Thread: Rugby Australia Nomination Committee Appointment - Tony Howarth

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Rugby Australia Nomination Committee Appointment - Tony Howarth

Wed, May 15, 2024, 11:32 AM
    Rugby WA Media
    by Rugby WA Media

Former Cottesloe Rugby Union Club President and Chairman of RugbyWA’s Board, Tony Howarth AO, has been appointed to Rugby Australia’s Nominations Committee, at Rugby Australia’s AGM.

A stalwart in the Western Australian rugby community, Mr. Howarth has long been involved in the sport. After moving to Western Australia in 1991, he became involved with Cottesloe Rugby Union Club, including a tenure as President.

Following this, Mr. Howarth served on the RugbyWA Board, where he served from 2009 until 2017, holding the position of Chairman from 2015. Mr. Howarth spent over 10 years working with RugbyWA and the Western Force, including during the Force’s initial bid to join the Super Rugby franchise. In 2018, to acknowledge over 35 years of commitment to rugby in Western Australia, Mr. Howarth was awarded the position of Life Member of RugbyWA.

"I’m pleased to have been elected to this committee,” Mr Howarth shared. “I have been involved in rugby for a long time, at both club level and with the Western Force and RugbyWA, so I hope that I can bring a diverse view to Rugby Australia and the position.”

Tony Howarth RWA
    Currently, Mr. Howarth is the Chairman of Alinta Energy Pty Ltd., Chairman of BWP Management Limited., Non-Executive Director of Coventry Group LTD., Non-Executive Director and Joint Founder of Viburnum Funds Ltd., Chairman of St John of God Foundation Inc., and Trustee and Governor of the University of Notre Dame Australia.

In 2002, Tony was made an officer of the Order of Australia for service to business and commerce, to the banking and finance sector, and to the community through a range of health, cultural, education and sporting groups. In 2005, he was awarded WA Citizen of the Year in Industry and Commerce, and in 2003 was awarded an Honorary Doctor of Laws from the University of Western Australia.

Rugby Australia hosted it's Annual General Meeting in the last week of April.

https://wa.rugby/news/rugby-australi...t-tony-howarth

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't like the Nominations Committee or their process, but great to have WA represented again.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I don't like the Nominations Committee or their process, but great to have WA represented again.
    I find myself wondering if this was arranged to secure a pair of votes at the AGM?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the