Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crossy and Browny

Champion
    vCash

Crossy and Browny

I am afraid these two will take the blunt of tonites game pretty ordinary game on their behalf esp Browny Burgess will be dropped too I would liek to Matt Hodgson come into the game him and Rocky would be awesome pairing

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yes but who replaces them?

Matt Hodgson isn't the man for No.8... at international level... why isn't Palu n the bench?

many frustrations all round, I'd be happy to try a new scrum half for starters... To many injuries in Australian rugby right now... Chisholm did Ok or his first call up after injury... Lachie turner is a liability risk... you just don't know what he'll do on field...

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Giteau at 10 seems to be a problem, i know that Burgess pass is putting him under pressure but if they are going to make changes please put him back at 12!!!

9. Genia
    10. Barnes
    12. Giteau
    13. Adam Ashley-Cooper

With Quade Cooper on the bench to cover the 10-12 area again as he had a good game tonight. (preliminary comments as per Subi viewing)

6. Hodgson
    7. Smith
    8. Elsom

With Pocock/Mumm on the bench.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Gits played heaps better when he moved to 12.
    AAC can't play 12 particularly well. Him and JO"C should be swapped. JO'C looked like he was really struggling at the end too. Reckon his leg injury wasn't quite fixed when he was up for selection/being ruled out.
    Burgess needs to be booted, I honestly don't care who goes on in his place just get him off! Bring back Gregan or Sheehan or Valentine or anyone I really don't mind, they can't be worse. His deficiences make it harder on Gits and he is the lynchpin of our backline at the moment.
    Browny had a less than average game, by his standards. On the bright side he didn't get carded this week.

Agree with Sandgroperrugby's team but I'd put Browny/Palu on the bench over Mumm. They play a better game and would have more impact off the bench.

vCash
    It wasn't Cross's fault he didn't do much. From my 3rd tier seats there was a great view of the boks defense, and you could clearly see every play 2 people would run at the outside center to shut down giteau's options. It was just good tactics from SA, and it took us until the second half to start exposing it properly...

Brown wasnt so good, maybe he will get a week off and Palu can come back. We need at least 1 player in the forwards who will actually get over the advantage line on driving plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    It wasn't Cross's fault he didn't do much. From my 3rd tier seats there was a great view of the boks defense, and you could clearly see every play 2 people would run at the outside center to shut down giteau's options. It was just good tactics from SA, and it took us until the second half to start exposing it properly...

Brown wasnt so good, maybe he will get a week off and Palu can come back. We need at least 1 player in the forwards who will actually get over the advantage line on driving plays.
    Cross needs to provide more options then, needs to start running different angels, doing decoys or start passing more. He was a passenger on the field tonight, IMO he contributed zilch to the wallabies and was a liabilty rather then a asset.

What tonight highlighted to me was what a proper ball player can contribute to a side, the way the side started to operate once Cooper was playing 5/8 was impressive, albeit a short display it was a effective display, he made plenty of the right choices and showed off his 5/8 skills.

9. Genia
    10. Cooper
    12. Giteau
    13. AAC

vCash
    While Cooper showed up OK (apart from that nancy-boy bunny hop EVERY time he got the ball) - it was not his appearance that was the difference - it was when Genia came on and passed directly to a player instead of above, behind, on the ground in front of - basically anywhere that was no use. Drop Burgess!

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    You don't have many options while forced onto the sideline when gits does his crabbing. They straightened up a bit in the second half but still not happy with their back line moves. The ball moves faster when passed and that is what they need to do! Have faith in the backs!

And, the forwards wanted a try when it was blatantly clear that the backs were the best option in this game.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    get rid of Burgess. Brown can go on the bench and replace palu just after half time. rocky was great he was everywhere. we just failed to break the defence line...

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Champion
    vCash
    Laura spot on Burgess has to go back to club rugby, Is Barnes back next weeK? Hows Sharpie going?

FA did u put soap on Brownys hands (!!!!!!) .......... He will be very disappointed with his performance.

I didnt see any WF membership personal tryingb to drum up memebership........2010 however we had people all around us who new nothing about rugby

Reserve hooker cant throw to save himself surely there is another one around Pek Cowan should start throwing a few balls around and have a go............F4T

vCash
    Dump Burgess. Sure, Cooper looked good when he came on late, and the only decision he had to make was which way to bunny hop. Could he manage a game for a full 80? Not so sure... Much rather see Gits and Barnes swap spots.

vCash
    Burgess definitely was one of the weak points in the team. Too slow to get the ball out and killed momentum when the wallabies did gain it. Made frequent wrong decisions and his passing game put the wallabies under pressure. it felt like he was being paid to screw up, because he made that many mistakes.

Cross was non-existent other than a few hit ups here and there. Browny had a woeful start with 2 dropped balls, and quitened down after. Think his morale took a beating there. Would have loved to see a Gits, J'OC and Cross combination, though its a bit on the small sized side.

Think Brown, Cross, Burgess would need to be dropped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    I didnt see any WF membership personal tryingb to drum up memebership........2010 however we had people all around us who new nothing about rugby
    there was an ad on the bigscreen and in the program about new memberships, renewal is in november

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah we are a bit short on devastating ball runners at the moment huh? Rocky Elsom and AAC are quite good at sucking in the defenders and being notoriously hard to bring down but they had quiet nights. Its a shame Ioane is injured or else he would be really good as a wing or a 13. Palu should be given a second chance now that Elsom is back to make up for his work rate.

Cooper should be a planned sub at the 60 minute mark. He's bigger than Giteau and is a lot more direct and brings an x-factor to our attack in the last quarter. That pass he gave to Giteau for the try was sensational.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Cooper should be a planned sub at the 60 minute mark. He's bigger than Giteau and is a lot more direct and brings an x-factor to our attack in the last quarter. That pass he gave to Giteau for the try was sensational.
    I think this is due to Giteau doing what he is good at and that is running excellent lines off an elusive 10. Hold on isn’t that what world class 12's do!!!

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast