HE HAS A POINT AND HE IS RIGHT LEAVE HIM ALONE lol ahaha i said it im not his biggest fan but he is right and although he expressed it the wrong way if you watched the game and noticed it the brumbies were obiviosly collapsing the scrum and wreking it. THE REF WAS BILND

sorry about the spelling erros i suck at spelling.

vCash
    Who is it that is saying no rucking in rucks????????

Rucking involves the ball. You may ruck. You have always been able to ruck. You can still ruck now.

Just ruck the ball. If the player is right next to the ball, you can still ruck the ball, even bring the payer out with the ball. As long as it is the ball you are rucking.

Ruck away people, just ruck properly.

A player's head has been, is now and always will be out of bounds to get your boot anywhere near. It doesn't look like a ball and cannot possibly be mistaken for one. Don't do it. Studs/sprigs on bodies is not allowed in a downward motion. Think about it. Sole of boot pointing towards the goal line; in a vertical fashion, go for it. Sole of boot pointing down; be prepared for a rest on the sidelines.

Right. I feel better now. It's damn high up here on my high horse on top of a soap box. Thanks everyone. Righto,

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Bugger you Ecky, got me all fired up for a dose of rucking now and no way of doing it

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    No mice around under the desk anymore, burgs?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Burgs

I am surprised at you - surely you have only ever had eyes for the ball????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky
    Who is it that is saying no rucking in rucks????????

Rucking involves the ball. You may ruck. You have always been able to ruck. You can still ruck now.
    Not anymore. Rucking is dead. Watch the Super 14 and note how the ruck is interpreted by the refs. Listen for the 'no feet !!'.

The game is getting soft. And its killing attack - nobody can get quick ball.

To the extreme !

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    VI, you have a fully qualified Ref telling you that you can ruck, how much clearer do you want it?!

Ecky, eye's for the ball and 26 studs for anything laying in the way

Coach, all the mice around here are well and truely "rucked"...once they go into my deadly mouse traps

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    After fiercley disagreeing with you Ice, i now have to say i agree with you regarding the softening up of our game. Sure, it isn't illegal to ruck the ball, but in todays game anyone who's boot comes into contact with flesh, rather than the ball, wether guilty or innocent of the offence, the result is more often than not a penalty...It is the cottonwool approach to everything that is creeping into the game, and society as we know it...

And i still will agree to disagree regarding eddie, i cannot respect him since he lost the top job due to his general display of bad sportsmanship at every turn...But we are both entitled to our opinions...I respect that...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    God Bless America, for what that country as done to our game and other sporting events. In terms of insurance claims and compensation issues.next we could be all wearing grid iron protection when we run out onto the park?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast