Thread: Jones unleashes on hapless Reds

vCash

Jones unleashes on hapless Reds

Jones unleashes on hapless Reds

Eddie Jones launched a scathing attack on Queensland following their 26-20 loss to the Lions at Lang Park on Saturday night, comparing his side's performance to that of an "under-13 team".

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Jones was an absolute prick to Bill Young in his first ever post match interviews for Fox, wish Bill had the balls to pay Eddie back for years of Wallaby training torment by asking "How was the Ref tonight Eddie?"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Good Call ! He was very rude

Eddie has lost it - wonder how much longer the Reds will put up with him for - prehaps we should have a book on this one

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Bring back Burke and send Jones over there

vCash
    He is too busy whinging and bitching, he has forgotten how to coach properly...Tosser

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sounds like he is finally looking in the right places...

Jones blames himself

March 05, 2007 - 2:42am
    Story by: Sportal

QR Reds coach Eddie Jones gave his players a huge dressing down after their 'unacceptable' six-point loss to the Lions before apologising to the side's fans then turning the blame on himself.

Jones was fuming that Queensland somehow threw away a 20-19 lead with five minutes remaining, labelling the mistakes made at the end of a game they controlled as those an under-15s side would make.

"We should have won the game easily. Congratulations to the Lions. I don't have much more to say," an angry Jones said without prompting at the start of the post-match press conference.

He was infuriated how Queensland tossed away possession after the game had moved to uncontested scrums when 19-year-old replacement prop Gavin Warren, who was only drafted into the 22 at the eleventh-hour, was stretchered from the field with a neck injury.

"Uncontested scrums, you're in their 22," he said. "What are you going to do? You've got to hang onto the ball."

"I don't want to devalue the Lions performance at all … but we can take no positives out of that whatsoever. We just lacked any feel for the game at all."

Jones refused to acknowledge the contribution of debuting flyhalf Quade Cooper as well as Will Genia who both opened their Reds accounts in a first-half of virtual Reds domination.

Instead, he blamed himself for Queensland's fourth straight loss and the third time they've conceded a winning margin before ultimately falling to defeat.

"I don't have any solutions," said Jones. "I ultimately take responsibility. My coaching's not good enough."

"I can't fathom why."

"I don't have any solutions at all. I'm obviously not coaching well enough."

"We're last on the table now. We're the worst team in the competition," he added. "There's nothing good from the game. I think that's part of the problem with this place - that it has been acceptable to lose honourably."

"There's no gain in a loss like that."

"At the moment I can't see where we're going. We keep on making the same mistakes week-in and week-out. We've played five games now and in four of them we've been in front at the 70-minute mark - and we've got one win."

Matters have been made even worse with the news Wallaby prop Greg Holmes will miss six months after he undergoes a shoulder operation on Monday while replacement Ben Coutts dislocated his shoulder in the warm-up.

Marc Fox

Well I guess Quade Cooper is feeling about two inches tall right now, played out of his skin as a run on debut yet this arsehole reckons there are no positives to be gained.
    I can see a big storm cloud brewing over QRU and I reckon if they go down to the lowly Reds 2nd XV (ie Force) then it may well unleash in eleven days.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.