Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When testmatches go wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Gerrard is nothign spectacular but he is generally consistent which is more than i can say for most of the team right now
    He is basically AAC with less potential, plays solid enough yet can become a butterfingers now and again, not worth it really.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great minds think alike gagger !!

vCash
    I've seen the good moments of Gerard.
    I think AAC or Drew would be first picks for fullback. But if injuries happen, i can see Gerrard coming in. He gives us some consistency and experience in a young team. He may be old, but i think he's got a good kicking game + kick return game. AAC was pretty bad on Sunday. It wasn't only his chases, but the decisions he made. You would go for territory if the ball's been kicked back and forth for a bit, esp with the forwards already struggling, but he chose to continue on, and massive holes in the line appeared.
    Would hope Drew gets a start at fullback. I think he's got a great kick return game, and Hynes deserves another go, esp at normal altitude.

vCash
    Gerrard is actually quite young, only 25. I know, I was shocked as well. But in saying that he should be in his prime which he really isn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    AAC couldn't chase coz the Bokke formed a blocking wall so he couldn't get through and be a challenger for the ball
    But nobody has answered my question why he didn't change the tactic. He was getting shit on but kept on booting the ball back to them and not chasing, why didn't he do anything different?

C'mon the

vCash
    cos AAC is a muppet. and has no brains.
    thats why drew shld be fullback.

On a serious note, AAC's game as a fullback isn't extensive enough. As a fullback, you have 2 main options to choose from, Kicking or Running. For his kicking, he doesn't have the best territorial kicking on him, so thats the tactical kicking gone.
    His kick returns (running) isn't the strongest as well, plus it would be causing his forwards to tire even more with running back to cover him. He can stay on his feet well and has got a strong leg drive, but his running just doesn't give much distance. There weren't much other players to pass to and hook up with, and when he did, it worked well. But everyone wearing the green and gold were tired out by the 20th minute, so running wasn't the best option.

So bombing the ball up and chasing it, and hoping that one of your mates contests for it (whilst being onside), is probably the best option he could think of. Only thing that went wrong with that was that he forgot to chase it.

vCash
    The kick-no-chase thing had me crying with frustration. It was like there were two completely different game plans being followed by different team members. Kicks to nowhere, passes to empty space... mi brane herts just finken abowt it.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2