Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Western Force risk player revolt over coach John Mitchell

vCash
    i dunno. the board wouldnt really want a mass exodus of players. espically with all the players having adapted to each other's playing style and the combinations are there now.

and i cant see the board telling mitch to bugger off.
    there would surley be a middle ground reached. where players and coach get to a stage where they can at least work together.

(IMHO)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    its impossible for an entire team to like the way a coach works with them. i dont believe that mitch is such an awful coach that he is causing players to leave

we know it isnt sharpie, so the kiwis got that one wrong. and gits dismissed it too. im not too keen on the fact that welborn just went and told everyone but he does make it more valuable and worth listening to. maybe its another player in the squad...?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    It is understood one of the complaints relates to Mitchell storming out of the Force dressing room at half-time during the final match of the Super 14 season.

After he had departed, star pivot Matt Giteau is alleged to have said: ``Lock the door behind him.''
    I seem to remember at the time the players said that they had let down the coach and fans and they felt it was up to themselves to try and sort out the mess.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I seem to remember at the time the players said that they had let down the coach and fans and they felt it was up to themselves to try and sort out the mess.
    I remember reading that somewhere as well, possibly in a the saturday newspaper the day after

vCash
    Jeez If I had been coaching them I would have taken a similar line....pretty much a well you lot, I've done everything I can with ya, and this is what you serve up to your fans, I remember I covered up my Jersey at about 25 minutes that night, saying I'm not freezing my ass off to watch this shite........yeah. They DESERVED storming out on that night!

Any player who can look back and say that was a bad coaching strategy and they didn't deserve it is living in Disneyland!

Gits probably said to lock the goor for similar reasons, at those moments it's not about being coached, it's about turning up to the game and putting a bit of effort in.

C'mon the

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I reckon John Mitchell would be a real prick to work under if you weren't performing as you should. Any 'underperformers' with a bit of gumption would rise to the occaision, as the team as a whole did against the Brumbies - didn't we get 30 odd unanswered points after 20 points to zip?

I'm wondering who recently feels they have been shafted by the Force/RugbyWA enough to start talking to the press?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I reckon John Mitchell would be a real prick to work under if you weren't performing as you should. Any 'underperformers' with a bit of gumption would rise to the occaision, as the team as a whole did against the Brumbies - didn't we get 30 odd unanswered points after 20 points to zip?

I'm wondering who recently feels they have been shafted by the Force/RugbyWA enough to start talking to the press?
    well, we know its not Tim Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

i dont think its someone whos been shafted, its just someone whos (ballsy enough!)questioning his coaching abilities, if we finish 8th again this year we'll all be questioning his abilities.......just my thoughts.!

Last edited by slomo; 28-09-08 at 18:41. Reason: inserted ballsy enough....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    if we finish 8th again this year we'll all be questioning his abilities.......just my thoughts.!
    You got that right Slo......I'd have to say whoever is complaining would have to have pills of solid rock you think. Mitch doesn't look like the most receptive to criticism!

C'mon the

vCash
    I'm also guessing that the after quokka henjak there would have been some internal changes - we've seen some players disappearing this year (some of the ones we didn't want to leave) - those who were first pick last year won't be this year - we're growing up as a club/franchise a bit of discussion is healthy and John Mitchell would be feeling the pressure too.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2